[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Spain get more famous than Portugal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: port.png (537KB, 937x1125px) Image search: [Google]
port.png
537KB, 937x1125px
Doesn't Portugal have more impressive accomplishments?
>>
What is Thailand's accomplishment btw
>>
wtf I love Portugal now
>>
Easier to pronounce.
>>
>>74330945
nós eramos reis e o caralho
>>
I'm Spanish and I don't know shit about Portugal, I don't know if it's the same in other countries.
>>
WE
>>
>>74330945
Portugal is smaller and its government made more bad decisions.
>>
What accomplishments? They were explorers and shiet for a time and then they disappeared from the international scene.
>>
>>74330945
No, we get cucked latter and expand more our culture and religion, they were the first wich is cool I think
>>
>>74332470
Kinda this, not about size but still correct

>>74331252
>>74334134
Butthurt castillians
>>
>>74330945
Portugal is the Soviet Union and we are the USA of the explorers era. Yep they started earlier, and yep they did arguably more things but we put the first man in the mo- I mean America, did the first travel around the world, and named the biggest ocean in the world.
>>
Nós
>>
>>74336384
>we are the USA of the explorers era
No, you are a different kind of USSR.
England is the USA of colonization era.
>>
>>74330945

Idk but I saw a TV show last day about Lisbon, and the whole city looks pretty shitty 2bh...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lUmDpTRnzDE
>>
Hmm this doesn't look right
>>
>>74336771
every city looks like shit in 480p, but Lisbon is far from being a popular tourist spot in fall or winter anyways
>>
>>74336711
Explorers era, not colonization bro.
>>
File: 134231534534.jpg (162KB, 994x1334px) Image search: [Google]
134231534534.jpg
162KB, 994x1334px
>>
poortugal is only known for
>bacalao
>wine
>lute
>>
File: Alberthoven.jpg (2MB, 1200x1443px) Image search: [Google]
Alberthoven.jpg
2MB, 1200x1443px
>>74337112
Don't forget their great contributions to music
>>
>>74337022
Even for exploration, it's hard to tell which country actually "discovered" murica, since both sides were secretive about their explorations.

Also, the captain of the first world circumnavigation campaign was portuguese, despite being at the service of the c*stilian crown. What a traitor.
>>
>>74330945

Portugal always failed when trying to invade Spain or Castile or whatever.
>>
>>74337268
actually spain failed to invade portugal
>>
File: mapa-magallanes-elcano.jpg (438KB, 1486x543px) Image search: [Google]
mapa-magallanes-elcano.jpg
438KB, 1486x543px
>>74337249

Guetaria is not in Portugal, Magellan died around the Philippines, it was Elcano (less than twenty survivors) the one(s) who sailed around the world for the first time.
>>
>>74337339

Not always.
>>
>>74337268
Spain is a social construct. There's only C*stilla and her neighbouring vassal states.

>>74337375
Even if Magalhães managed to survive the trip, it would be your accomplishment. After all, it was financed by the castillian crown and used mostly castilian sailors.
>>
>>74337450

>BREAKING NEWS
>COUNTRIES MAY NOT HAVE BEEN AN AETERNAL REALLITY
>"I FELT AMAZED WHEN I REALIZED"
>SOME DUDE ON INTERNET SAYS
>>
Portugal is like a smaller and poorer version of Spain.
>>
>>74336771
>Idk but I saw a TV show last day about Lisbon
it is a spanish TV show?
>>
>>74337595
That post offended my feelings. Pls delet it.
>>
>>74337734
Kinda like your cunt is the product of spanish rape babies, right?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.