[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/FUG/ General - France, UK, Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 52

A place for sharing:
•History,
•Culture,
•Photography,
•Self Improvement Progress,
•Fashion,
•Art,
•Creative writing,
•Poetry.
>>
File: 1489241514610.jpg (737KB, 2968x1574px) Image search: [Google]
1489241514610.jpg
737KB, 2968x1574px
/balt/
>>
File: Brest-litovsk.jpg (999KB, 1148x1238px) Image search: [Google]
Brest-litovsk.jpg
999KB, 1148x1238px
>>74335198
Was Brest-litovsk Justified?

Wikipedia:
>In the treaty, Bolshevik Russia ceded the Baltic States to Germany; they were meant to become German vassal states under German princelings. Russia also ceded its province of Kars Oblast in the South Caucasus to the Ottoman Empire and recognized the independence of Ukraine. Furthermore, Russia agreed to pay six billion German gold marks in reparations. Historian Spencer Tucker says, "The German General Staff had formulated extraordinarily harsh terms that shocked even the German negotiator." Congress Poland was not mentioned in the treaty, as Germans refused to recognize the existence of any Polish representatives, which in turn led to Polish protests. When Germans later complained that the Treaty of Versailles of 1919 was too harsh on them, the Allies (and historians favorable to the Allies) responded that it was more benign than Brest-Litovsk.
>>
Uganda Russia
Albania
Finland Armenia Greece
>>
>>74335267
I think I get why Russia is hated by other nations, they are adamant about collectivist politics.

All the other nations at the time just had to see how poor Russia made themselves whilst trying to push their idea onto everyone else.

Simple shit really, how could they let this happen.
>>
File: Germans killed by soviet army.jpg (229KB, 1280x950px) Image search: [Google]
Germans killed by soviet army.jpg
229KB, 1280x950px
What historical happenings towards your nation make you shudder?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

In Taken by Force, J. Robert Lilly estimates the number of rapes committed by U.S. servicemen in Germany to be 11,000. "copulation without conversation is not fraternization" was used as a motto by United States Army troops.[56] The journalist Osmar White, a war correspondent from Australia who served with the American troops during the war, wrote that:

After the fighting moved on to German soil, there was a good deal of rape by combat troops and those immediately following them. The incidence varied between unit and unit according to the attitude of the commanding officer. In some cases offenders were identified, tried by court martial, and punished. The army legal branch was reticent, but admitted that for brutal or perverted sexual offences against German women, some soldiers had been shot – particularly if they happened to be Negroes. Yet I know for a fact that many women were raped by white Americans. No action was taken against the culprits. In one sector a report went round that a certain very distinguished army commander made the wisecrack, 'Copulation without conversation does not constitute fraternisation.'[57]

>As in the eastern sector of the occupation, the number of rapes peaked in 1945, but a high rate of violence against the German and Austrian populations by the Americans lasted at least into the first half of 1946, with five cases of dead German women found in American barracks in May and June 1946 alone.[55]

Carol Huntington writes that the American soldiers who raped German women and then left gifts of food for them may have permitted themselves to view the act as a prostitution rather than rape. Citing the work of a Japanese historian alongside this suggestion, Huntington writes that Japanese women who begged for food "were raped and soldiers sometimes left food for those they raped."
>>
File: Scared frog.png (306KB, 698x515px) Image search: [Google]
Scared frog.png
306KB, 698x515px
>>74335485
cont.
>French troops took part in the invasion of Germany, and France was assigned an occupation zone in Germany. Perry Biddiscombe quotes the original survey estimates that the French for instance committed "385 rapes in the Constance area; 600 in Bruchsal; and 500 in Freudenstadt."[60] French soldiers were alleged to have committed widespread rape in the Höfingen District near Leonberg.[61] Katz and Kaiser,[62] though they mention rape, found no specific occurrences in either Höfingen or Leonberg compared to other towns.

According to Norman Naimark, French Moroccan troops matched the behavior of Soviet troops when it came to rape, in particular in the early occupation of Baden and Württemberg, providing the numbers are correct.
>>
>>74335596
>French Moroccan troops matched the behavior of Soviet troops when it came to rape
The resulting babies were aborted, right?
>>
File: Absence of God.png (681KB, 1388x613px) Image search: [Google]
Absence of God.png
681KB, 1388x613px
>>74335596
>The exact number of German women and girls raped by Soviet troops during the war and occupation is uncertain, but western historians estimate their numbers are likely in the hundreds of thousands, and possibly as many as two million. The number of babies, who came to be known as "Russian Children", born as a result is unknown. However, most rapes did not result in pregnancies, and many pregnancies did not result in the victims giving birth. Abortions were the preferred choice of rape victims, and many died as a consequence of internal injuries after being brutally violated, untreated sexually transmitted diseases due to a lack of medicine, badly performed abortions, and suicides, particularly for traumatized victims who had been raped many times. In addition, many children died in postwar Germany as a result of widespread starvation, scarce supplies, and diseases such as typhus and diphtheria. The infant mortality in Berlin reached up to 90 per cent.

In any case, just as each rape survivor carried the effects of the crime with her till the end of her life, so was the collective anguish nearly unbearable. The social psychology of women and men in the Soviet zone of occupation was marked by the crime of rape from the first days of occupation, through the founding of the GDR in the fall of 1949, until—one could argue—the present.

West Berliners and women of the wartime generation refer to the Soviet War Memorial in Treptower Park, Berlin, as the "tomb of the unknown rapist"

Hannelore Kohl, the wife of former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, had been gang-raped at age 12 by Soviet soldiers in May 1945, according to her biographer. As a consequence, she sustained a serious lifelong back injury after being thrown out of a first-floor window. She had been suffering long and serious illnesses that experts thought of as the consequence of childhood trauma. Hannelore committed suicide in 2001.
>>
>>74335596
I'm still very sore about the whole World War thing, It happened less than 100 years ago, bro. At least humanity has learned from it but jeez..It really makes you shudder how close it was to us.
>>
>>74335198
>puncuating bullet points
literal idiot
>>
>>74335700
Y'know in such calamities you really need a community to accept and support you.

It's your community and how they think of you that matters. We are social creatures in need of social approval.

How did the Germans cope with this trauma?
>>
File: asdgirjg.jpg (25KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
asdgirjg.jpg
25KB, 450x320px
>>74335634
>>74335700

>>74335720
Makes me think how the world woulda been if we just kept out of WW1 and said to the austrian:
> You want serbia but fight the whole world? We're out!
But fucking wilhelm had to join.
>>
File: Marina Golovina qt.jpg (72KB, 1021x573px) Image search: [Google]
Marina Golovina qt.jpg
72KB, 1021x573px
MY KINGDOM FOR A RUSSIAN CUTE
>>
File: Monkeys.jpg (88KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
Monkeys.jpg
88KB, 453x640px
>>74335700
then again
>According to Antony Beevor revenge was not the only reason for the frequent rapes; but the Soviet troops' feeling of entitlement to all types of spoils of war, including women, was an important factor as well. Beevor exemplifies this with his discovery that Soviet troops also raped Soviet and Polish girls and women that were liberated from Nazi concentration camps as well as those who were held for forced labor at farms and factories.[28]

>Richard Overy, a historian from King's College London, has criticized the viewpoint held by the Russians, asserting that they refuse to acknowledge Soviet war crimes committed during the war, "Partly this is because they felt that much of it was justified vengeance against an enemy who committed much worse, and partly it was because they were writing the victors' history."[29]

>Historian Geoffrey Roberts writes that the Red Army raped women in every country they passed through, but mostly in Austria and Germany: 70,000–100,000 rapes in Vienna, and "hundreds of thousands" of rapes in Germany. He notes that the German Army probably committed tens of thousands of rapes on the Eastern Front, but that murder was the more typical crime for them.[30]
Russians are literally animal subhumans
>>74335853
Deadsilence, you couldnt speak about it without people saying the holocaust was worse. Also most women didnt want to talk about it of course.
>>
File: Come%20and%20See[1].jpg (102KB, 639x384px) Image search: [Google]
Come%20and%20See[1].jpg
102KB, 639x384px
>>74336083
>He notes that the German Army probably committed tens of thousands of rapes on the Eastern Front, but that murder was the more typical crime for them.

>Russians are literally animal subhumans

National Soc led you to murder civilians, I'd say that's more a lot more sinister than rape.

Pic related, from soviet war film. German paratroopers murdered this kids entire village. This is HFW.
>>
I am Breton and I want to be in the UK!
>>
File: How the SPD wants to live.jpg (52KB, 436x571px) Image search: [Google]
How the SPD wants to live.jpg
52KB, 436x571px
How many children do you want to have?

>>74336362
>soviet war films
>>
>>74337372
When our country finally support big families it will be like 4
>>
>>74335856
>> You want serbia but fight the whole world? We're out!
>But fucking wilhelm had to join.
It's a lot more complex than that. There are historians who believe the outbreak of WWI may be the most complex event in all of world history.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (141KB, 1280x836px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
141KB, 1280x836px
What was it like in France after these Terror attacks and how do you feel now about it?

You must be a paranoid nation.
>>
>>74335198
> •Culture
It's part of German culture to be quiet in public transport. Is that a thing in your countries too?
>>
>>74337661
>When our country finally support big families it will be like 4
What do you expect?
>>
>>74338970
In berlin people casually talk on bus and train, but never too loud.
We are not autists like finns who are almost literally mute.
>>74339020
nothing. This country just doesnt have its priorities set.
>>
>>74339115
>nothing
You're misunderstanding me. I was asking what would constitute a proper state support for big families in your mind.
>>
>>74339115
Didn't Merkel just recently say say multiculturalism failed in Germany.

And secondly the Germans are conformist and shun those who are not. I'd say your priorities are better than a lot of other countries.
>>
>>74339175
>Didn't Merkel just recently say say multiculturalism failed in Germany.
Yes, but that doesn't mean she's against immigration. It simply means that successful integration is nothing else but almost complete assimilation. In other words her goal is to make the Syrians proper Germans. Just like we did with the Ruhrpoles.
>>
>>74339168
something like the opposite of what china did to lower child births.
>>
>>74339257
An assimilation program. Finally!

And like wise the German people should also work to prod new comers into German culture through something like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Its rewarding positive behaviour and shunning negative.
>>
>>74339293
That's so unspecific as can possibly be. Is it that you don't actually know what you want but just feel uneasy and uncomfortable, like a contrarian teen?
>>
>>74336083
wow that picture makes my blood boil. jesus christ... good propaganda 2bh.
>>
>>74339115
> In berlin people casually talk on bus and train, but never too loud.
> We are not autists like finns who are almost literally mute.
Woah, it's almost like that's the reason why I wrote "quiet" and not "silent".
>>
>>74339353
It's a complex issue how to make integration work. It's an interdisciplinary field of research. We know that employment makes up the single biggest puzzle piece in this riddle and we're good in this department. But it's not everything. And we're still trying to figure out the rest. Language obviously is very important too.
Crusial will be to make them accept our set of values, which, admittedly will be more difficult than with the Poles in the late 19th and early 20th century.
>>
File: Skeltalscratch.png (161KB, 248x374px) Image search: [Google]
Skeltalscratch.png
161KB, 248x374px
>>74339387
Lower taxes for big families, whats left to say?
> Is it that you don't actually know what you want but just feel uneasy and uncomfortable, like a contrarian teen?
>this entire sentence
No need to get insulting
>>
>>74339872
>Lower taxes for big families
And what is the difference, financially, between not having to pay taxes and getting Kindergeld?
In both cases your financial situation is being eased by the state at the expense of those who don't have children.

Sorry, I don't believe that you want to have children at all. Not seriously. To me you appear like the typical case of "verbale Aufgeschlossenheit bei weitgehender Verhaltensstarre"
>>
>>74339540
>Crucial will be to make them accept our set of values, which, admittedly will be more difficult than with the Poles in the late 19th and early 20th century.

This mostly applies to women and what they can wear etc. I don't see it as such a hard moral lesson to come to terms with. Perhaps teaching the diversity of world cultures throughout the ages, along with their norms would work to put it all into perspective.

The immigrants believe German culture is morally wrong, but they could easily accept to live along side it without causing a fuss.
>>
>>74339872
>lower taxes for big families

Oh God please don't. This is a great way tip the scale in favour of the uneducated leeches of society.
>>
>>74340107
>This mostly applies to women and what they can wear etc.
It's also things like religious freedom, meaning not only freedom to practice religion but also to be free from relgion. The entire notion of a modern secular state that religion has to be a private matter.

Equal rights, sexual freedom etc are also big things that are not easy for people of that culture to adapt to. Democracy is easy. They dig that, but the cultural stuff is more difficult. But it's important for the overall success of assimilation. Because otherwise they will form parrallel societies.
>>
>>74340083
Then how would you encourage people to breed?
Money is one of the biggest reasons why people don't want to have more than 2 children.
And what is your fixation with me being some kind of evil person? Can't you hold a normal argumentation without going ad hominem at the end of every post?
>>
>>74340266
How do you feel about my proposal to educate immigrants with history lessons on the various cultural norms of the world and how normal it is to be different?

I can't think of another way you could convince an immigrant to accept your culture without putting it into context why they should except it.
>>
>>74340378
>Then how would you encourage people to breed?

Definitely not through lower taxes because of >>74340191
But there are a number of ways, all as important as each other.

-Maternity pay
-Higher paying jobs (better economy)
-A invigorated culture, by that I mean more community orientated events to increase social relations between strangers and neighbours.
>>
File: geburtenrate.gif (23KB, 582x396px) Image search: [Google]
geburtenrate.gif
23KB, 582x396px
>>74340378
>Then how would you encourage people to breed?
I don't know. I even doubt there is somebody in the world who knows this. I would like to see a serious effort of the state to fund science into really finding out what makes eople in modern societies have many children. A true Apollo program, if you will. Because IMO it's the most imortant question of our time. And it's being neglected by politics and the populace for half a century now.

I don't believe in the economic argument. It was in the late sixties, early seventies when birthrates dropped like a stone (pic related). But this was a time of economic success, before the hurricanes of technilogical progress and, to a far lesser extent, globalization caused the big unemployment problems with the strutural change that came with them.
It were in fact social changes that made people want to have less kids. We obviously can't roll those changes back. So we need to find out how make people want more kids within this new environment.
>>
>>74340514
Yes, this is necessary. And the earlier the better, even if it means to hold those lessons in their language rather than ours.
>>
>>74335485
Franco-German war was brutal for the french.
>>
>>74340378
>>74340769
To follow up on this. I know of some research, mainly comparisons between European countries. It seems that giving women more options with full kindergarden coverage etc helps, as well as sharing the burden of raising, which the state can influence by making parental money you get for the first weeks and months after birth forfeit if the father doesn't take parental leave too, like is done in Sweden e.g.

But 2bh, even though this does help to raise birth rates from German levels of ~1.4 to Scandinavian or French levels of ~1.8-1.9, it's still not enough, because what matter is the number before the decimal point.
>>
>>74341207
>Those low birth rates

Well now it makes sense why you have an Einwanderungpolitiks as you do
>>
>>74341306
I think many people still don't realize that if we do nothing we are crashing head first into a concrete wall.
We spend €600bn annually on families, that's a fifth of our entire GDP with next to no effect. Time to try something different.
>>
>>74340978
The occupation was way more brutal than the war though
>>
>>74341594
Im interested
Mind telling more?
>>
>>74335720
My Great Granddad who was in the war always told me we needed another big war.
>>
>>74337372
4+
>>
File: 1469228416940.jpg (33KB, 245x389px) Image search: [Google]
1469228416940.jpg
33KB, 245x389px
>nyaa is gone for good
>>
>>74342536
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/
>>
I like this general. But shouldn't we invite Spaniards and Russians too?
>>
File: 1483900887845.png (93KB, 1369x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1483900887845.png
93KB, 1369x1057px
>>74342913
italians would be the closest option
>>
>>74342913
>>74342972
Poland should be in it.
>>
>>74342972
I see. But I thought we could make this a Europe's Big Five (UK, France, Spain, Germany, Russia) thread

>>74343009
NEIN
>>
>>74342183
I have a personal story (well kind of, it's my grandpa's) to tell.
Merely an anecdote, but hey, it's 4chan.

My grandpa (born in 1920) was enrolled (or volunteered, I never knew how this happenned) after the surrender in what was then called Chantiers de jeunesse. It was a creation of Pétain who wanted to create a paramilitary troop of youths, that would be of use, for or against the Germans, I'm pretty sure he hadn't a clue at the time. The primary intention of their creation was pretty much gray (they had a cult of the leader, namely this good maréchal), but it soon came as a home to many movements of resistance, in particulary in the Alps.
In 1944, when the Wehrmacht invaded the so-called France libre after Unternehmen Anton, my grandpa, who was a trooper in the Chantiers de Jeunesse in the Alps, happened to be together in the bad place at the bad moment when an occupation group decided to investigate the village where he lived near Aspremont.

All members of the chantiers de jeunesse were arrested in the village in front of my grandpa's house, it was the last house before a big slope that leaded to a heavy forest were the rest of the camp was.
All were arrested at gunpoint, but my grandpa's cousin, who was likely involved in some sabotage operation, took his chance on the slope. It took no more than a single gun-fire to shoot him dead. Everybody was arrested, they took the cousin and my grandpa's mother searched for his spectacles. They were never to be found. My grandpa moved in town after the war.

Fas forward in 2006, my grandpa (86 years then) did a visit with his two sons at his family house ; he was showing them around where this all happenned, when he saw a glittering in the slope. My father went back with a pair of glasses.
>>
>>74342338
No offence but did he have a cushy post?
>>
>>74343355
No, he was in the infantry and fought in France/Netherlands/Germany.
>>
>>74343097
Thank you for sharing your touching story.
My grandfather was born in 1920 too and fought in France in 1940 and then again in 1944
>>
>>74343540
>and then again in 1944
My Granddad might have tried to kill your Granddad.
>>
>>74343602
I am very glad both missed their targets.
>>
>>74338921
Feels standard. Strikes and self-destruction are in our DNA.
>>
>>74343540
You're welcome, my grandpa was born on 10 may 1920 and he was having his 20year birthday as Guderian's panzers strolled through the Ardennes.
He doesn't like to speak about that period, I don't know what he did specifically before the Liberation, but I understood he was somehow implied in minor stuff. Never heard him hold a grudge about Germans or Italians, though.

He's still alive and very scared about the future of Europe and always tells about how he doesn't want our generation to experience it anymore.

As for your grandpa, he can consider to be lucky if he only fought in France and not in Russia where the conditions were terrible.
>>
>>74338921
In fact we merely think about it daily, only when in shopping malls or when the place is crowded.
The first thing I personnally do when I come in a place is search for a backdoor to escape if it was needed.

If they wanted us to be fucked they would snipe Marine le Pen, it would be a fucking bloodbath in the political scene.
>>
>>74343054
This.
>>
How long does it take the learn French? I've tried to learn German a few times but I get too frustrated having to remember der/die/das/er/sie/es and all the suffixes it requires
>>
File: australian shitposter.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
australian shitposter.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>74343757
Agree.
>>
>>74343988
French vocabulary has a lot of overlap with English so that is probably the best advantage. French is still a language with genders though so I don't think this will change much.
>>
>>74343848
He fought in Russia, lost two toes due to frost bite and was heavily wounded in 1943 but he survived. He was hospitalized in Germany and when he was ready-enough for the Eastern Front he was first sent to France for a two month long military exercise. That was in June 1944 - in the greater Normandy. But in the end he survived the war, maybe it was the landing in the Normandy that saved his life because he hadn't had to return to the Eastern Front.

He is dead now, but you can be very lucky to still have yours and I hope you still can learn from him. Ask him your questions, because everyone's time is unlasting. Hopefully you'll have some more years together.
And I am too very concerned about the future of Europe. Many things are changing these days- ant not for the better.
>>
File: Pyrénées-Orientales paysage.jpg (597KB, 1920x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrénées-Orientales paysage.jpg
597KB, 1920x1210px
Stop whatever you are doing and drop a picture of somewhere beautiful in your country
>>
>>74344511
>>
Brits, do you actually know that the Bretagne (/Brittany) is also called Klein Britannien (Little Britain) in Germany?
>>
>>74344511
>>
>>74344623
No.
>>
File: DEUS VULT INTENSIFIES..gif (688KB, 664x714px) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT INTENSIFIES..gif
688KB, 664x714px
>>74344623
>Brittany

KILL
I
L
L
>>
>>74344623
Most germans don't even know that, its a pretty dated term.
>>
File: Mont Aiguille 2.jpg (610KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mont Aiguille 2.jpg
610KB, 1280x960px
>>74344573
>>74344749

Thanks anon

>>74345151
Britain's turn now
>>
File: 1474813233195.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1474813233195.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
Love u guys
>>
>>74345895
Thanks I love myself too
>>
File: Snowdonia.jpg (978KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Snowdonia.jpg
978KB, 1200x800px
>>74345748
>>
File: 1243124114.jpg (948KB, 1400x812px) Image search: [Google]
1243124114.jpg
948KB, 1400x812px
>>74345944
>>
File: Fenouillèdes paysage1.jpg (865KB, 1600x886px) Image search: [Google]
Fenouillèdes paysage1.jpg
865KB, 1600x886px
>>74345944
Classic but doesn't get old
I'd visit Scotland first but Wales looks good too
i've already been to Britain but didn't see much beside London
>>
File: smm.jpg (299KB, 1247x832px) Image search: [Google]
smm.jpg
299KB, 1247x832px
>>74346104

Most people who are born in London never leave the city unless they are going to another country
>>
File: 1871.jpg (159KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
1871.jpg
159KB, 1000x650px
>>74344511
>>
>>74346344
That's your own Mont Saint Michel I believe, it reminds me the French guy in the ISS took a picture of the French one from space with the shadow of the abbey it's pretty cool
>>
File: Britanny meme map.png (701KB, 2860x2072px) Image search: [Google]
Britanny meme map.png
701KB, 2860x2072px
>>74344623
Shit map
>>
>>74347535
are bretons different from the french in noticeable ways? like physically or culturally?
>>
>>74347844
Bretons are cucks and darkies, and they're women are coalburners as well

I don't see any qualities to them aside theystill A BIT tribalistic
>>
>>74348048
:^((( my family comes from there and im like olive skinned and shit. I look like a jew almost. but I've heard that brittany is really cool and there's a lot of cool historic stuff you can go see there and what not. plus the invented crepes? not bad 2bh not bad.
>>
File: 9875643529.webm (476KB, 954x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9875643529.webm
476KB, 954x1080px
*Mysteriously walks towards you*
>>
>>74347844
>physically

I don't think so, French people are already very diverse as far as looks go

>>74347844
>culturally
Yeah they are pretty anal about muh unique celtic culture but then again every French region has its own identity

>>74348205
>>74348205
>but I've heard that brittany is really cool and there's a lot of cool historic stuff you can go see there and what not

Same, can be said for every place here. There are excellent castles, old towns and other landmarks in Brittany as well as beautiful landscapes at the Atlantic coast but no more than other regions desu
/fr/ dislike them because it's a very leftist region
>>
>>74348286
*opens third eye*
>>
>>74348454
why do the french pronounce sphinx as sphonx?
>>
>>74348535
They don't
Well that was easy
>>
>>74348660
ok
well why is it pronounced that way in that song by La Femme ?
>>
>>74348746
Hold on I'll listen to it in a minute
>>
>>74348746
god I love that fucking band... seriously I haven't heard catchier songs in my life.
>>
>>74348746
>>74348825

Alright I just did and she doesn't pronounce it like "sphonx" at all tbf, she does it like a normal French person that is "sphynx"
Maybe you think "sphynx" is pronounced differently and it sound a bit like "sphonx" but it's the proper way
>>
>>74349023
>>74349162
That Sphynx is a brilliant piece of music tho
>>
>>74348746
>>74348825
>>74349023
excellent taste, anons
>>
>>74349250
Can't deny it I just discovered the band it's pretty good
>>
>>74349264
Cheers, Hans.
>>
File: La fam.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
La fam.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>74348746
>la senpai
>>
File: 96758659768.gif (2MB, 290x230px) Image search: [Google]
96758659768.gif
2MB, 290x230px
>>74349854
>>
File: Split france.png (2MB, 1599x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Split france.png
2MB, 1599x1131px
>this isnt current europe
why live
>>
>>74352072
Be careful with that map
It might lead to some controversy
>>
File: really smol fug.png (500B, 9x12px) Image search: [Google]
really smol fug.png
500B, 9x12px
i love fug
>>
>>74348205
>but I've heard that brittany is really cool

It was mostly a non-direct way to say that there is almost no non-whites there, Britanny is 95% white btw

>and there's a lot of cool historic stuff you can go see there and what not.

Same goes for all the places in France

>plus the invented crepes?
They invented the "crêpe bretonne/krampouezh " not all the crêpes
>>
>>74335198
lol paki
>>
>>74346344
i wish we still had feudal skirmishes, then we would get more castles built
>>
File: 1493759456696.jpg (88KB, 587x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493759456696.jpg
88KB, 587x800px
>This isn't the most common way of conveying Europeans anymore

What went wrong?
>>
>>74352506
Anglo-Saxon Britain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> post-1066 Britain
>>
>>74347387
beautiful
>>
File: Britainss.jpg (47KB, 358x450px) Image search: [Google]
Britainss.jpg
47KB, 358x450px
Discaimer: dont show this to salty irish
>>
>>74335198
bump because this is the best /fug/ thread in the catalogue
>>
>>74352598
having Thegns and longhouses and stuff is pretty comfy, sort of what you think about when you think of ancient times

But castles , heraldry and the chancellery are nice to have
>>
>>74353089
why did someone create a new one
>>
hey guys im doing a project for school and need to ask 10 people living outside of the united states two questions.
1) “What do you think is the most difficult challenge for U.S. businesses that want to do business in your country?” 2) “What advice or suggestions do you have for American companies that want to do business in your country?
thanks!
>>
>>74352917
Or Royalists, Cromwell was a traitor, the Irish were loyal to the king
>>
>>74353224

What business? Running one here or selling things to here?

I may be speaking for myself but american work expectations piss people off (always want you to answer email when not at work, do this extra thing, cant leave before such and such a time)- just a culture of stress.

Also americans themselves annoy people, especially the happy-go-lucky yuppie ones
>>
>>74343418
Clearly he never ran into a machine gun post.
>>
>>74353224
>1. There are already a fuck ton of businesses and businessmen here already
>2. Advice? Kill off English businesses or don't come here because it's shit
>>
>>74343097
Blyat thats beautiful
>>
>>74353201
No idea, sometimes there's four or five at the same time
An idea this good is too hard to resist
>>
>>74343602
What a retarded thing to say. Doing Britain proud, son.
>>
>>74343965
That terrible
>>
>>74344040
How hard can it be to remember that a chair is a girl, mate, cmon.
>>
Down by the Sally Gardens my love and I did meet.
She passed the Sally Gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid my take love easy,
As the leaves grow on the tree.
But I being young and foolish,
With her did not agree.

In a field by the river my love and I did stand.
And on my leaning shoulder she placed her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy,
As the grass grows on the weirs.
But I was young and foolish,
And now am full of tears.
>>
>>74347844
>>74348396
French definately have a unique aesthetic to them. I could say there's 3 types of french 'look' and one of them is super cute with almond eyes. Kawaii
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8p0BxMykqg
cartoon girl is cute
>>
>>74353224
1) Trading tariffs
2) Be genuine in your marketing.
>>
File: 1937552163.jpg (5KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1937552163.jpg
5KB, 320x180px
>>74353765
It’s a long way to Tipperary,
It’s a long way to go.
It’s a long way to Tipperary
To the sweetest girl I know!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pddW-HeHAwo
>>
File: npbefs.jpg (32KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
npbefs.jpg
32KB, 250x300px
Please tell me Britain is just like the music tells me it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sC4xbyT5c
>>
>>74354106
It is in t'country
>>
File: Skye.jpg (79KB, 1240x550px) Image search: [Google]
Skye.jpg
79KB, 1240x550px
>>74345748
>>
why is there no french on fug
>>
>>74353819
desu sometimes youll see a face and you'll be like wow that motherfucker is french. this goes double time for people from england though. I swear you guys look so different than the anglos in america.
>>
>>74354754
*distant echoes of "IIIIRRRNNNN BRRUUUUU"*
>>
yes this thread is back why do they all ways die
>>
>>74355253
You're a lot rarer on /int/ than brits or germans
>>
File: whatdidhemeanbythis.gif (760KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidhemeanbythis.gif
760KB, 250x251px
>>74355267
>>
File: 1485096410356.jpg (283KB, 760x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485096410356.jpg
283KB, 760x900px
>>74355588
>>
>>74355325
Shut up you autist.

>this conversation is shit
And then you wonder why the conversation dies.

You mogoloid. If anything is dead its your mum.
>>
File: 1474665471846.png (21KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474665471846.png
21KB, 473x500px
>>74355700
>>
>>74355700
Nothing wrong with tea cakes (Teegebäck) tho
>>74355971
Are Scots famous for drinking soda?
>>
>>74356054
They like their IRN BRU and fast food while vegetating during drug binges in their terraced housing, its a culture that has sort of sprung up
>>
>>74355882
she actually so yeah get rekt paki
>>
>>74356116
I once saw a documentary on TV about Scotland and they showed a shop where you can buy fried Mars bars or fried pizza or you can take your food to the shop so they can fry it for you. Disgusting, but I'd love to paste a fried Mars bar 2bvh
Irn Bru looks like a labeled piss bottle
>>
File: CsVUIWSWYAAuvb0.jpg (164KB, 1200x439px) Image search: [Google]
CsVUIWSWYAAuvb0.jpg
164KB, 1200x439px
>>74356054
Nah, just Irn Bru
>>
File: Echtes Ostdeutschland.png (133KB, 640x868px) Image search: [Google]
Echtes Ostdeutschland.png
133KB, 640x868px
Todays thread was a good thread
>>
>>74356302
Deep fried mars bars are delicious but they're just for tourists desu, no one else eats them

>labeled piss bottle
You need to hydrate yourself if your piss is that colour m8
>>
Good luck tomorrow France!
>>
>>74352072

We can cut Germany so much more
>>
>>74357477
Yes please. Free us from the eternal swabian and the bavarians.
>>
>Italy and France know us better than we know ourselves
Really makes you think.
>>
>>74357477
this >>74358268 please
>>
>>74347225
Looks comfy
>>
File: 1401721617527.jpg (179KB, 793x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1401721617527.jpg
179KB, 793x1255px
>>74358268
>>74358592
>mfw schwabe
>>
>>74358355
We know you too well.
>>
File: Philipp_Foltz_Krönungsszene.jpg (254KB, 1182x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Philipp_Foltz_Krönungsszene.jpg
254KB, 1182x1535px
>>74354032
Es ſtand in alten Zeiten ein Schloß, ſo hoch und hehr,
Weit glänzt’ es über die Lande bis an das blaue Meer,
Und rings von duft’gen Gärten ein blüthenreicher Kranz,
Drin ſprangen friſche Brunnen in Regenbogenglanz.
Dort ſaß ein ſtolzer König, an Land und Siegen reich,
Er ſaß auf ſeinem Throne ſo finſter und ſo bleich;
Denn was er ſinnt, iſt Schrecken, und was er blickt, iſt Wuth,
Und was er ſpricht, iſt Geißel, und was er ſchreibt, iſt Blut.
Einſt zog nach dieſem Schloſſe ein edles Sängerpaar,
Der Ein’ in goldnen Locken, der Andre grau von Haar;
Der Alte mit der Harfe, der ſaß auf ſchmuckem Roß,
Es ſchritt ihm friſch zur Seite der blühende Genoß.
Der Alte ſprach zum Jungen: „nun ſey bereit, mein Sohn!
Denk unſrer tiefſten Lieder, ſtimm an den vollſten Ton,
Nimm alle Kraft zuſammen, die Luſt und auch den Schmerz!
Es gilt uns heut, zu rühren des Königs ſteinern Herz.“
Schon ſtehn die beiden Sänger im hohen Säulenſaal
Und auf dem Throne ſitzen der König und ſein Gemahl;
Der König, furchtbar prächtig, wie blut’ger Nordlichtſchein,
Die Königin, ſüß und milde, als blickte Vollmond drein.
>>
>>74340191
>>74340660
I disagree with this, child credits are more of a boon to the workshy than lower taxes. You need an income to tax in the first place, after all.
>>
good morning all
should I go for a morning walk to the bakery or not ?
>>
File: 1493653329451.png (872KB, 850x753px) Image search: [Google]
1493653329451.png
872KB, 850x753px
GOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOO
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.