[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find commie blocks interesting? I absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 0_89750_1a6efc44_XXL.jpg (311KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
0_89750_1a6efc44_XXL.jpg
311KB, 1024x683px
Does anyone else find commie blocks interesting? I absolutely despise modern cities. They're too big and make you feel small and insignificant and there's too much trash and a sense of being in a jungle or a "concrete jungle". Commie blocks allow us to have a large population without feeling overwhelmed and without sacrificing personal property, natural areas, etc. I think the human impact on the Earth is ugly and that we should stay in small colonies like this in the same way that ants do.
>>
>>74200255
I'm from China where there are lots of buildings like that, they're good for housing lots of people but create this very depressing atmosphere and some are very small inside. It's much nicer to have more interesting looking buildings despite your problems with them.
>>
>>74200255
I wouldn't mind living in one if you can assure me good ventilation, good amount of natural light, no noisy neighbors, working and safe elevators, no squatting slavs doing drugs in the vecinity and no graffity
>>
>>74200297

I'm not talking about the design. I wouldn't mind having them look more "modern" like the high rises of NYC. I just think they should be the dominant form of housing because when they're too crowded or shaped like giant boxes it makes a city feel way too big
>>
They remind me of the slots in circuit boards.
>>
>>74200255
the make everything you mentioned worse, leaf
>t. commieblock dweller
>>
>>74200377

I hate Argentinian architecture the most (or at least at the top of that list) because it tries to blend American and European styles and it's so ugly. At least in the downtown area of Buenos Aires.
>>
File: 53770f29357824.560554cd90317.jpg (2MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
53770f29357824.560554cd90317.jpg
2MB, 1920x1280px
I really hate them. In fact they are a crime against architecture. Any city that just replicates the same building or type of house over and over looks awful and china is bad about this. Shanghai for example look atrocious once you look at zoomed out pictures beyond pudong.
>>
File: jinan.png (3MB, 1692x710px) Image search: [Google]
jinan.png
3MB, 1692x710px
>>74200297
don't forget the 'towers in the park' philosophy in which you end up which hundreds of identical apartment blocks that still end up feeling disconnected because none of the buildings are adjacent to each other

pic related - the eastern end of my hometown
>>
>>74200577
Awful. Hopefully as china gets richer they will see this shit as only temporary and build more organic neighborhoods like what you find in Korea and Japan.
>>
>>74200573
It is Hong Kong to be honest and it is not for living people but for manufacturing. The density of Shanghai is much lower than Hong Kong. Shanghai doesn't need to have this kind of building.
>>
>>74200577
>don't forget the 'towers in the park' philosophy
>>/r/cityplanning/
"Towers in the park" is the only form of city planning where the public space remains public, and where access to greenery is secured for common people.

The people bashing it are mainly edgy neoliberals on reddit.
>>
Personally prefer commie blocks. Allows room for greenery. And even the designs are nicer than the glass covered buildings we see today. You can actually have color.
>>
File: Untitled.png (250KB, 922x870px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
250KB, 922x870px
>>74200255
>commie detected
captcha is for you
>>
>>74200255
Commieblocks are the result of rapid population growth and were never intended to be anything more than labor barracks. They're human storage and no amount of naive romanticisation will make them comparable to homes and neighborhoods designed for human needs.
>>
>>74202040
Rich special snowflake detected.

>were never intended to be anything more than labor barracks
This is also a blatant lie. Or rather, a personal opinion disguised as a fact.
>>
File: 1406879210270.jpg (84KB, 604x446px) Image search: [Google]
1406879210270.jpg
84KB, 604x446px
>>
Whoever designed the commiebloc needs to get burned alive.
>>
>>74202499
Literal science fiction utopia..
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.