[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toronto vs Kingston vs Montreal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Bezienswaardigheden-Quebec-City.png (637KB, 727x437px) Image search: [Google]
Bezienswaardigheden-Quebec-City.png
637KB, 727x437px
So im currently planning to study abroad for ~5 months in Canada. I can choose between uni's in Montreal, Toronto and Kingston. I mainly go for the experience, learning English and travelling. Thus the level of education isnt really a big point of consideration. Out of the three cities, which one is the most fun to live / best place to travel from / cheapest to live?
>>
File: 1459823839336.jpg (46KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1459823839336.jpg
46KB, 500x370px
>>74191477
They're full, stay out.
>>
>>74191760
> United States
No surprise here
>>
File: u78.jpg (291KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
u78.jpg
291KB, 620x349px
Travelling in Canada is really expensive, but I guess you have some money anyways because you are from Europe. Go to Toronto or Montreal if you want to party and stuff Toronto being the more expensive of the two. Toronto for travelling from but I've never lived in Montreal so can't speak to travelling from it. Kingston isn't really like the other two cities and is in an area of Ontario that is much more rural. But you have a Algonquin Park and other Parks like Bon Echo around. And you could go to Montreal from Kingston if you wanted or across to the States.
>>
>>74191869
Since buying a car etc isnt an option, what would be the most viable way to travel to places like New York? I noticed flying is (although not expensive) significanty more costly than in Europe. Is public transport (train/busses) viable at all?
>>
I'd recommend Montreal. Toronto is good, but way too expensive. You can also take a short trip to Ottawa or a slightly longer trip to Quebec City from Montreal. And if you want, you can still take a road trip or a bus/train down to Toronto. From what I've heard, Montreal has a much better nightlife than Toronto, too.

Kingston is cheap but farther away from any major cities.

All three have great universities with decent campus life.
>>
>>74192327
Not him, but you can find buses and trains that go to New York. Trains also tend to be fairly expensive.

But bus trips are fairly cheap. Megabus has some routes from Toronto to New York.

https://ca.megabus.com//default.aspx
>>
If you want straight English than toronto is obviously better but if you wanna experience the French/English hybrid that is canada Montreal is the obvious choice. Most people in Montreal speak english anyways. Kingston is close to quebec which is nice but travelling from europe to visit Kingston kind of seems like why bother. There's nothing wrong with Kingston, its just not worth traveling thousands of kilometers to see
>>
If you're talking about Queen's university in Kingston, go there. The campus life is WAY, WAY better than Montreal or Toronto.

With that said, Montreal and Toronto are way better cities. Kingston is pretty shit. But I think you will have the best time by FAR in Kingston.
>>
>>74193428
yeah, queens uni is an option. the reason i included kinston is because i heard some good stories about it from other exchange students. Apparently its pretty popular amongst international students. Whats so great about the campus life though?
>>
>>74193558

Queen's is full of white, basic hoes who are easy to fuck. The entire student "ghetto" is filled with parties everywhere. And there is a campus life. You will make a lot of friends and go to many house parties. Very PC tho, so kinda gay.

Toronto and Montreal are much, much nicer cities, but there is no campus life. But their downtowns are still super fun.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.