[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jews of /int/, please come in this thread and allow to ask you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1474059766121.jpg (44KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1474059766121.jpg
44KB, 618x618px
Jews of /int/, please come in this thread and allow to ask you a couple questions.
Diaspoora and atheist Jews need not apply, I need some serious opinions here.
>>
>>74316404
Why would you want answers from (((Jews)))? Everyone knows that Jews are controlled by (((them))).
>>
>>74316480
I said diaspoora not welcome, go away.
>>
>>74316509
Your more likely to find diaspora then Israelis
>>
>>74316404
There are no jews on 4chan
>>
>>74316605
Ok so, what are Jews stance on both Paradise and Hell matter? Do they believe in it, do they think that regular people (read non Jews and Jews both alike) based on their view of God will send them to either places?
>>
>>74316727
I don't this stuff :/
try /isr/ I guess
I excepted different questions
>>
>>74317251
Great job fàm..
>>
>>74316727
>Ok so, what are Jews stance on both Paradise and Hell matter?
Vague and kind of open to interpretation. But there's this general understanding of Olam Haba (heaven) and a lesser but prevalent belief in Gehenna (hell). Generally, if you're a good goy or a good Jew, you get to go to Olam Haba. But that's it, nothing really concrete in terms of universal belief. Just an idea of there's a place you go.

Unlike Christianity, Judaism focuses on laws and actions. Our religion isn't made up of creeds and belief in hundreds of saints. It's just be good for its own sake. Judaism isn't a metaphysics based religion.
>>
>>74317328
I though the main belief was that heaven was seen as the garden of Eden, a real location on earth, and that therefore earth itself was seen as the paradise, but on the other hand hell (aka gehenna) (which is also an actual location on earth) was more of a metaphorical place which was not canon in Judaist folklore?
>>
>>74317328
>belief in hundreds of saints
that's only the catholic church
>It's just be good for its own sake.
this is the basis for christianity
>>
>>74317280
Pardon
>>
>>74317508
>I though the main belief was that heaven was seen as the garden of Eden,
That's a very classic interpretation of Olam Haba, like a new Garden of Eden. That isn't necessarily a universal belief. It's not universal cannon.

>but on the other hand hell (aka gehenna) (which is also an actual location on earth) was more of a metaphorical place which was not canon in Judaist folklore?
It's all based on folklore. More specifically, it's all midrash (commentary and additional narrative). The bible doesn't really talk about Olam Haba or Gehenna very much. It's a vague concept that's just kind of presumed people believe. That's why it's not universal. Jewish literature and rulings are all based on law. What's acceptable to eat? What's okay to wear? How do you go about business? If someone wrongs you, how do they repay you? What is the form of prayer? These are all action-based questions. Not really questions on belief. Everything else is just kind of commentary that is often taken with a grain of salt.

>>74317800
>this is the basis for christianity
Belief in the trinity, belief in heaven and hell, belief in the origin of sin, et cetera. Christianity started out as a "Dude, just be good. God doesn't care about all these nitpicky rules" but it quickly devolves into a system of metaphysical statements.
>>
>>74318066
But the Bible extensively talk about both heaven and hell, the reasons for which you will go to either, and the picture perfect decription of it..?
Anyway
It's getting very late here I'm heading to bed and will check on this thread to see if it's still alive tomorrow, I've got more questions to ask
Good night.
>>
>>74317328
What about Sheol?
>>
>>74318312
Bible as in Five Books of Moses, not the entire Canon. Most of the big statements and explanations come from the Writings sections of the tanakh like Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, a good bit also from the prophets but it's all vague and usually within a context of narrative or topic.

There isn't a core structure of interpretation and rarely is anything supposed to be taken literally.
>>
>>74318336
Not universally understood or unified in interpretation. Isaiah might say it's made of brim some but Isaiah says a lot of things, most not taken literally. It's the case of mythical illustration that we only really can extrapolate in a reasonable way as allegory.
>>
>>74316404
>>>/his/
>>
I'm a yid
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.