[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the Indo-Greek and Greco-Bactrian kingdoms stayed Greek?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dKortcS.jpg (32KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
dKortcS.jpg
32KB, 500x600px
What if the Indo-Greek and Greco-Bactrian kingdoms stayed Greek?
>>
File: 162.jpg (421KB, 1920x1311px) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
421KB, 1920x1311px
>>
>>73883474
wow did the diadochi expand in india? I thought alexander stopped at the indus.
>>
>>73883965
Afterwards when Alexander's empire split up iirc. I feel really shitty that i have to explain Greece's history to a greek.
>>
>>73884065
That's what the Diadochi was
>>
>>73883965
>wow did the diadochi expand in india? I thought alexander stopped at the indus.
Alexander stopped. And then so did his main general. But then the empire that was governing India collapsed under it's own weight and the Greeks invaded again and they finally completed Alexander's legacy.

>>73884065
>implying normies know shit about history
It's autists like us that care.
>>
>>73883965
retard
>>
>>73884383
>Alexander stopped. And then so did his main general. But then the empire that was governing India collapsed under it's own weight and the Greeks invaded again and they finally completed Alexander's legacy.
inderdasting..
I thought the diadochi were largely inept and prone to infighting (interfighting?), but never really read about them, maybe because they looked so trivial next to what followed, maybe I'll check it out later

>>73884503
t. googled it just now
>>
>>73884531
>I thought the diadochi were largely inept and prone to infighting (interfighting?), but never really read about them, maybe because they looked so trivial next to what followed, maybe I'll check it out later

Well the thing is the successor states, especially Seleucid empire was NOT inept. They conquered far and wide in the east, but they had to give independence to many vassal states ie. Greco-bactria.
>>
>>73884531
Selecid Empire was pretty beastly man.
>>
>>73884531
They invented so much imperial iconography, including calling themselves living gods, monumental plastics (like the Halicarnassus mausoleum), and state propaganda (Antiochus I's depiciton of elephants on his staters following his defeat of the Celts).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.