[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German Language in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

How can we restore the German Language in America? I feel that my citizens need to better understand their inheritance, and German Americans make up the vast majority of the Populace. Apart from Spanish (which many Americans are still sh*t at), I feel we must be exposed to other languages too, and German is the second best language for science and literature. Any ideas?
>>
>>73820515
Der mann isst Schweine
>>
File: ALLYEARS_2.gif (153KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
ALLYEARS_2.gif
153KB, 450x410px
>>73820515
Like this. Getting Mennonites from Latin America (about 400 thousand) would be great too.
>>
File: IMG_0050.jpg (4MB, 7129x3833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
4MB, 7129x3833px
Why do people keep posting that outdated map?
>>
>>73820515
Nope most of these "germans" are actually just Americans. They probably have like a shit ton of English and Irish in them...so fuck germany really
>>
>>73820515
uhm excuse me sweetie but my ancestry is polish okay xx
>>
File: American.png (170KB, 2560x1346px) Image search: [Google]
American.png
170KB, 2560x1346px
>>73820584
Something like this perhaps?
>>
>>73820584
t. Pat O'Müller
>>
>>73822124
He's probably just Pat Miller now
>>
>vast majority
Bhaahahaha no. Look here's what would help: German-Americans and Germans need to stop doing stupid shit and starting wars every few years. It's hard to keep up the pretense of Nordic-Aryan prestige when they keep acting crazy and getting put in their place.

Everybody will be more interested in German-American culture and dialects and so on when we can look upon the German-Americans without suspicion and derision.
>>
No such thing as "the german language" for those old immigrants, m8

Most "german" non anglo colonists that went to america did it a long time ago, way before the german unification and a lot of them did it probably during the years of the HRE

German wasn't a standardized language by then and every region had its own dialect
It is likely that these old german migrants wouldn't even understand each other if you would put someone from bavaria near someone from schleswig, for instance

If anything if you would "revive" the languages they used to speak during the time they migrated to america you would actually balkanize the entire country

I mean no disrespect, but you should've done some research before making a thread like that
>>
>>73820515
Why would I learn German
When I can already speak English?
>>
>>73822802
We have our own native German, Pennsylvania Dutch.
>>
>>73823001
In your post you were talking about the german language as if the modern standardized german were a common bond among all old german migrants, I was just pointing out that it wasn't the case because germany wasn't a unified country with a standardized common dialect unlike england (london dialect) or spain (castilian dialect) at that time

Dialects are meant to create local identity at a regional level, if all american germans would learn that dialect you pointed out it would make no sense since not all german americans shared that dialect with their ancestors historically, just like they didn't share standard german among themselves
>>
>>73823234
Wasn't my post.
>>
>>73820515
In my province(Manitoba) German is one of the fastest growing languages. Many towns throughout the province speak mostly German, in addition to that the population of German speakers is still growing quite fast. About 5% of the province spoke German in 2000, now we're at about 7%.
>>
File: bed bird.gif (2MB, 345x263px) Image search: [Google]
bed bird.gif
2MB, 345x263px
>>73820515

The CIA should incite Muslims in Germany to burn the country down.

Then we accept 70 million German refugees.
>>
Yes just we we need is more Naziboos.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.