[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fug- ruins edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: galleryybyland03.jpg (55KB, 759x600px) Image search: [Google]
galleryybyland03.jpg
55KB, 759x600px
Welcome/Wilkommen//Bienvenue

Britain/Deustchland/France

Not welcome:
Wogs
>>
File: tumblr_nc9kh6PRMd1scncwdo1_500.gif (90KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc9kh6PRMd1scncwdo1_500.gif
90KB, 500x601px
>>74298675

Some comfy .gifs to get things going
>>
>>
File: 1477504523977.jpg (369KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477504523977.jpg
369KB, 1280x960px
So, post nice/comfy places from your country
>>
>>74298675
I couldn't post on /int/ the last week, so please tell me if /fug/ is ded.

I hope not.
>>
>>74302020
idk, it may have migrated to discord, there was a thread as usual yesterday
>>
Bored as fuck lads

captcha: beach fagot
>>
>>74305510
gens a bit dead, probably because its all normies out on the bank holiday weekend
>>
>>74298675
why are these threads so dead now
>>
>>74307114
idk
>>
>>74307868
it makes me sad
>>
So Brits are the eternal anglo (or perfide albion for us)
who are the germans and the french then
>>
>>74308018
Germans are the villainous Hun
french are feckless
>>
>>74308018
All are seen the same
>>
Red wine and music is so comfy
>>
The UK. Quite chivalrous when someone falls over, but doors aren't held open by most people for women or man, though it does happen on the rare occasion.

This is how strangers treat each other, for friends its different and mixed. The majority wont do this but there are a few that would stick with you no matter what. It's rare.

People wont act to uphold their customs when challenged. There is no underlying level of loyalty or understanding. I blame the fact that people stopped attending church, as if defying religion is some act of empowerment. Yeah right..The end result is you don't know who your community is. You've isolated yourself from society and therefore weakened it. You're weak. Alone.

I'm moving to Germany.

How is it in yours?
>>
>>74309124
where is this copypasta from?

>>74309040
Only with food and company
>>
>>74310019
Its not copypasta, it's my experiences of London and being British.
>>
>>74310598
It doesnt make much sense though
>>
>>74311474
What didn't you understand?
>>
>>74311654

Well, sort of all of it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbRl0f3FMI

pretty good tune
>>
File: 800px-Boxer2y.jpg (93KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Boxer2y.jpg
93KB, 800x557px
What is going on here?

A general for French, Brits AND Germans?

Hope this general is more like 1901 than 1914.
>>
File: Ze Germans To Ze Front.jpg (103KB, 805x469px) Image search: [Google]
Ze Germans To Ze Front.jpg
103KB, 805x469px
>>74312641

Let's go, /fug/
>>
>>74312641
It works well. Kinda quiet today but usually bustling. Come join the discord:

https://discord.gg/SpyxKUZ
>>
File: 744363_-_photo_1_1423657352_img.jpg (29KB, 438x422px) Image search: [Google]
744363_-_photo_1_1423657352_img.jpg
29KB, 438x422px
>>74312641
Was an aesthetic time, shame they had phased out gorgets and didnt have upper jack chains, wouldve added a more imposing/ knightly touch.

Brits did have chainmail epaulettes though, and effay helmets, then the prussians had their cool ones too
>>
File: French_Colonial_Forces.jpg (181KB, 1600x1147px) Image search: [Google]
French_Colonial_Forces.jpg
181KB, 1600x1147px
>>74312735
Thanks a lot m8, but not this time.

>>74312942
This container is beautifully crafted.
You are absolutely right. I especially am interested in the Entente's colonial battalions fighting in Europe. Some time ago I read the memoirs of an Indian soldier who was captured by the German Army and was interned in the mainland; very interesting to look through his eyes on this war and the Germans.
>pic related are French Zouaves in the First World War
>>
>>74313425
source on the Indian
>>
Since we had a few days ago a nice conversation on etiquette.
Our Minister for Interior has released his 10 points on Leitkultur(guiding culture, basically what immigrants are supposed to follow if they come to germany its been a word that comes up often since Merkel declared that Multiculturalism in germany had failed.)

I wonder what /fug/ thinks about them.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bmi.bund.de%2FSharedDocs%2FInterviews%2FDE%2F2017%2F05%2Fnamensartikel-bild.html
>>
>>74309124
>The UK. Quite chivalrous when someone falls over, but doors aren't held open by most people for women or man, though it does happen on the rare occasion.
Most people would ignore someone that falls over unless they know them or its a elderly person.
Holding doors open is considered a basic courtesy, both for women and general and if you open the door and someone goes out through it.

>>74309124
>People wont act to uphold their customs when challenged. There is no underlying level of loyalty or understanding. I blame the fact that people stopped attending church, as if defying religion is some act of empowerment. Yeah right..The end result is you don't know who your community is. You've isolated yourself from society and therefore weakened it. You're weak. Alone.
If you talk about religious customs it differs regionally. in some most aren't religious or believers at all, and in most religion is considered a private matter, its not something people are very vocal about because its not something that should "matter" to others.
>>
>>74314423
Right, but Church Sundays was what brought the community together. You don't have to be Christian to go to Church. I pop in sometimes, and its great. Filled with lovely people.

So if you don't meet at a Church, where do you meet people from your community?

There is nothing to replace it.
>>
>>74314923
>where do you meet people from your community?
In germany the traditional meeting place is the pub. Depends on regional culture. In some parts Frühschoppen (a gathering in the pub between breakfast and noon on weekend) is traditional.

While it itself isn't as common as it used to be, it strongly survives in the form of people (or men, mostly) gathering at fast-food stalls for the evening or on weekends.
>>
>>74313425
You the guy who was buying puttees?
>>
>>74315120
And what reason do they have to talk to each other?

In Britain people who go to pubs stick to their own groups.

How is it in Germany?
>>
>>74315239
>And what reason do they have to talk to each other?
What reason do they have to talk to eachother at church?
Often people just want to talk to their peers from the neighbourhood, so they can bitch about work and the family.

>>74315239
>In Britain people who go to pubs stick to their own groups.
>How is it in Germany?
Depends on the size of the pub. Mostly people that attend the same pub regularly become pretty much one group.
>>
>>74315309
>What reason do they have to talk to eachother at church?

The Church is more open to meeting strangers than the pub. It's incredibly social.

>Mostly people that attend the same pub regularly become pretty much one group.

Sounds like you need to reestablish the Church too.
>>
>>74315405
Most germans don't have a strong desire to socially engage strangers, so we're hardly missing it.
>>
>>74315473
Neither do the Brits.

Ah...We don't realise what a hindrance this is to our societies.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.