[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>americans will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: yanks.jpg (589KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
yanks.jpg
589KB, 1200x800px
>americans will defend this
>>
I don't see the problem.
>>
I actually see the benefit in this. You can store two cups of beer while driving.
>>
gave me the shivers desu
>>
This actually looks nice. Gear sticks are kind of annoying. They take lots of space.
>>
Oh my god
Those cup holders are too small!
>>
i dont know how to drive automatic
>>
>>74030011
This is the future.
>>
>>74027894
>no gear stick
>AUTOMATIC
Jesus christ
>>
why do you fags hate technological advances so much?

>omg, you use a cell phone? lmao!!! i still use pigeon carriers, it's way better
>>
City traffic made me despise manual
>>
Wouldn't it make more sense to have the buttons around the steering wheel. It would free a lot of space in the middle, and lower the risk of the passenger or someone else touching the buttons.
>>
>>74027894
18 year old demented teen girls drive stick shift here while 50 year old americans can't drive it
>>
>>74030133
manual isn't that popular here in the US, so it has become a manly elitist bullshit that europeans spew to feel that their driving skills are better.

This looks pretty convenient and nice. I would definitely buy a car with this type of gear changes.
>>
>>74030257
>>74030358
case in point.
>>
File: 1369796427506.jpg (209KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1369796427506.jpg
209KB, 600x582px
>>74030358
it's boring, and also
>You've parked me in, can I use your car to run down to the shops?
>yeah go for it
comes back in 2 mins later
>can you move your car?
>>
I wish I had cup holders.
Driving with a drink in your hand is fucking agony.
>>
>>74030925
>it's boring
Then get a stick shift. But not every person wants to be involved when driving. it's just getting from place A to B. Some people just prefer listening to a podcast or music when driving, it doesn't have to be a whole exercise. Just push on the pedal, and move on.

">You've parked me in, can I use your car to run down to the shops?
>yeah go for it
>comes back in 2 mins later
>can you move your car?"
What?
>>
>>74029381
truly the best timeline
>>
>>74031293
>not everyone wants to be involved
Then you shouldnt be fucking driving. Pay attention you mong
>>
>>74029430
>jealous straya too poor to afford shit
>>
>>74030925
it is not boring, it is just too expensive for you guys
>>
>>74031402
I do pay attention.
But I want to only have to focus on the road and my hearing can focus on the music or podcast.

With a stick shift, you have to add to that the timing and changing of gears. It's not a big deal, but why make it more difficult than it has to?
>>
>>74027894
I would too if I only drove straight and had no real winter tbqh
>>
>>74031716
>what is muscle memory
Really it all depends what kinda roads and conditions you're driving on, for most part automatic is just fine and superior in especially long hauls or city traffic.
However, in especially Nordic countries with weather and in Norway/Sweden's condition, manual is superior, because automatic isn't there yet, but it's getting there.
>>
>>74031959
>in Norway/Sweden's condition
Meant to add in the mountainous/hill part on this sentence, ignore that.
>>
>>74031959
I can agree with this.
In hour long drives through interstates, and highways, I see no reason to drive a stick shift.
>>
>>74031716
>driving manual complicates things
t. never driven a manual
>>
>>74032112
I did give manual a try, and drove on my uncle's car a few times. But I didn't enjoy it, and just opted for an automatic.

I didn't find a single reason to buy a manual, apart from "MUH Manly man","muh stick", "muh plebs"
>>
File: Fat51.jpg (625KB, 1418x2394px) Image search: [Google]
Fat51.jpg
625KB, 1418x2394px
>>74027894
Hey come dont bully americans! Gear shifts are too painful for them to keep in their cars.
>>
>>74032225
I just enjoy it desu. I dont really care about muh handling and performance i just find automatics boring as fuck and like that manual gives me something to do
>>
File: chicago polar vortex.jpg (404KB, 960x612px) Image search: [Google]
chicago polar vortex.jpg
404KB, 960x612px
>>74031772
>>
>americans drive without any clutch
scary thought desu
>>
Automatic is superior
>>
File: 1451444853755.png (209KB, 3757x2411px) Image search: [Google]
1451444853755.png
209KB, 3757x2411px
Do modern European cars even come in manuals?
>>
>>74037663
Several car companies want to phase them out, thankfully
>>
cars are going driverless eventually so meh who gives a fuck
>>
How are you supposed to drive downhill in an automatic, especially with a heavy load? In manual I can just do it in second and use the engine breaking to slow me, but with an automatic it seems all I can do is ride the breaks all the way down.
>>
>>74030133
Shariabongs and yuros are all backwards thirdworlders
>>
>>74038496
I can put my automatic mazda in whatever gear I want. Selectable 1st and 2nd gears have also been pretty much universal on automatics for decades as well
>>
>>74030925
>>You've parked me in, can I use your car to run down to the shops?
>>yeah go for it
>comes back in 2 mins later
>>can you move your car?
elaborate
>>
Looks kind of uncomfortable. Its easier to move the stick back and forth than fumbling with buttons imo.
>>
>>74037663
yes, mainly for cars used by old people and the disabled
>>
>>74027894
AHAHAHAHAHA AMERICUNT CARS HAVE NO GARS BECAUSE THEYRE SO FAT SO ANYTHING BUT FIRST GEAR CAN GET THE CAR MOVING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>74031293
you've vastly overestimating how hard it is to drive a manual lmao
>>
File: 0041.png (1MB, 1050x903px) Image search: [Google]
0041.png
1MB, 1050x903px
>>74031293
>it doesn't have to be a whole exercise.
driving stick is considered an exercise en LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS DE AMERICA
>>
>>74038809
>more involved machines being produced for people with less ability to operate them
wat
>>
>>74038975
>>74039080
Americans drive stick too although it's uncommon. Everyone I knew who swore by it eventually gave it up because it's annoying in a city full of traffic.
>>
>>74039513
>it's annoying in a city full of traffic.
automatic is a necessary evil, it's just that I find people that openly admit that there's nothing wrong with driving stick just as abhorrent than people that openly admit they like eating at fast food chains.
>>
>>74030239
geniuse
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.