[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confusing Phenotype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: composite.png (138KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
composite.png
138KB, 300x400px
Here's something that has puzzled me for ages.
Pic related is a composite of four men from the same country.
Which country?
If you say Israel, your jewdar is skewed as fuck.
If you say they're dinarid, what if I told you they're dolichocephalic?
To me they are phenotypically Iranid.
So Iran, right? Afghanistan? Turkey maybe?

They're actually Scottish.
"Scottish", right? They're not actually European. Surely they have some Iranid blood in them.
I stretched my mind for this and decided it must have been the result of intermarriage between native Highland travelers, and Romani/Romanichal/Kale Gypsies who have spread throughout Europe over the last 500 years.
I honestly thought it was case closed, until I managed to genetically test one. I sat and waited for months, expecting to get some indication of this admixture, maybe 1/8th?

Got the results back. 100% European. More Euro than me with my residual mongoloid through my Russian heritage. And for the test skeptics who think the companies don't even test your genome and fake your results, you don't know what you're talking about. They definitely test as I've tested multiple family members and these sites have matched us. I downloaded our raw data and imported to gedmatch for independent third party admixture analysis, it's all consistent.
>>
What did you expect, they're Celts
>>
My current theory is that:
1) The myths of Scythian parentage of Celtic peoples - FĂ©nius Farsaid etc - must have some truth to them.
2) Iranid influence is responsible for Keltid deviation from other European (Nordid, Cro-Magnid) stock.
3) Keltid and Nordic-Iranid phenotypes sit in the middle of a continuum between Nordid and Iranid proper.
4) The population of Scotland for example, comprises of individuals who exist somewhere on this continuum, more often tending towards a median - eg Keltid - or other European phenotypes.
5) This uncommon yet noticeable group of phenotypically Iranid individuals sit at one end of the continuum, and result from the happenstance accumulation of genes resulting from ancient Iranid influence (indeed I have seen such people who look more Iranid than either of their parents).

More on the phenotype:
-leptoprosopic
-dolichocephalic
-high vaulted
-ruddy complexion
When it comes to pigmentation, hair and eye colour etc, I've mostly seen dark hair and blue eyes.
People who swear by the Scythian hypothesis swear they would be ginger. I've seen ginger ones, and ash blonde ones, when you're speaking about such a mixed peoples they're not going to look 100% like a throwback.
I just had difficulty finding appropriate photographs

See below for 2 examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcaLoqv2WE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYB0dzxHeuA
>>
>>74114900
Yeah, but why do Celts look like that, I guess is what I'm curious about.
And if it was from the Scythians it only makes me more interested to know exactly who they were and what they looked like.
>>
Scotland is where the Norse settled and raided your shitty inbred "country" from. Everything not horrible about your nation comes from there. They are the whitest, tallest, and bravest of all of you.
>>
>>74114851
funny, I see my friend's dad in that image and he's Jewish
>>
>>74115118
Mandy, calm your moobs. I'm Scottish and this thread wasn't intended to insult other Scots, I just found this interesting. What axe do you have to grind? Are you one of those Americans who struggles with having no history in your land and being culturally uprooted by your forbears, so you jump on any shit excuse to lash out at people?

>>74115128
Interesting. Do you know what country/ies of origin his forbears were from, or at least if he was Ashkenazi, Sephardi or Mizrahi?
>>
I like Scots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0
>>
File: uk.png (813KB, 935x424px) Image search: [Google]
uk.png
813KB, 935x424px
Let me tell you about your country.
>>
File: sweet-sixteen-2002-05-g.jpg (205KB, 1200x777px) Image search: [Google]
sweet-sixteen-2002-05-g.jpg
205KB, 1200x777px
>>74115503
Yeah but why are Celts so dark and Iranid?
Is it the Scythians?
I bet it was the Scythians.
Those cheeky bastards.
>>
File: image.png (778KB, 1600x1325px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
778KB, 1600x1325px
>>74115635
Scythians were described as having red hair too
>>
>>74115702
Yeah, but this is what confuses me. Even though I've seen red-heads like that, as with
>>74115503
I've seen these cranio-facial features more in people with black hair and overall more dark complexion.
Is that just because the dark complexion draws us more towards those features do you think?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.