[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythical Artifacts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_2042.jpg (158KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2042.jpg
158KB, 686x385px
Does your country/culture have any ancient
artifacts with cool legends or myths or folktales? Stuff like the Holy Grail.
>>
Sword of Kusanagi, Mirror of Yata, and Gem of Yasakani, which imperial ancestor was bestowed upon by the sun goddess Amaterasu when he left the heaven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Regalia_of_Japan
>>
>>73956706
Hmm, I think it might be concidered offensive to use the items in my story, but thank you for intoducing me to them. I enjoy learning about these kinds of things.
>>
lots of weapons like kris and spears are said to had mythical powers.
our war stories consist of battle mage stories instead of tactics and stuffs, its retarded
>>
>>73956878
Can you tell me a bit more about this?
>>73956706
What type of mythical powers where they said to have? In stories abd such.
>>
>>73956913
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris#Legends
>>
File: IMG_3393.jpg (1MB, 2627x1808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3393.jpg
1MB, 2627x1808px
Joyeuse, the Sword of Charlemagne. Used for all French coronations.
>>
File: IMG_3394.jpg (69KB, 660x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3394.jpg
69KB, 660x281px
The Crown of Thorns, brought back from the Holy Land by Saint Louis.
>>
>>73956994
Thanks
>>73957061
What makes it important ?
>>
One of them has to be the sword and helmet of Skanderbeg.
>>
>>73957151
Well, it was a way of tying the legitimacy of the kings of France to the legacy of Charlemagne, emperor of the Franks. As far as legends go, apparently it's pommel contains fragments from the Spear of Longinus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyeuse#
>>
yeah man lol i mean we was romans 'n shiet
>>
>>73957151
>What makes it important ?

It's the sword of charlemagne? I'd consider charlemagne's left ball an artifact if it'd exist.
>>
File: IMG_3395.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3395.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
Durendal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durendal#
>>
>>73957190
He's literally the only Albanian I know of.
One of the several based bad asses to go toe to toe with the Ottomans in their prime.
>>
>>73957190
albania needs another Skanderbeg to remove the roaches today
>>
Sampo and kantele of väinämöinen are probably the most well known ones due Kalevala.
>>
File: IMG_3396.jpg (57KB, 414x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3396.jpg
57KB, 414x498px
The Holy Ampoule, containing Holy Oil given by the God Himself to baptise the first King of France in French historiography, Clovis. Used in all coronations of French kings, a mashed during the Revolution, though most of it's content and parts of it were saved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Ampulla#
>>
File: Heilige_Lanze_f.jpg (59KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Heilige_Lanze_f.jpg
59KB, 577x1024px
The Holy Lance, which was allegedly used by a Roman soldier at the crucification of Jesus to pierce his side to check if he was dead. It was really made in the early middle ages though
>>
I was gonna post the ring of Jehanne d'Arc but it's probably fake so... ;_;
>>
File: Susanoo-no-mikoto.jpg (342KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Susanoo-no-mikoto.jpg
342KB, 700x350px
>>73956913
The sword is said to represent the emperor's military force, the mirror wisdom, and the gem mercy. A legend has it that the sword was found in the belly of a dragon-ish monster, Yamatano-orochi, which was killed by Amaterasu's brother god, Susanoh, in order to save a girl, Kushinada-hime, who was about to be sacrificed to appease it when he was traveling ancient Izumo region of Japan. After his return to the heaven, Susanoh gave it to Amaterasu, who gave it her grandson, Ninigi, who descended to Japan later, from whom the first emperor Jimmu descended.

The sword had been called Amanomurakumo, but after it saved prince Yamatotakeru's life when he was surrounded by fire set by enemies on a grassland by magically slashing burning grasses it came to be called Kusanagi, literally kusa(grass)nagi(slasher).

The monster is considered to represent rivers prone to flooding, which was the case especially in Izumo region back then. Ancient Izumo was also known for iron production and rivers often turned red that is associated with monster's blood due to iron oxide supplied from the soil. So, the story (an iron sword found in the bloody belly of a dragon (=river)) has a point to some extent.
>>
File: sindo.jpg (65KB, 485x380px) Image search: [Google]
sindo.jpg
65KB, 485x380px
>>73956091
Every city has one or more of these "ancient artifacts" with related myths etc.
>>
>>73956091
Real stuff in museums that we have legends about, or just magic items that exist in our legends?
>>
>>73959004
Both I would guess, as long as there is some interesting story behind the item.
>>
>>73956706
In which Lupin III episode does he steal these?
>>
The Gáe Bulg was metal as fuck. It was a spear made from the bone of a sea monster. When it stabbed someone 30 barbs would release and get stuck in their body, the only way to get them out was to cut them out.

The Lia Fáil (Stone of Destiny) is the stone we used for coronations. It was supposed to roar out when the rightful king of Ireland put his foot on it. It's still standing in a field in Tara.
>>
File: 1260517993.jpg (22KB, 486x737px) Image search: [Google]
1260517993.jpg
22KB, 486x737px
>>73956091

a non corrupt polititian, some people say it exists, I say it's bullshit.
>>
>>73957061
Gib back, Gaul
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.