[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Difficulty of German

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: adolf-hitler-in-colour.jpg (141KB, 1150x647px) Image search: [Google]
adolf-hitler-in-colour.jpg
141KB, 1150x647px
I've decided I want to learn German, but i'm not completely sure if I'm gonna make it. To those who have managed to learn it, what was the most difficult part for you? Is German that much complicated in comparison to, say, French?
>>
Aryan brothers?
>>
It seems to me this board is being frequented by Jews.
>>
>>74283445
Germany is over lol. Learn Italian as me muh SPQR and shit.
>>
If you know English or French, then German isn't tough. Straight forward pronunciation and spelling, rather simple tenses and genders, and rules usually have few excpetions. Too bad if you learn high german its still practically a foreign language compared to say swiss german or even some dialects in Germany
>>
Stormfront needs to leave
>>
>>74283840
>Germany is over

It's funny to hear it from Ukrainian.
>>
>>74283960
Pidorashka pls.
>>
>>74283985
I think Pisodrashas are those who preach that Germany or France or EU as a whole is over, so... Think for yourself. Just for you to know Eastern Europe the one that is over and has no future.
>>
>>74283934
>genders, and rules usually have few excpetions.
No. The rest is correct though.
If OP is not sure if he can memorise and learn these things, then he should ask himself why he wants to master German in the first place. There are plenty of reasons.
>>
>>74284071
---->reddit
>>
>>74284109
To read Thomas Mann and others.
>>
>>74284126
-------> /pol/
>>
>>74284140
Very well, I am learning Russian because I want to read their great literature too and because I am kinda Russiaboo. But I have been trying to get a good grasp of it for quite some time now. Be aware, that you need to begin from the bottom and build it up. The end will be quite rewarding as our literature is indeed outstanding.
>>
The more advanced vocabulary in French is very similar to that of English (because English borrowed a lot from French) which makes French texts easier to understand the general meaning of. German largely uses many of their own words, even for more advanced subjects, which makes it more difficult to understand the meaning of articles in newspapers and posts on imageboards. That's probably the hardest part imo
>>
>>74283445
German is less complicated than French and indeed significantly less complicated than Ukie

t. tried German, Polish, and Hungarian and only succeeded with the former
>>
>>74284595
>German is less complicated than French
fuck off Kraut language is autistic as fuq
>>
File: 1493505790702.jpg (26KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
1493505790702.jpg
26KB, 960x539px
>>74283445
don't learn German. it's a fucking meme language. You'd be better of spending that time learning Spanish.
>>
The vocabulary is completely alien even to an English speaker. German exists in a bubble along with the other continental Germanic languages that not much Latin or Greek vocabulary ever penetrated.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.