[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I get access to Spanish citizenship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: 61607_156_preview.jpg (76KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
61607_156_preview.jpg
76KB, 400x267px
I didn't know where to post this, so here I am.
Let me break it down for you: I am a French national, born and raised in France to a French father. However, my mother is a Spaniard (she's lived in France for 20+ years now, not naturalized), I speak fluently the language and I've spent everyone of my summers in Spain, knowing my cousins/uncles/aunts/grand parents. I had 18 years last November btw.

Can I ask for dual-citizenship to get a Spanish ID and passport? And if yes, how would it be useful?
>>
>>74381392
I think that you could get it
Any son/daughter of spanish people can access directly to the citizenship
I would ask in a consulate/embassy
>>
>>74381482
Alright, if possible I plan on getting my papers this summer. The thing is I just read that Spain only authorizes dual citizenship with specific (mainly hispanic) countries. I guess that's for naturalized Spaniards, not for "Jus Sanguinis" Spaniards.
>>
>>74381727
That's about being a full amerindian from Ecuador, you live a couple of years in Spain and they give you the citizenship
If any of your parents is spaniard you can get the spanish citizenship, it doesn't matter if you were born,for example, in Korea and you are half korean, you still can get the citizenship
>>
>>74382101
But I will be able to keep my French citizenship at the same time, right?
>>
File: IMG_0157.jpg (270KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.jpg
270KB, 960x1280px
>>74381392
God damn it I am tied to Spanish history being part of Spain until 1900s when cunt got stolen by USA, I am spaniard!
>>
OP, the Spanish guy is wrong. You will not get the Spanish citizenship because you already have it by birth! What you have to get is the Spanish passport, the citizenship is something immaterial which is different from being entitled to a citizenship which you would have to apply for in another case.

So you have to apply for a Spanish passport, not the citizenship. Go to the website of the Spanish embassy and read which documents you need to apply for the passport.
>>
>>74382313
Worst case scenario you lie and tell them you renounce you French nationality
>>
File: IMG_1029.jpg (35KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1029.jpg
35KB, 600x418px
>>74382437
Now I need moneys and get job in Spain to relocate when ancestors were spaniards who got cut off by USA from spen
>>
>>74382313
Listen, you already are a Spanish citizen and a French citizen by birth. Most EU countries have no problem with dual nationalities of other members, especially by birth. You have to apply as a Spanish citizen for a passport.
>>
>>74382544
>>74382683
Yeah, you said it better than me

And OP, you can keep both passports
>>
> And if yes, how would it be useful?
The two passports can be helpful to bypass travel bans that countries have imposed on each other based on travels, for example Israel and the Arab states. Furthermore you might be allowed to vote in Spanish and it would make some things easier if you lived in Spain or studied there, it doesn't improve your travel freedom, though, since it seems like the visa restrictions of other countries seem to be the same.

A possible disadvantage are drafts and sometimes countries bar dual national from certain sensilble areas like defense, intelligence and politics but this shouldn't be a problem within the EU, though.
>>
>>74382437
Are you from Florida?

Thanks guys, that's good to hear! Btw, is it true that some passports, even from within the Eurozone, are "better" than others, or is it just a myth?
>>
>>74383091
Cuba got conquered by USA in war, when I speak Spanish and have Spaniard ancestors.
>>
>>74382997
Nevermind my last post, this sums it up perfectly.
Another one: if Spain one day decides to go to war and to draft its fighting age males, what would happen to me?
>>
>>74383171
Lost Spanish nationality.
>>
>>74383091
Yes, this is very true. It's only marginally different for the Northern and Western European countries and more different for the eastern ones. For example Poland is not included in the US' visa-waiver program.

Use this site to compare passports.

https://www.passportindex.org/
>>
>>74383171
Based on your flag I concluded you live permanently in the mainland, that's why I crossed out Cuba and Puerto Rico.
>>
>>74382437
>this deluded CHI again
>>
>>74383258
I do live in Florida but that's besides point of my nationality at birth not being Spanish because of us conquest of Cuba.
>>
>>74383180
You are obligated to fight for Spain because your are their citizen but they won't come to get you in France but the moment you have entered Spanish territory the military police will arrest you.
>>
>>74383245
Thanks for the answer, I'm going to check it out
>>
>>74383351
Alright, and I guess the government would rip my citizenship off for being a defector right?
>>
>>74381392
Spain doesn't recognize a dual citzenship like UK does but it doesn't give a fuck either. So it's not an issue but if you want the passport it may be a bit tricky due our bureaucracy.
>>
File: spain-protests-law-fine.jpg (112KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
spain-protests-law-fine.jpg
112KB, 690x388px
>>74382437
You're whiter than most spaniards actually
>>
>>74383368
Just a quick look, the French passport seems better because it is completely visa free for Turkey while with the Spanish one you get an arrival visa. No difference otherwise.
>>
>>74381482
i want a house there to visit but i dont want to be citizen.. how possible is that
>>
File: IMG_0943.jpg (34KB, 250x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0943.jpg
34KB, 250x371px
>>74383457
I'm not, I'm shitskins compared to spen ancestors and most non immigrant spen citizens.
>>
>>74383437
Well, that may be a problem then... I will deal with all this this summer.
But do they have a way of checking if I hold dual citizenship?
>>
>>74383409
I don't really know very unlikely scenario. Keep in mind though that citizenships by bloodline are pretty much for eternity and a Spanish lassport would make things easier for your future children. You don't know what their life path might look like and what the future brings.
>>
>>74383529
What is "spen"?
> tfw most of my spanish family is white as fuck
>>
File: IMG_0987.jpg (19KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.jpg
19KB, 351x351px
>>74383608
Spain, I have feeling you're a half moor if so stay away from Spain.
>>
>>74383599
That's exactly my thought process, if I one day have to work in Spain, or marry a Spaniard, or if I simply want to live there, a passport/ID will be the most useful thing in the world
>>
>>74382313

I think Spain doesn't authorize dual citizenship for already Euro citizens. So you'd have to renounce your French citizenship.

Anyway, why do you want Spanish citizenship? Being from a EU country you wouldn't have any problems asking for residence status.
>>
>>74383563
>But do they have a way of checking if I hold dual citizenship?

Was your mother a Spanish citizenship at the time of your birth?
If yes, then you are already a Spanish citizen. You prove it by shoeing them the documents of your mother during your passport application.
>>
File: Algeria-Kidnapping_Horo5-195x110.jpg (116KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
Algeria-Kidnapping_Horo5-195x110.jpg
116KB, 1024x575px
>>74383529
> I'm shitskin

I don't think so, these are shitskin
>>
>>74383642
Why would I be half moor?
>>
>>74383710
Can I dig up a Spaniard ancestors records from 1900s and such for citizenship?
>>
>>74383740
Flag
>>
>>74383697
Given the current stability of the EU, I'd prefer having a back up plan.

>>74383710
Yes she was, and she still is, it's just that I was born in France
>>
>>74383809
Well thank god I am not. My father actually is a Breton "de souche", so pretty much a celt
>>
http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/Portal/es/areas-tematicas/nacionalidad/nacionalidad/tener-doble-nacionalidad

¿Qué nacionalidades es posible compartir con la española?

No es necesario que renuncien a su nacionalidad quienes fueran naturales de países iberoamericanos, de Andorra, Filipinas, Guinea Ecuatorial o Portugal. Se consideran países iberoamericanos a estos efectos aquéllos en los que el español o el portugués sean una de las lenguas oficiales.

A efectos de adquirir la doble nacionalidad Haití, Jamaica, Trinidad y Tobago y Guyana no se consideran iberoamericanos mientras que Puerto Rico sí se considera iberoamericano.
>>
>>74383922
>Breton
>Racemix

Nothing surprising
>>
>>74384059
This only talks about acquisition and naturalization but OP already is a Spanish citizen by origin. This doesn't apply to him.
>>
its a bit hard from what i heard
you need to marry someone spanish and live in spain for an specific period of time
maybe look on the spanish migration site instead of 4chan
>>
>>74383851

You are automatically entitled to Spanish nationality by virtue of Spanish mom, assuming you were born after 1978 (I checked it)

>Los hijos/as de madre española nacidos/as después del 29 de diciembre de 1978 son también españoles/as de origen a todos los efectos.

But you'd have to renounce French citizenship.

Anyway Residence grants you almost equal rights (except voting in national elections but who cares lel) you get your NIE ID card, social security number, healthcare system card etc.
>>
>>74383777
No, the modern law only goes back one generation. There was a law that granted citizenship to those that were affected by the Spanish civil war but it expired in 2011
>>
>>74384477
Reee.
>>
>>74384385
>But you'd have to renounce French citizenship.
Only in the case of acquisition, no? But OP is not acquiring it.
>>
>>74384572
Any Irish/Italian citizenship? These are easier to get.
>>
>>74383505
buy a house dipshit
>>
>>74382101
What has being full amerindian got to do with it?
>>
>>74384663
Hell no, ancestors are all spaniards, with some abo ancestry but that has no nationality.
>>
>>74384581

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/es/ServiciosAlCiudadano/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Paginas/Nacionalidad.aspx

>- En el caso de españoles que hayan nacido en el extranjero y sean españoles por haber nacido de padre o madre español/a también nacido en el extranjero, perderán la nacionalidad española si en el plazo de tres años desde la emancipación o mayoría de edad no declaran su voluntad de conservar la nacionalidad española

As always with Spanish law, it's kinda tricky. My interpretation is that as he never exercised the right to Spanish nationality, and assuming he's over 21 now, he's lost it in origin, therefore he'd need to 'reacquire' it.

But fugg me, who knows...
>>
>>74381482
I kind of look Spanish/Meditarranean, could I apply?
>>
Texas was in Spain's dominion, can I become Spanish
>>
>>74384720
That a person with no spanish blood can get the spanish citizenship by living here for 2 years
Only people from Latin America, Philipines and Equatorial Guinee
>>
>>74385477
Pero op no dijo que su madre naciera en el extranjero
>>
>>74386348
NO, try Mexico, sorry
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (156KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
156KB, 960x960px
>>74386849
Can I come?
>>
>>74385477
Actually I'm 18 years old, so I would be in time according to your text.
And I just remembered that I once had my Spanish ID, my parents made me do it when I was a kid, but now it has expired.
Does that technically mean I once held French-Spanish citizenship at the same time? Which is, according to some people in this thread, impossible even when having the Spanish citizenship de jure?
>>
>>74386825
Mi madre nació en Andalucía de padres españoles y de abuelos españoles. Pero yo nací en Francia, de un padre francés y de una madre española (nunca quizo adquirir la nacionalidad francesa).
>>
>>74392363
>my parents made me do it when I was a kid, but now it has expired

Coño, pues renuévalo. ¿Aún lo tienes?
>>
>>74386793
Latin America or Spanish America?

tfw I'm ethnically half Spanish but getting a citizenship is just too hard because my closest Spanish parent is my grandmother and she's already dead
>>
File: 100 percent iberian.jpg (138KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
100 percent iberian.jpg
138KB, 360x450px
>>74386966
Pues claro, eres tan ibérico como el chorizo cular
>>
>>74392841
Civil war refugee?
>>
>>74392841
sadly you are included in the term iberoamérica
>>
File: Captura.jpg (35KB, 552x378px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
35KB, 552x378px
>>74381392
My mom is from Chile and i have dual citizenship , not problem with that desu
>>
>>74392473
>Mi madre nació en Andalucía de padres españoles y de abuelos españoles. Pero yo nací en Francia, de un padre francés y de una madre española (nunca quizo adquirir la nacionalidad francesa).
Los paises iberoamericanos con España, puedes tener la doble nacionalidad , Mi madre es de Chile y mi padre Español , técnicamente soy Chileno y Español.

Realmente no se acerca de la politica en Francia
>>
>>74392639
Creo que mi padre lo tiene guardado por ahí, intentaré renovarlo en agosto, y ya les preguntaré a la alcaldía todo lo de la compatibilidad con la nacionalidad francesa.
>>
>>74384726
>Hell no, ancestors are all spaniards
are you from New Mexico?
>>
>>74394367
>ya les preguntaré a la alcaldía todo lo de la compatibilidad con la nacionalidad francesa.
where? in Andalucia?
>>
>>74384720
si eres mestizo puedes conseguir estos al instante desu, pero tienes demostrarlo
>>
>>74394976
tienes que*
>>
File: IMG_1011.jpg (247KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1011.jpg
247KB, 1280x960px
>>74394976
I'm Cuban, give back Cuba to Spain then I'll go back(tm)
Noggies can come to USA
>>
>>74381392
A dual citizenship rarely hurts, at best it hurts your time and wallet a little.
>>
>>74395135
el cubANO senores
>>
File: IMG_0298.jpg (315KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.jpg
315KB, 1280x960px
>>74395135
I'll only feel comfortable in Cuba with union with Madrid.
>>
>>74395294
Me alone against African Bolshevik horde in Cuba will do no good, Francoist Madrid will save me.
>>
>>74393704
>sadly
why tho
I look Spanish (based on what Spanish people told me) and don't plan on moving to Spain or anything. Having a Spanish passport would just make my life easier when traveling 2bh
I even speak Spanish, albeit with a Rioplatense accent
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.