[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw colonization hit us so hard we lost our native script.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: baybayin.jpg (659KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
baybayin.jpg
659KB, 800x600px
tfw colonization hit us so hard we lost our native script.

ᜈᜃᜃᜁᜌ
>>
And nothing of value was lost
>>
jskajs el chino sirs
>>
baybayin is not native it is a brahmin derivative
>>
>>73989703
DELET DIS
>>
>>73989750
DELET DIS ALSO
>>
it is an imported script to transcribe tagalog
and it is only 600 years or so, not old either
>>
>>73989868
DELET DELET DELET DELET REEEEEEE

but seriously, I really do wish we still used this. maybe some patriotic leader could implement it in our country once more.

a bit hard to read though due to a special rule.
>>
>>73989957
there is no good reason to
>>
File: sad pac.jpg (692KB, 3500x2334px)
sad pac.jpg
692KB, 3500x2334px
>>73990030
I know
>>
>>73989957
Never forget you are the result of Spanish colonisation. Introduce Spanish, ditch Englishx
>>
>>73990119
you can always develop a new one
>>
>>73990172
There would be no reason to do that. and if we do decide to have our own script why not just use baybayin?
>>
>>73990289
i suppose you can but you have to have enough people to use it for it to become a necessity
>>
Is there any intricacy of your language that is more accurately described in babayin instead roman/latin letters? Is there any practical reason to use it instead?
>>
>>73990780
No. it's actually a bitch to read in traditional Baybayin.

There's a rule that consonants shouldn't be beside each other and must be dropped .

for example: the Filipino word for mountain is bundok.

if you wanna write it in baybayin it has to spell out "Budo" or ᜊᜓᜇᜓ but you have to read it as bundok just by guessing the original words.

if you know baybayin from the start it's not actually too difficult

It sounds better when you read tagalog with some dropped consonants,though.
>>
>Named after another countries monarch and literally don't have a native name
>all have spanish names despite being brown asian people
>All pretend to be massive catholics
>write in latin script despite having a native script

can't think of anything more JUST
>>
>>73991127
Are there any dialects or accents in Tagalog that drop consonants like that?

Budo sounds more Chinese than bundok for sure. Is Tagalog influenced by Chinese at all?
>>
>>73991180
Stop it please.

>all have spanish names despite being brown asian people

yeah, I still wish more people named their kids with Native Filipino names. some can be quite badass.
>>
>>73990135
The country was only actively developed under US rule though. Under Spain, it was literally almost Africa-tier.
>>
>>73991249
1: Nope

2:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_loanwords_in_Tagalog#Chinese
>>
>>73991394
>The Filipino language incorporated Spanish loanwords as a result of 400 years of contact with the Spanish language. In their review of a Pilipino-English dictionary, Llamzon and Thorpe (1972) point out that 33% of word roots are of Spanish origin.[1] An example is the sentence below in which Spanish–derived words are in italics (original in parentheses):

Don't know why but I thought you had only been Spanish for like 200 years.
>>
>>73991788
>200
it was actually around 400.
>>
>>
>>73989703
Honestly, this.

The native script of the Celts on the British Isles was Ogham. It is literally just scratches on stone. I don't get why the rest of you mongrols try and act as if there's some great benefit to your equally hackneyed system, just because it's yours, rather than being grateful for the uplift.
>>
>>
this is a stele inscripted with the ancient Venetian alphabet.
oldest written testimony of the ethonym "Venetkens"
>>
>>73993189
VI century BC
>>
>>73989957
>Philippines
>patriotism

Filipino nationalism is the stupidest thing in the world. Like what do you dummies have to be proud about? Banana catsup?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.