[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Americans clap when they nuked Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 7a5.gif (20KB, 200x332px) Image search: [Google]
7a5.gif
20KB, 200x332px
Did Americans clap when they nuked Japan?
>>
In my high school history class all the students clapped whenever we learned about a battle that Americans won
>>
>>74721043
What did they do when they were taught about the ones they lost?
>>
>>74721043
Pretty sad I can't tell if you're joking.
>>
File: IMG_2903.png (302KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2903.png
302KB, 680x680px
>>74721449
>America lost a war
>British edumucation
>>
>>74721475
pretty sad how stupid you are
>>
>>74721504
V
>>
File: zCI0F86.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
zCI0F86.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>tfw yuropeons don't even clap after they finish reciting the pledge of allegiance
>>
>>74721539
Red Cloud's War
>>
>>74721043
In our school we clapped when the other side won. Then we defaced the American flag and kicked a jew.
>>
I did. But I am Chinese.
>>
>tfw I will never be a Chinese mafia boss with a beautiful white wife
>tfw I will never have a loyal and cool right hand man like Mark from A Better Tomorrow
>tfw I will never wage war against the Japanese Yakuza scum for using ninjas to stealing my family's horses
>>
>>74720941
That's a common misconception. You might be thinking this because of J. Robert Oppenheimer's quoting of the Bhagavad Gita

>Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

He's referencing when the Hindu god Vishnu is trying applaud an Indian prince. Vishnu takes on his multi-armed form, so as to clap with the sound of a larger audience.

Oppenheimer's allusion was meant to express that he applauds the nuking of Japan, but he wishes to express his approval more than with one set of clapping hands, but with a thunder of applause.
>>
>>74722007
I was actually mocking the impression the world has of Americans clapping and cheering at everything.

Cool it with the autism.
>>
>>74721504
Good post
>>
We clap
>>
>>74721539
What.
>>
>>74720941
I clapped everytime they showed a footage of the holocaust when a bunch of jews were gassed.
>>
>>74726994
I'm glad America saved you from communism. You've even got a big Freedom Star right in the middle of your flag ;_;7
>>
>>74727026
Says the shitheads that left the chinks and brits to die when the japanese came to Singapore.
>>
>>74727072
> Left the chinks and Brits to die
Have no idea what you're talking about. Any NZ soldiers defending singapore were taken POW alongside the Brits and Aussies.
>>
>non country tier relevance country making nuke thread on everyday

stop being attention whore
>>
>>74727138
Aussies and NZs just fuckin took off in a boat when the Japs came. The most fked up thing is that the boat couldn't carry all the Aussies and NZs, so they decided to leave someone else in charge and all the generals ran. At least the general that left got fuckin court martialled.
>>
>>74720941
They certainly were happy on V-J day.
>>
>>74727252
wtf, I hate Australia and NZ now
>>
>>74720941
Did Brits bong when they bombed Hamburg?
>>
>>74720941
Did Brits bong when they bonged Hambong?
>>
>>74727448
This lead to the greatest British Surrender in all of history(look it up), where the Aussies were supposed to fuckin protect the damn water supply, now the fuckin Japs got it and everyone got fucked.
>>
File: 1471999179851.jpg (34KB, 379x503px) Image search: [Google]
1471999179851.jpg
34KB, 379x503px
>>74722007
>>
>>74720941
They did the right thing. Must have been used against commies too though.
>>
>>74727592
don’t blame poor anzac so much. actually, they wanted to keep sucking BYC (big yamato cock) by renewing anglo-japanese alliance, but the leaf was against it to get in with their am*rican overlord and the alliance expired, leading to the japanese invasion of british territories.

>The Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom and the Dominions met at the 1921 Imperial Conference to determine a unified international policy, particularly the relationship with the United States and Japan.[10] The most urgent issue was that of whether or not to renew the Anglo-Japanese Alliance, which was due to expire on 13 July 1921.[11] On one side were the Prime Minister of Australia Billy Hughes and the Prime Minister of New Zealand Bill Massey, who strongly favoured its renewal.[12]Neither wanted their countries to be caught up in a war between the United States and Japan, and contrasted the generous assistance that Japan rendered during the First World War with the United States' disengagement from international affairs in its aftermath.[13] "The British Empire", declared Hughes, "must have a reliable friend in the Pacific".[14] They were opposed by the Prime Minister of Canada, Arthur Meighen, on the grounds that the alliance would adversely affect the relationship with the United States, which Canada depended upon for its security.[15] As a result, no decision to renew was reached, and the alliance was allowed to expire.[16]
>>
I remember in school the day after 9/11, the teacher spoke to us about what happened.

After explaining the tragedy, the 60% muslims in our class started clapping. The teacher then yelled at us (40%) why we were not clapping. He yelled that we were excluding the 60% by not participating in their celebration.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.