[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Indonesia the largest Muslim country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: vlag-garuda-indonesia.jpg (53KB, 952x642px) Image search: [Google]
vlag-garuda-indonesia.jpg
53KB, 952x642px
Can any Indonesian explain how their country became islamic? Was it because of the Moor's being Rich and all: having the populace believe that being Rich means being Muslim?

if that's the truth, that means all Muslims in Indonesia are gold diggers and truly don't care about their country.
>>
wow poland
new eagle?
looking good
>>
>>73748278
I think it's because of Muslim traders and merchants. It's unclear, really.
>>
>>73748353
this annoys me too. should change flag.
>>
Islam is the only truth
>>
>>73748437
thats what i meant with the Moor's muslim traders / merchants being rich. and Indonesians falling for this luxury and becoming muslim.
>>
>>73748278

I'm not really sure.

Mainland Southeast Asia had Malays too (Chams) and they also converted to Islam in masse.

I think two reasons:

1)Malay people were historically sea people like the Greeks and traded alot. Probably trade with Arabs and Mughals influenced them.

2) Hindu religion of ancient Malays were slightly different than India in how the idea of a supreme invisible god was an important concept. This probably made Abrahamic faiths appealing
>>
arab and indian traders.
also typical chink being chink, they bring islam to java so they can disrupt the already frail kingdoms and build their own.
>>
>>73748558
most of the chinks in indonesia aren't muslim, they are buddhist: true roots of Indonesia.
>>
>>73748537
But japan-kun alot of indonesians were also Buddhist, how can buddhists be infliuenced by a religion that praises one almighty god? since it goes against buddhist teachings to praise one being. Even buddha himself said that he does not wish to be praised as a god.
>>
>>73748488
Are you islamic?
Can you tell me why Islamic asians integrate and are alot more tolerable then their so called middle eastern muslim brothers?

I know i'm asking alot of questions. Sorry, i'm just curious.
>>
>>73748646
they are now, about 5-6 from 9 javanese islamic holy saints are chinks.
chinks also become kangz and sheitz by marrying rebellious noble daughters.
>>
>>73748887
but about*
they are gettin
>>
>>73748695

Netherland chan knows nothing about Buddhism (as practiced in Asia)

This is Brahma shrine in Bangkok. Brahma is a Hindu god and Thailand is 99% Buddhist.

Buddhism is so flexible and soft that most people don't live by it's principle.

Technically only real practicing Buddhist are monks who have renounced the world
>>
>>73748278
Islamic influences through trades and missionaries.
As for the reason of why we are mostly muslims, it's because your ancestors didn't go full Inquisition on us during the 350 years of colonization.
>>
>>73748278
because god wills it
>>
>>73749183
>Buddhism is so flexible and soft that most people don't live by it's principle.

It’s suprisingly similar to christinity, innit?
>>
>>73748278
Chinese and Malay Kingdoms, the Malacca sultanate spread Islam to the neighboring Islands after the Chinese influenced them. Then the pagans in the region, in order to have a sense of pride began converting because to be Muslim was to be Malay and to be Malay meant that you had a good future
>>
File: 1490885795407.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1490885795407.png
37KB, 658x662px
>>73748278
hello grandfather, long time no see, we miss u
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.