[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MERCHANT NAVY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Article_img_cover.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Article_img_cover.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
I got hired at cma cgm as a deck cadet and id like to get some tips and advices from people who went onboard.How's my working schedule gonna be? Is the internet free onboard?
>>
>>74807142
Do yourself a favour and get into private work ASAP, I get £900 a day as a chief engineer on luxury yachts, the work is easy and I get to drink expensive wine and get crazy tips from rich people.
>>
>>74809184
hard to get into in romania , did you apply online ?
>>
>>74809668
No, connections I made when in the Royal Navy. You can apply online if you do not know the right people and once you have your feet in the door you are laughing. The problem is that many crewman are shitbags so you may be forced to pick up the slack on other duties, its a good life though. Richfags roleplay as officers (uniforms and all) during the day and get whores aboard at night, every day is a laugh if you can let your morals go.
>>
>>74809980
Are they strict on medicals ? i have high cholesterol (its genetic) and some docs told me im 1 foot in grave
>>
>>74810520
No one has asked for for a medical since I left the armed forces, do not volunteer that information and you should be ok.
>>
>>74810661
Really i mean no blood test , hearing , vision and the usual stuff?
>>
>>74810782
Not had any of that, they just checked my qualifications and credentials as well as an interview by the skipper. My current boss interviewed me while he was drunk on expensive wine and I had to put him to bed, best boss I have ever had.
>>
>>74811107
Ok . I cant leave now because only 5% get hired in romania as cadets because of little places avaible and high number of maritime academies graduates. What should my steps be ? Trying to become a chief mate at this company ? and than with the experience gained switch to yachts? Keep in my im a cadet and this is my first time at sea so im little to no experienced.
>>
>>74811308
*keep in mind
>>
>>74811308
Get at least 5 years service before trying to go private and get your watchkeepers certificate ASAP. Fuck it, get as many certificates as possible.
>>
>>74811505
yeah i have to do 12 months of sea phase to get my certificate and get promoted as 3rd officer.
>>
>>74811617
How many crew aboard?
>>
>>74811675
its a 400 meters ship. i think 25
>>
>>74811722
25 for a ship that size? That really fucking amazes me, I am on a 82ft yacht and we have 13 crew as well as the roleplaying passengers.
>>
>>74811902
>>74811902
How old are you if you are C/E already i think above 30. Can you guide me how to get promoted fast ? How to get along with people onboard without looking like a clingy retard and also not upset anyone. Ive never been so far from home and for so much long so it make me anxious. Ill join the ship on 30rd may.
>>
>>74812103
I turned 33 this year, promotion is as simple as studying hard and do not fuck up. Too many people get driven to drink and start getting sloppy, this will be your time to shine.
>>
>>74812575
Thx a lot for the good words.I wish you a good day
>>
>>74812861
Have fun shipmate.
>>
Lads, are Norwegian sailors a dying breed? We used to dominate the seas, but it seems like there are no Norwegian sailors left.
>>
>>74813278
You still have a good fishing fleet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.