[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF MEXICO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: radio.jpg_1493082730.jpg (97KB, 900x586px) Image search: [Google]
radio.jpg_1493082730.jpg
97KB, 900x586px
http://www1.nst.com.my/world/2017/04/233630/mexico-alert-after-nuclear-material-theft
>>
>>74045567

Fucking again? Last time they steal radioactive material from a truck that wasn't meant to contain radioactive particles. Usually they find it again.
>>
File: 1488514861527.png (130KB, 341x326px) Image search: [Google]
1488514861527.png
130KB, 341x326px
>>74045763
THIS HAS HAPPENED MORE THAN ONCE?
>>
clearly this is Dumbdulld Zlompf's fault
>>
>>74045794

yeah but it is just radioactive waste and it can't be used to develop nuclear weapons or anything, maybe to leave it near people you hate and hope they get cancer or something.
>>
>>74045763
can't your government just knock on the druglords' doors and ask them to help with the search in exchange for US visas
>>
>>74045567
I see no problem with this.
>>
>>74045848

Narcos don't steal that shit because they don't need it. I'm not taking your bait to start +100 posts discussing why my government and country men don't do things right.

So let's put it simple: we have been doing everything wrong or leaving stuff in the middle, and now we can't change it because is a cultural thing and half of the country would have to die in order to change it.
>>
>>74045794
7 actually.
>>
>>74045794
It's waste from medical equipment, I don't really know why they even want it
>>
>>74045567
Damn it, Mexico!
>>
>>74048481
They stole the medical equipment, if the morons who stole it open it, they might get cancer. They probably didn't even know it has Iridium-192. But whatever, fucking idiot thieves are a plague here.

Americans making it seem like they stole a nuclear weapon are fucking ridiculous, tho.
>>
>>74045794
Do you even know how many nukes your country has "lost"?
>>
>>74045839
well you can't develop a weapon from it ,but you can still weaponize it
>>
>>74048625
Not really

The half-life of iridium-192 is about 74 days. The acute form of radiation sickness would only occur if someone were to open up the equipment and hold the unshielded capsules in their hands for DAYS.

Longer-term damage (cancer) would occur only if the cells in the body absorbed the radioactive material but the body doesn't normally use iridium for biological processes, so such damage is less likely than with other radioactive substances.

tl;dr: It's pretty fucking useless as a weapon and the only ones who might get sick are the idiots who stole the equipment, and only IF they open the containers.
>>
The US and Russian governments have lost several nuclear warheads, including hidrogen bombs. I think that is more concerning
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.