[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skin color

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Krishna had skin so dark it has a blueing hue.

Dark skin was considered auspicious in India back then.

Did it change because of Islamic dominance?

In East Asia White skin is considered beautiful.

I personally like Mexican color skin
>>
who actually cares about it irl. only hysterical losers care.

i only care when i play games like fighting games and make some shit in character-making.
>>
>>74014334
Im semi autistic so historical details matter alot to me.

Even the name Angkor wat triggers me.

The real historical name is Wat Bishnulok (Varaha Visnu loka)
>>
>>74013793
> Dark skin was considered auspicious in India back then.
Then why was Rādhā depicted with pale skin?
>>
>>74014638
>Then why was Rādhā depicted with pale skin?
Because Black men fucking White women is ingrained into our genes m8 :^)

All jokes aside. It's probably something similar to African-American beauty standards where the men can be dark as night and still considered attractive (Idris Elba) but women have to be light-skinned (Beyonce). Sexist and unfair yes but it's true.
>>
>>74014858
Idris Elba is British, not American.
>>
>>74014638
The name originates from the Sanskrit word Kṛṣṇa, which is primarily an adjective meaning "black", "dark" or "dark blue".[21] The waning moon is called Krishna Paksha, relating to the adjective meaning "darkening".[21] The name is also interpreted sometimes as "all attractive."[22]
>>
>>74014899
AfricanBritish-American then
>>
>>74014858
Also OP's point that Krishna had black skin is bullshit, the name is just the same as the Sanskrit word for "black".
>>
>>74013793
It's possible that Krishna was an actual person and the books described his physical appearance accurately
>>
>>74014905
The word "kṛṣṇa" can also mean "evil" in Sanskrit. Is Krishna evil now?
>>
>>74013793
>Did it change because of Islamic dominance?
No, it changed when Asia met white people.
Before it was just nobility status bullshit. Now it's all overhype because white people exist.
>>
>>74015085
>No, it changed when Asia met white people.
Dumb Swede. Fair skin was hyped in every society since time millennia since poor people worked outside.

Although how you define fair depends on your race.
>>
>>74015194
> Fair skin was hyped in every society since time millennia
Swedes worship dark skin though because having fair skin means you're a fucking white male (if you are born male).
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>74015079

Black/dark blue represented infinity which is why Vishnu is identified with that color.

It makes sense because how vast the ocean and space is
>>
>>74015353
So it has nothing to do with physical human skin color. Which makes sense because the Vedic gods aren't representing actual people.
>>
>>74013793
>In East Asia White skin is considered beautiful.
only if women have it in this way >>74015194 or in an ominous way like youkais at least in japan. and technically its only in a mythology. its not a value.

what a shitty poem that lacks a bunch of cultural backgrounds
>>
Oh no, the autistic german has returned to be as pedantic as possible again.

Almost makes me miss the average leaf poster.
>>
>>74013793
It changed because if the brits. They came and brought their yuropoor beauty standards with them.
>>
>>74015973
Do Pakis even have ethnic identity?

I'm curious how many % of Pakistan is are random Muslims who moved there and how many people are actual ethnic Punjabi, Balochi etc
>>
>>74015194
That only counts for women.
>>
>>74016051
1/3 pashtuns here. Iranians in balochistan. Afghans and their descendants is kpk. Hindkowans in north(abbottabad upwards). Kalash and chitralis also in the north. Turkics in karachi and Quetta. Punjabis here are north indian descendants.
>>
>>74016715
You speak like a burger
>>
>>74017435
Not talking about my ethnicity. Im full pashtun. Im talking about my cunts ethnicity
>>
>>74013793
maybe its reversed albino
>>
>>74014995
Krishna having dark skin is everywhere in our lore, and there's not a single statement stating the opposite.
Also Radha being fair skinned is only with respect to everyone else present at that time, she was not ghost tier pale skinned as white people.
Stop spouting bullshit.
>>
>>74013793
That skin tone is so beautiful.
>>
>>74014514
Hello autistic Japanese

Please provide me a picture of Japanese dogtags

Regards

Italian autistic that collects dogtags pictures

P.S. I can give you in trade dogtags from most of Europe
>>
>>74023891
That is burnt skin. You can find that type of skin a lot in africa and islands near equator where temperature rarely goes below 45 degrees.
>>
i read somewhere that some british guy said the indians would cover their babies in some sort of oil, i think it was sesame or something, so that they could have darker skin which was associated with goodness, while lightskin was associated with evil
>>
>>74015433
Krishna is supposed to be an avatar, and is depicted to have dark skin in every source he is present in.
Do you get your information from stormfront?
>>
File: paGRJEJxG_1200w_v1.jpg (71KB, 750x390px) Image search: [Google]
paGRJEJxG_1200w_v1.jpg
71KB, 750x390px
>>74013793
>I personally like Mexican color skin
?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.