[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans hate seafood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (200KB, 832x607px)
Untitled.png
200KB, 832x607px
Why do Americans hate seafood?
>>
salted cod with scrambled eggs is good.
>>
File: IMG_1472.jpg (42KB, 495x497px)
IMG_1472.jpg
42KB, 495x497px
>Eating Indian poo fish

Ishiggy diggy doo
>>
>eating fish when you have pork and lamb
what's the purpose tho
>>
>>74358767
It depends where you are
>>
>>74358767
Most of America isn't close to port towns. On the Eastern Seaboard, in Frisco, in Portland, they all love fish.
>>
>>74358767
Is obviously in the Midwest and not in coastal regions
>>
>>74358767
>In capitalist America
I don't know why but that sounds cuntish. Also, seafood is great
>>
>>74358767
>hurr why can't i get the same type of fish i eat in my indian fishing village

why are brown people so stupid
>>
>>74358767
We have different kinds if you go to an actual fish market or seafood restaurant. It sounds like he went to a place that had a seafood section but didn't specialize in it.
>>
>>74359127
There's honestly a lot of tasty fishes to eat

Fish is heathier too
>>
>>74359216
*healthier
>>
>>74358767
I'm curious as to these "tasty fish"
Living in the middle of the fucking country leaves me with little option but Salmon, and Telapia most of the time.
>>
>>74358767
>salmon
>not a tasty fish
I don't expect much from Leddit, yet I'm dissapointed nonetheless
>>
>>74359127
>>hurr why can't i get the same type of fish i eat in my indian fishing village
>why are brown people so stupid
Fucking this. Tiger prawns are an invasive species in the gulf and native to the Indo-Pacific. Why would we have them here? King Mackerel also only goes as far North as North Carolina, so it's not going to be caught outside of the SE.
>>
>>74359216
One of the ones he listed would have to be harvested and flown from South/South East Asia. Why would we do that for shrimp? Also, he's Indian so he probably went to the cheapest place he could find.
>>
>>74359312
It's Hacker News, not leddit.
Have a heaping serving of crow with your Stargazy pie :^)
>>
>>74359216
This is a typical fish market in Brooklyn.

Avenue U Fish Market

https://www.yelp.com/biz/avenue-u-fish-market-brooklyn?utm_source=ashare&utm_campaign=status_quo_sheet&ref=yelp-android
>>
>>74358767
The gulf coast is the only place in this country that knows its way around seafood. The west coast is an absolute joke. New Englanders think they have good seafood but it's actually garbage, it's exactly what the second guy is talking about, it's bland as fuck. They basically just boil everything. Some of those lower east coast states are alright, like Maryland and the Carolinas.

If you want really good seafood though your only real hope is Florida and Louisiana.
>>
>>74358767
>Bengali thinks fish has to be bathed in spices

What a surprise.

Good fish is like a good steak, you shouldn't need to do a lot to it.
>>
>>74359352
Well, we will never know

Btw the argument wasn't only abouth what fishes they could found, but even how are they coocked, i've seen american brands of tuna advertised as CHICKEN OF THE SEA. I mean, really?

Dunno man, maybe it's just that mine is a seafood culture (also i bet indian "cuisine" drowns fish flavour in spices, wich is blasphemy)
>>
It's mostly dumb flyover hicks that don't like fish. Normal people like it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.