[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex-Yu (Croatia)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Alizee 1.jpg (306KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Alizee 1.jpg
306KB, 2000x1328px
I wanna live in Croatia and make a good living what should I get into within skillsets i'm still young.
I can speak proficient English and conversational Croat/Slovene.
Help me lads.
>>
File: yeahhh.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
yeahhh.png
209KB, 510x346px
bumperino
>>
>>74229712

Alizee is Corsican tho.

>northern american addiction
>>
File: alizee 1.jpg (439KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
alizee 1.jpg
439KB, 1152x864px
>>74230004
She's a cutie and I need some eye-bait.
>>
>>74229712
How did you come to learn both Croat and Slovene? I can't even speak Croat myself outside of a few basic sentences.
>>
File: Kajkavian.png (406KB, 1024x925px) Image search: [Google]
Kajkavian.png
406KB, 1024x925px
>>74230055
I just know conversational Slovene because my father speaks the Kajkavian dialect.
I know more Croat than Slovene and the languages are mutually intelligible for the most part.
The fact you can't speak a decent amount of Croat is worrying and odd, most Croats I know can understand most Slovene just some words are different.
>>
File: MEĐIMURJE.jpg (75KB, 630x332px) Image search: [Google]
MEĐIMURJE.jpg
75KB, 630x332px
>>74230055
I want to learn Croatian first, because I am Croatian and I wanna live there I just don't know what job to get and such.
I think Slovenia has better job opportunities though i'm just assuming.
>>
>>74230176
There's a line between understanding and speaking (though I must say I need to resort to a dictionary when confronted with literary Serbocroatia). Maybe a large part of it is my aversion to Serbocroatian. Ever heard of the narcissism of small differences?

>>74230239
The Slovenian minimum wage is almost twice as high as Croatia, and the youth unemployment twice as low. But it still isn't an ideal place to work compared to next door (W. Europe).
>>
>>74230462
The thing is I don't wanna live in Western Europe, I wanna stay in Slavic lands, the farthest west I would go is Slovenia.
>>
>>74230176
>mutually intelligible
That's a very interesting take on it, most Croats and Slovenes don't understand each other. Bear in mind, Kajkavian is the least common dialect in use here, and if you learned from your father instead from a book it might be possible you speak
>>
>>74233917
>cont (I don't know how i managed to cut my message short)
* a dialect that most people won't understand because its too far from the standard one in use.
>>
Forget about both Slovenia and Croatia if you don't already have quite a bit of money saved up. You'll be earning 1000-1500 euros at best which is most likely a huge downgrade for you.

Stay away from large cities, especially Zagreb (unless you plan on living in the actual city, not the commie block shithole suburbs) and most other continental cities. Stick to the coastline because why the fuck would you come here to live in a commie block shithole.
People who come here are mostly retired brits, french, Italians etc. with some money saved up.

Slovenia is nice, they have slightly higher wages, but nothing beats our coastline if you have money.
>>
Taksista?
>>
>>74229712
Why the fuck would you do this?

t. another canadian croato-slovene
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.