[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to learn Turkish without sounding overly formal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Flag_of_Turkey.png (22KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Turkey.png
22KB, 1200x800px
And also, what is the best way to learn Arabic, without the same problem?
>>
>>74469854
Bump.
>>
>>74469854
Turkey produces a shitton of series and movies. You can try them if you can watch them without feeling cringy
Also i think songs are the best way to learn a language and memorize words
Turkey produces a good deal of songs too so picking a song up and following the lyrics would help you a lot
>>
>>74469854
who cares, you wont be able to understand ottomanese
>>
>Also i think songs are the best way to learn a language and memorize words

bs, i have been able to speak English fluently ever since i was like 13 and couldnt understand songs until recently (im 20)
>>
>>74469854
if you're trying to not sound formal, you should find someone to practice while learning. Because Turkish has a hard-ish grammar most of the words used in daily speech are somewhat transformed to better fit the flow (thus being easier to pronounce and having a sense of informality at the same time)

so the best way to learn about is would be actually engage in daily conversations whilst talking to a real person
learning without sounding overly formal is a little too vague of a question. could you elaborate, why are you learning and with whom are you planning to speak Turkish?
>>
>>74469854
Ya allah bismillah allahuekber

There it is m8
>>
>>74470381
Understanding the songs alone is about listening comprehension
But i offered him to follow the lyrics, which doesn't require much listening comprehension skills
>>
kim /diaspora/
>>
>>74470302
>>74470381
>>74470456
Thank you.

Any recommendations?

>>74470342
Elaborate?

>>74470431
I'd like to learn a language that I somewhat have use for, ordering a kebab and chatting with them.

>>74470484
Wat?
>>
>>74471765
Ah so your not diaspora
>>
>>74471765
Modern Turks can't understand Ottoman Turkish, so it's kinda lame that you won't be able to understand historical/cultural pieces from the empire.
>>
>>74471852
Why did their language change so much and how?
>>
>>74471883
atatürk
>>
>>74471821
Lord no, why would an Englishman move to Turkey?
>>
>>74471910
So, he utterly rebuilt their national image out of spite?
What a twat.
>>
>>74471968
he removed the arabic words
>>
>>74472022
Because he was a prick who liked destroying history?
>>
>>74471968
He's the equivalent of Mao + Varg cultural revolution - anti Abrahamism except he get praises for it
>>
>>74471923
I meant the other way round
>>
>>74472116
Sounds like a right bellend, to be honest.

>>74472143
Ha ha, very funny. Are Turkish women beautiful?
>>
>>74472087
what?
>>
File: PROTO.png (175KB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
PROTO.png
175KB, 348x323px
>>74469854
italki
>>
>>74470381
>>74470302
I think that may depend on the kind of music you listen to.
Music is basically how I learned German pronunciation and grammar
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.