[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning Spanish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: don-pepe.jpg (49KB, 1000x1461px) Image search: [Google]
don-pepe.jpg
49KB, 1000x1461px
Looking to learn Spanish, native English speaker. Did a bit of duo lingo already and it seems like a good daily drill maybe switched up with my own flash cards. Grabbed a textbook with workbook used in a bookstore though the workbook is clean. Its an old high school Spanish book named Destinos. Also was meant to be paired with a soap opera like video series which I am grabbing a copy of now.

Looked at the first couple chapters of Rosetta stone and honestly it looks like a bloated version of Duolingo right down to lesson order. Might just skip that. Duolingo seems way better since its just a web login and I can do it anywhere. In little chunks or as long as I want. Rosetta Stone seems to be more you are stuck at your desktop pc and have to follow through these lengthy chunks without choice.

I need to add a bit to this I think. I can do movies and shows with subtitles plus use Anki to make my own cards. But I need to have something to listen to in the car that will help. Besides just some spanish talk show. Hopefully more learning focused so its stays at my level.

Might strip the audio out of that destinos show or just play the video from my phone over speakers.

Also who was that professional language teacher who died but has all his shit leaked on the internet. Someone recommended I check that out.
>>
>>74436076
if you plan on learning other romance languges i recomend learning latin,it helps alot
>>
>>74436099

Might do that second. I can talk to spanish/mexican people now so I want this as a first second language just because of the real world experience I can get constantly.
>>
>>74436076
You mean like a podcast?
>>
>>74436169

Something more learning oriented. Like I said I might just listen to these destinos episodes. They are meant to match up with what you learn in the lessons from the book which seems to mostly mirror the order duolingo goes in.
>>
>>74436193
http://www.fluentu.com/spanish/blog/spanish-podcasts/
Try the second and third from that list. Don't learn from people from Spain because of the pronunciation.
>>
>>74436076
CHI
>>
>>74436076
>Also who was that professional language teacher who died but has all his shit leaked on the internet. Someone recommended I check that out.

I want to check this out. Who was this really well known guy who did private lessons for people his whole life. And now his shit is out there to pirate? Is it too involved to be an add in to what else Ill be doing?

>>74436250
Thx I will check these out.
>>
>>74436076
Read /lat/
>>
>>74436428
>I want to check this out. Who was this really well known guy who did private lessons for people his whole life. And now his shit is out there to pirate? Is it too involved to be an add in to what else Ill be doing?
Have you tried /wsr/ or >>>/t/746368 ?
>>74436445
Even I have trouble understanding there.
>>
>>74436529
is great of the torrent links but they all lead to kick ass torrents,which got taken down
>>
>>74436590
There's a ton of magnet links. You don't need nothing but a tracker and add the magnets directly.
>>
>>74436590
>>74436640
>>74436529

Ill dig through it in a bit finishing grabbing the destinos episodes.
>>
I just remembered I was talking about Michael Thomas.

>>74436428
>>
>>74436700

Michel I think
>>
>>74436715

Alright so ill be doing memrise/duolingo plus this book as the main line for learning. Duolingo and cards with anki for just drilling. Most of my time is weekends or some evenings so it ill be nice to have something I can dril for 10-15 mins every day when I have a moment to keep up the stimulation. Will also try just speaking to Spanish people daily once i got a few weeks under my belt.

This destinos book has this soap series which matches the lessons so Ill be watching that before bed might have to repeat episodes as there is one per book chapter.

I have Michel Thomas downloaded for car. Also could do Destinos episodes though they are meant to be visual with the audio so maybe not. Someone in this thread recommended two podcasts aimed at beginners. Coffee break Spanish and SpanishPod101 so I will check those as well.

That I think should keep me going pretty well for a few months at least untill I am someone talking in the language. After that I can just talk to people all day and look for some kind of chat room.

That should work anyone have an idea to improve or see me doing something stupid?
>>
>>74437303
>someone

somewhat

Also if I run out of that stuff Ill just start watching spanish movies tv making cards of shit I dont understand and maybe reading books.
>>
>>74437303

Also found someone called pimsleur who I will check out and maybe mix with the michel thomas on the car rides.
>>
>>74436076
Visit hispachan international board and tell them jamundi sent you
>>
>>74438478
Suicidate, traga vidrios y pásalos con cloro, por darle publicidad a ese pozo de underages

Here is your practice OP
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.