[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the west coast better than the east coast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: demo_usa.png (61KB, 960x593px) Image search: [Google]
demo_usa.png
61KB, 960x593px
Is the west coast better than the east coast?
>>
>>73734674
no
>>
>>73734674
to live yes
to visit no
>>
>>73734718
why the fuck would you say that?
>>
>>73734904
the east coast has more history, sites, and cities while the west coast has better food, scenery, weather, and is much more laid back.
>>
File: Ebin.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ebin.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
We can all agree flyover states are shit.
>>
>>73735006
Besides NYC, what makes the east coast less laid back?
>>
>>73735006
boston and nyc seem pretty hard to compete with, no? i can't imagine seattle, portland, SF and LA being that special. everything is extremely far apart on the west coast. portland maine to NYC has loads of shit in between. you can be anywhere within a few hours. you can't do anything like that on the west coast.
>>
>>73734674
>having the option to live in Mediterranean climate in affluent California
>choosing to freeze to death in backwater rural Conneticat (do you even spell it that way?) instead
>>
undeniably so, but I'd still rather live on the east coast than live in a fly*ver
>>
>>73735124
Connecticut isn't a rural backwater, it's essentially all suburbs. It's between NYC and Boston and the south is a practically a NYC suburb.

Vermont, ME, and NH fit the bill of "rural backwater" more, but they're nothing compared to Northern New York.
>>
>>73735050
it isn't just NYC. boston to washington is an immensely populated corridor filled with fast-paced, cut throat jobs, urban sprawl, and a ton of commuter traffic.

>>73735102
again, the east coast is an indisputably superior place to visit. nothing else in the country comes close.
>>
>>73734674
For what?

East coast is warm and has nice old cities, west coast is cold and has beautiful nature. East coast has a ton of niggers and anything south of Maine is a fucking swamp in the summer, west coast is much more inconvenient to access and anything south of Santa Cruz is full of Mexicans.
>>
>>73734674
east coast has the cost of the west coast with none of the benefits
>>
>>73734674
pacific northwest(oregon, washington, british columbia) > everything else
>>
>>73735124
>>having the option to live in Mediterranean climate in affluent California
Yeah; just you, your $5,000/month rental home and millions of blacks and Mexicans all around you.

>>choosing to freeze to death in backwater rural Conneticat (do you even spell it that way?) instead
Connecticut is just a giant a suburb of NYC and Boston.
>>
>>73735264
It's easily the comfiest area of America.
>tfw stuck in a midwest shithole
>>
East coast seems like a waste of time unless you go to school there. Some of the schools are 10/10, like MIT, harvard, columbia, boston university(?), but even then the west coast has all of the UC schools, UW, Stanford, Caltech...

it's a wash IMO. Wherever the best school you get into is located or the best job you get, go there. As long as it's not the south or most of the midwest, it probably has redeeming qualities.
>>
>>73734674
Of course
>>
>>73734674
3rd coast is best coast.
>>
>>73734674
yes
>>
Hating on the west coast is a meme. Most of the problems here are the same as those on the east coast.
>>
>>73735177
>>73735312
Okay, point taken. If I would ever go to the USA I would still do my best to live somewhere that has a nicer climate

>>73735503
do you mean the flooding coast or Alaska?
>>
>>73735503
That it is.
>>
>>73735264
>>73735435
Why is the region so liberal despite the population being more white than those in other areas? (Except Hongcouver)
>>
>>73735617
White liberals are a thing. They just happen to be a majority in some areas.
Pic is the vote from only white males
>>
I'm from the east but went to school in the west. I felt like most things were scheduled with the east in mind, and west coast was kind of awkward in that regard.

I remember when I first went out there, I asked someone
>What do you guys watch for your New Year television?
>We just watch the east coast broadcast 3 hours later
Really threw me for a loop. In the end I love the west coast for the food, the nature, and the fact that you can actually drive cars for fun. Hate most of the people though.
>>
>>73735617
Canadian and Commiefornian influence
>>
>>73735658
Is this from the last year's election?

>tfw the gommies are in the north
Oh wait, I've seen this somewhere too..

>>73735672
But most whites in Commeifornia are conservative
>>
>>73735713
>Is this from the last year's election?
Yes. Also California is more conservative that people think. Funny how it's the liberal boogyman state when there are other more liberal states. Probably because californian liberals are the most obnoxious.
>>
>>73735713
Alot of them aren't though. I'd also say it has to do with the nature of west coast city culture too.
>>
>>73735776
>Probably because californian liberals are the most obnoxious.
Funny we keep hearing that, but the only time Californian liberals ever come up here is when butthurt conservatives drag them into the conversation.
>>
>>73735776
>Funny how it's the liberal boogyman state when there are other more liberal states
It's because they have a habit of moving to other places and shitting them up. Nobody would give a shit about "California liberals" if they'd stay in fucking California instead of colonizing the rest of the western states.

t. Coloradan
>>
>>73734718
it is the opposite
>>
The west coast of Florida is superior to the east coast of Florida. The people who will enthusiastically deny this are those that live on the east coast doing damage control.
>>
it depends on other things

if you're involved with STEM, west coast sort of shits all over east coast other than boston, although even that is debatable. they just go to school there. they don't actually do anything in any industry other than i suppose healthcare apparently. I've never heard anything STEM related from NYC. the entire west coast is a STEM haven and there is shit related to it happening in every city the entire coast.
>>
>>73735102
imagine seattle like you would colorado in terms of nature
>>
File: 1478156900994.jpg (154KB, 945x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1478156900994.jpg
154KB, 945x1500px
>>73734674
>you will always live in a flyover state
>you will never go to any big city because the closest one is 150 miles away
>you will always be stuck living with inbred white trash.

why does living in the Midwest suck so hard?
>>
>>73738691
you get to have a comfy, large suburban home with access to all amneties at 20% the price of a big city
>>
File: California Easter.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
California Easter.png
12KB, 420x420px
West coast best coast. Name ONE flaw that isn't people.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.