[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to somehow force a country to adopt a culture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1488164450884.png (8KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1488164450884.png
8KB, 420x420px
Is it possible to somehow force a country to adopt a culture?
>>
No, you always end up with syncretism
>see: Latin America (including the US), Christmas, etc
>>
>>73897656
it's called assimilation
>>
No we tried to snuff out quebec but mostly failed
>>
>>73897656
Yes. All you have to do is go back to the classical antiquity.
>>
>>73899676
I was actually asking because I sort of wanted the opposite to happen. Quebec might be arrogant, but at least they have a culture.
>>
>>73900312
>live in quebec
>everyone assumes you're an arrogant dumb francophone
english is my first language and I hate it here
>>
Roman conquests of Hispania, Gaul and Dacia brought the Romance languages there (and Christianity via proxy). The Islamic conquests of the Levant, Mesopotamia and North Africa basically replaced the local cultures with the Arabian language, religion and customs.
>>
>>73900507
You should have learned french first. It's the least you could do when living in a french majority province.
>>
>>73900576
I didn't choose to be born in an english area. I hate quebec because it's made everyone assume that everyone here is retarded.
>>
Yes, e.g. Bobotanteism Tangalogism Peenoise Pridism.
>>
>>73897656
of course you can, Test Subject #1.
>>
>>73897656
only if you have enough bird points
>>
>>73897656
cultural adoption is always by choice
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.