[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do chinese people smoke so fucking much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: CH8_Top-10-consumers.jpg (107KB, 940x519px) Image search: [Google]
CH8_Top-10-consumers.jpg
107KB, 940x519px
Why do chinese people smoke so fucking much?
>>
The country with the most population has the most smokers
in other news, oceans have more fish than rivers
>>
>>73607376
explain india then
>>
>>73607376
that's not how statistic work, don't try to be a smart ass.

Collect data using statistical techniques like stratified random sampling.
Ensure that data is trustworthy.
Analyze data to make the meaning clear.
Draw conclusions from data.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WICH COUNTRY HAVE MORE PEOPLE
>>
>>73607460

Are you retarded? It's saying the largest number, not percentage of smokers.
>>
>>73607281
they have to live in china
>>
>>73607376
YOU NEED THIS

http://www.dummies.com/education/math/statistics/statistics-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/

thank me latter!
>>
>>73607478
are you? because it clearly seen, you are and idiot!
and need reading comprehension!
>>
>>73607497
The most important part of statistics in proper interpretation of the meaning. You have completely failed at this.

>>73607552
Oh, you're "trolling". Kill yourself.
>>
>>73607562
you didn't read shit,stop projecting yourself!
>>
>>73607478
see
>>73607430
>>
>>73607703

It's called a fucking outlier, I just did a quick search and apparently it used to be and still basically is considered a huge taboo for women to smoke in public, so there goes about 50% of their population's ability to smoke much. According to another quick search a pack of cigs cost about $2-$4 there due to taxes, no d etc. The average salary is around $50-$70, so poor people (most of the country) can't afford to smoke. Probably only around the upper 10-20% of incomes can afford to smoke, and if you figure about a 15-20% rate on smokers that's only about 27 million smokers in India.

Compare that to the USA where at 16% smoking rate for adults, 320m opens it up to 51 million.
>>
>>73607918

Oops, didn't account for the fact that not the entire population of the countries are adults but it should even out, just take 25% off the quick estimate. So around 20m in India and 38m in the USA.

Also just did a quick search and apparently it's like 36m for American smokers, so I was damn close.
>>
That statistic is misleading
China has so many people that even a basic smoking culture will result in the most cigarettes smoked
>>
>>73607281
I refuse to believe per person Indonesian smoke less.
Explain this graph now.
>>
>>73607918
>>73607986
there's literally only 2 countries that have populations of over 1 billiion. Can it really be called an outlier if it makes up 50% of the data?
>>
>>73607281
they are dumb.
>>
>>73607281
we exported tea to UK and get cigarettes in return
t-thanks mofos
>>
>>73608045

It is an outlier (as far as percentage of smokers) because of the reasons I listed above. In China cigarettes are much cheaper for example (.30c a box)
>>
File: 1484417594959.jpg (28KB, 720x575px) Image search: [Google]
1484417594959.jpg
28KB, 720x575px
>>73607281

They have 1.3 billion people, no smoking laws are rarely enforced and cigarettes are extremely inexpensive.
>>
>life sucks
>life sucks slightly less when smoking with the added benefit of dying faster

gee, I wonder why
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.