[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian "Culture"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: australianculture.png (834KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
australianculture.png
834KB, 960x576px
Australian "Culture"
>>
married at first sight australia was pretty good
>>
>culture is determined by TV

woah...
>>
tv reflect culture
>>
They need to bring back shows like All Aussie Adventures and Kath and Kim
>>
>>74366590
Kath and Kim was garbage

Bring back clever comedy like The Hollowmen instead of lowest common denominator shit
>>
>>74366590
They're shit, nostalgiafag
>>
only thing I watch on the telly is pawn stars
>>
>>74366631
I just watch sports like every good australian
>>
>>74366602
>Work in the public service.
>Hollowmen is literally 10000x more accurate than any other political show in existence.
>>
>>74366590
>>>/facebook/

I know the husband on kath and kim though, good bloke
>>
Australians seem really boring.
>>
>>74366711
genuinely worrying
>>
>>74366290
Without your "culture", our TV channels would have nothing to run for 90% time
>>
>>74368311
Police Ten 7 is better than our cop shows though
>>
>>74368311
I heard some of our reality shows get showed in South Africa too kek

Apparently Master Chef Australia was huge there
>>
>>74366950
why, because the government doesn't fund tv shows?
>>
File: 0000298569.jpg (130KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0000298569.jpg
130KB, 500x500px
they had at least one good punk band
>>
>>74368682
Glad our main export is getting exposure
>>
>>74366711
krazykuckhold
>>
>mkr
angry angry man is a beast
>>
Who /theblock/ here?
>>
>>74369618
watched it once, my supervisor would destroy every cunt on there if he wasnt 73
>>
>>74369560
> autistic

definitely /ourguy/
>>
>>74369525
nah, that post doesn't reek of assumed superiority
>>
>>74366290
They used to show dubbed versions of 'Round the twist' and 'Don't blame the koalas' here years ago. Good shows.
>>
>>74366290
border patrol/Nothing to Declare has reruns all the time here (the canadian version too)
>>
Really enjoy Highway Patrol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71DIT6hYXYo

absolute fucking kino
>>
>>74366590
>Kim
do aussie love the best leader?
>>
>>74366290
They have to legally make a certain amount of Australian TV content each year, and this is what they come up with mostly.

This and fucking gay drama shows about families in the suburbs or moving to a seaside town.

There is a cultural void in Australia, the networks take 0 risks with tv. Thank god for the ABC and SBS, at least they make decent shows like Danger 5 and Hollowmen every now and again.
>>
>>74373323
>cultural void
>because networks don't fund shitty tv shows

Hmm
>>
who the fuck watches tv shows anyway lmao

only own a tv for footy and cricket
>>
>>74373043
Round the Twist was great - Based on the Paul Jennings stories.

I quite liked Underbelly and some of their travel and cooking shows are pretty good too, Getaway especially.
>>
>>74366290
>no home and away
i remember that shit was always on when i came home from school
>>
>>74373361
Yeah a cultural void because rather than branching out people just watch manufactured drama reality tv, and it bleeds into our film culture as well.

Our entertainment industries are super risk averse, but it feels like they shouldn't be because aussies historically love weird/abnormal shit like mad max and priscilla queen of the desert.

I blame reality tv.
>>
>>74373492
yeah that's all true but how does that create a "cultural void"

did Australian culture disappear at the turn of the century when reality TV kicked in?
>>
>>74373531
Because there is a void where there should be a decent tv and film industry.

Instead we get shows about wankers in kitchens and sequels to movies about red dogs.
>>
>>74373612
that's a television and film void, not a cultural one
>>
>>74373637
Stop being autistic, tv and film make make up part of what culture is. I didn't say australia has no culture at all.

We have a media cultural void, is your autism sated now? And before you start screeching about the music industry, the mainstream music industry is pretty fucking atrocious too.
>>
>>74373728
no because cultural is the wrong word entirely
>>
>>74366590
TIME TO HIT THE ROAD
>>
>>74368682
>>74369495
We get Police Ten 7 over here too. It's cute.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.