[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just now realized that Israel is basically a LARPing state.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Flickr_IsraelFlag01_met.jpg (27KB, 585x390px) Image search: [Google]
Flickr_IsraelFlag01_met.jpg
27KB, 585x390px
I just now realized that Israel is basically a LARPing state. Think about it.

>Revived a dead language and made it the official language
>Bases its flag, borders and currency on those of an ancient state and mythology. I mean fucking shekels for g-d's sake
>Even name their tanks and defense strategies after religious mythology (samson option etc.)

How can they get away with founding a state based on role playing as old testament Israelites.
>>
>>74555238
t. Ahmad Alhamdulillah Al-Jazeera
>>
>>74555238
The funniest part is that they do not follow the Torah

They literally suffered perscution for thousand years to preserve their culture just to throw it into the garbage once in Israel
>>
File: 13414.jpg (90KB, 951x840px) Image search: [Google]
13414.jpg
90KB, 951x840px
>>74555373
What kind of Arab would love Israel that is the most odd thing I've seen in 4gag.
>>
>>74560059
The Sunni gulf petrostates are in league with Israel
>>
>>74560142
This is true. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?
>>
File: C_I9ACVXcAAF1pu.jpg (20KB, 444x464px) Image search: [Google]
C_I9ACVXcAAF1pu.jpg
20KB, 444x464px
>>74560142
I'm friends with several submits in uni and most of 'em hate Israel so I thought it was odd that the the Lebanese guy has some type of Stockholm syndrome or something
>>
>>74560059
Sunnis*
>>
>>74560275
"Stockholm" syndrome is such a perfectly fitting name for it honestly
>>
>>74560275
The vast majority of Muslims are Sunni so many of them do hate Israel, but Sunni Gulf Arab states like Saudi have been aligned with Israel for some time
>>
>>74560363
Kinda like how the UAE became the cum platter of the UK
>>74560353
Exactly what I thought Frenchbro
>>
>>74560059
I think he's a Maronite. But I thought they also hated Israel for abandoning the South Lebanon paramilitaries.
>>
>>74560478
Or some Iranian who despises Arabs (why do they by the way?)
>>
>>74560478
The Maronites aren't united. They have differing opinions regarding Israel.
In >>74555373's case, he's a phalangist faggot that enjoys sucking the circumsized dick.
>>
>>74561208
Besides the obvious Shia V. Sunni stuff, Arab countries backed Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war out of fear of Iran-like revolutions overthrowing their own monarchies (revolutions which Iran was actively trying to spread). They're also not a fan of Arabs countries cooperating with the West. But Iranians's hate of Israel goes waaaaaaay beyond any hate towards the Arab countries so that guy isn't Iranian.
>>
File: amd-deckfix3-08.png (49KB, 961x540px) Image search: [Google]
amd-deckfix3-08.png
49KB, 961x540px
>>74563172
Good point
>>
>>74555238
JUST LIKE THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE
>>74561208
Most iranians I've met here look at arab countries as their enemies. Not in the /int/ sense of "hurr I hate your country" but as in fearing that they pose an actual threat to their security. Iranians are also proud of their heritage and culture which is an important factor since Iran is one of the very few countries whose culture resisted a lot of the arab influence. For example, their language, their script, their literature, etc. Europeans have admired persian lit and poets for a long time but these days it feels like most people don't even know that Iran is not an arab country.
>>
>>74560059
Israel has had a fair number of loyal Arabs who did not buy into the Palestinian stupidity. I don't know numbers off top of head but it's not insubstantial.

Also, for those asking about Iran, above posters are correct, Shia vs Sunni is a big deal, but also Iranian Persian identity. Long proud history in general.
>>
>>74558193
this
>>
>>74560059
Sunni house niggers

Why are Shias the only Muslims with balls?
>>
>>74555238

all ethnicities/nationalities are just LARPing if you think about it
>>
When will we get a visit from BASED Netanyahu? I want to do my part for creating greater Israel.
>>
>>74566770
When he stops crying bitch tears about the UN resolution
>>
>>74566782
>>74566770

Israel and New Zealand are in bad terms, no?
>>
>>74558193
They've been doing it wrong for ~2000 years anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>74567303
>Israel builds settlements
>New Zealand says "hey don't do that"
>Israel chimps out and calls it an act of war
>>
>>74567416
What? No. People here like New Zealand and travel there quite a lot.
>>
>>74563429
Idk what alternative history you live in but Iran uses the Arabic script with a few letters added and has a lot of Arabic loanwords.
>>
>>74568638
Netanyahu literally said they considered New Zealand signing the resolution akin to a declaration of war.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/28/netanyahu-told-new-zealand-backing-un-vote-would-be-declaration-of-war

I'm sorry your government is retarded but it is what it is.
>>
File: 250px-Runö.jpg (18KB, 250x295px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Runö.jpg
18KB, 250x295px
>>74555238
>>Revived a dead language and made it the official language
Really fucking cool, not gonna lie. Wish that happened more often, especially around here.
>>
>>74560405
UAE is the most based "Arab" country. Hands down the best modern architecture in the world.
>>
>>74571097
I thought that was cool too.

Not common practice in Europe or the Americas. So glad they made the correct choice and not Yiddish.
>>
>>74571097
I think most of the time it's pointless, but I would like to see a revival of the Coptic language in Egypt. To be able to hear the tongue of the ancient Egyptians
>>
>>74555238
That's nothing.

Consider how first gen Israelis literally changed their German/Slavic/Hungarian/Whatever surnames into Hebrew-sounding family names.
>>
>>74555238
What does LARP mean?
Language arts remedial program?
>>
>>74571465
Life Action Role Play
>>
>>74555238
Our borders and flag aren't based on biblical Israel, no tank has a religious name, and The Samson was nicknamed by foriegners
>>
>>74572490
So it is real, the jew really lie as he breathes
>>
>>74574382
I would like to see evidence to any of these claims
>>
>>74555238
This is exactly why I love Israel.

Long live the Jews!
>>
>>74574926
The star of david is a kabalistic symbol.
Hitler did nothing wrong you lying jew rat.
>>
>>74560275
The Saudis I went to school with were indifferent to it. They weren't fans if Iran though.
>>
>>74571053
they just pulled their appeal a few days ago. realized they were wrong.
>>
>>74560059
>What kind of Arab would love Israel

every religious Sunni ever
>>
>>74560059
Gulf Arabs that really hate Iran
>>
>>74555238
Honestly, I think it's impressive that they basically revived an old country and language, gives me hope that that the Celtic languages will be revived properly too someday even if they still have to be spoken along with English which is most likely.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.