[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best sounding East Asian language?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: jp.png (45KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
jp.png
45KB, 2560x1707px
Is this the best sounding East Asian language?
>>
It's easy to pronounce
>>
shut the fuck up weeb
>>
I think so, I find that it's prononciation sounds close to languages I'm familiar with. The way phrases are constructed, the way it sounds. It's at the very least way less confusing to listen to than Chinese, for example.
>>
>>74471360
for me, yes.
for you, ?
>>
File: 1493862813717.jpg (78KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493862813717.jpg
78KB, 1080x1080px
>>74471360
No, it's korean
>>
>>74471360
I'm learning Japanese and I fancy the language a lot. But the Kanji man, it's not about difficulty but rather that they are beautiful but not fitting. As I write the kanji I feel some Imperial Han, Tang, or Ming China richness, even a bit of the slight modern Cinese """miracle""", but it is for a language that has nothing to do with it, it sorta feels wrong.
>>
>>74472273
nigga wtf there are simple rectangles and shit with lines, that are supposed to represent eyes
>>
>>74472273
>for a language that has nothing to do with it
Like half of their vocabulary is Chinese loanwords though
>>
>>74471360
Whenever I hear it it seems to have way less "nasal" tones than Chinese or Korean, which gives off the impression that it's closer to languages I know
>>
>>74471360
not even close

it's the most mexican/filipino sounding E. Asian language

Tibetan is the only nice sounding Asian language IMO
>>
>>74472537
yeah, like with a lot of countries sorrounding China (Korea and Vietnam got their writing from China too), but compare the pronounciation, specially the Xs and vowels.
If it wasn't for their economy and cartoons Japan would be Thailand/Korea/Vietnam tier in relevance.
>>
File: IMG_20170430_065032.jpg (23KB, 415x153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170430_065032.jpg
23KB, 415x153px
Nippon
>>
>>74471360

yes, and it's way easier for spanish speakers because they pronounce vowels the same as us.
>>
>>74471360
Japanese is the most obvious answer because it's pronounced in a way that's familiar to me.

Korean, I think it'd be beautiful if they 'pronounced it right'. They just seem to slur their words and I dislike that moaning they do when they speak, prolonging vowels or whatnot.

As for Chinese, Cantonese is disgusting and Mandarin is also, but the difference is that if Mandarin is spoken slowly, softly and calmly it sounds beautiful, shame they all speak like pirates and yell all the time.
>>
>>74471360
hard to go wrong when you literally have 5 sounds to work with
>>
>>74472273
>but not fitting
You won't be saying that in another six or twelve months time, after having more exposure to the language.
>>
>>74471360
Japanese is undoubtedly one of the best.

However, I prefer Mongolian myself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BN6u1nruUQ
>>
>>74471360
Without a doubt yes. Not a weaboo just realistic
>>
>>74476183
Simply ebin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_phonology
>>
Yes
T. the ""hardest"" language user
>>
>>
Mongolian is the kinda language that you fill your throat up with saliva when you speak it, but I like it a lot tho.
>>
>>74476252
mongolia is central asian country
>>
>>74471360
>Is this the best sounding East Asian language?
You are just too many watch anime anon
>>
We are west European though
>>
>>74479809
The way it's pronounced seems similar to English
>>
>>74480765
>desu

Yeah how similar
>>
>>74480765
No meme here, phonology wise, it's more similar to Swahili than any European languages.
>>
Mongolian or Tuvan
>>
>>74476137
stfu
>>
>>74471360
None of them sound good, weeb
>>
in my opinion, from pleasant sounding its jap>korean>mongol>tagalog>cantonese>thai>viet. dont know about other asian language enough to judge, and i cant judge mandarin as native speaker.

is mandarin really that bad, like ching chang chong?
>>
>>74483722
The tones is what irks me. When two are speaking, it sounds like they're constantly making fun of each other
>>
>>74483722
It sounds like it is full of all sorts of double entendres and things like that.
>>
>>74483722
>korean 2nd
wtf?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.