[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 questions- 1)Why does this shithole have so many languages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Languages_spoken_in_Italy.svg.png (65KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
Languages_spoken_in_Italy.svg.png
65KB, 300x375px
2 questions-

1)Why does this shithole have so many languages?
2) Does everyone in Italy still speak Italian, even if it's not the language they used most frequently? Kind of weird is the idea of an Italian who can't speak Italian.
>>
first for italy is shit and brown and should be renamed shitaly
>>
>>73599430
1. Europe is the least linguistic diverse area in the world, Italy is just a country with mid-diversity
2. They speak Italian, along with local dialect/language, but now most kids just speak standard Italian.
>>
>>73599491
El AMERINDIANO
>>
uhm it's called culture honey ;)
>>
>>73599576
generally the more of a shithole a place is the more languages it has. think of africa and how many languages they speak there. it pretty much proves what a shithole italy is
>>
>>73599430
We have been divided for a long time (also there's more languages spoken than showed on that map)

Everyone speaks italian, though elder and rural ones tend to prefer the dialect.

Fun fact: my older brother had learning issues cause he didn't speak italian until 1st grade
>>
>>73599912
your fact is not fun and you and your older brother should both kill yourselves
>>
>>73599430
You could make a similar map for england. Its just dialects with old words that arent used anymore and only old people even remember
>>
>>73599983
You are greek
>>
>>73600008
actually many of the languages are a lot different from one another from what i have seen
>>
It's just meme differences like their regional food

> In this village we eat a dish made from tomatoes and basil which we call rasgeueppi. In the next village, they eat a dish made from basil and tomatoes which they call stumpellini
>>
File: 1492208059557.gif (271KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492208059557.gif
271KB, 200x200px
>>73600274
>brit baffled by the idea of food diversity
>>
>>73600008
Eh not really, friulano, ladino and sardo are proper languages. The other dialects are hardly intellegible to one another sometimes
>>
>>73599912
That's really interesting, what language did he speak before hand? Do people still tend to use those languages at home? Do young people still use them?
t. Linguist
>>
Which is objectively the best regional language?
>>
>>73600080
I was told Scots way far up in the boonies tend to speak legitimately distinct dialects of English/Gaelic or something like that. Do you know anything about that? The Linguistic diversity of Europe is so goddamned fascinating.
>>
>>73600487
Uh, my whole family speak friulano. Mom and dad never spoke italian talking each other, they spoke italian just with us and people they were not sure they could understand (which could happen a lot in my region, cause we have other 3 dialects in a 80 km radius)
>>
>>73600573
i know that irvine welsh writes his books in scots but its quite similar to english really and not really its own language, scottish gaelic however is it's own language
>>
Don t forget the hands language motherfucker
>>
>>73600944
Wtf man that was supposed to be a secret
>>
>>73600506
Sicilian
>>
The world should know about that
>>
>>73600997
Hey. Would you like to see if your languages are mutually intelligible?
>>
>>73599430
i am chinese
>>
>>73600487
you're not a real linguist if you don't know most european countries used to be covered in thousands of different languages and dialects until very recently
>>
>>73601586
Ok, let me clarify. I'm a second year university student who has decided to major in Linguistics, and yes I am very much aware of the Linguist diversity in Europe, just I'm curious as to how many speakers of these different dialects exist and are frequently used in these countries today.
>>
>>73600944
everyone knows about that, lad.
>>
>>73600506
Tuscan, it's the reason we agreed to use it as italian
>>
File: 1476639231578.png (94KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
1476639231578.png
94KB, 500x304px
>>73601949
>we agreed
>>
>>73599576
in southern italy everybody speak dialect above italian
>>
>>73601767
they're minorities unfortunately
one of the few countries that still has a lot fo those old speakers is spain
>>
>>73600487
majority of siciliani, veneti, campani, friulani and pugliesi speak their dialect as first language
>>
>>73602292
why do you call them dialects, they're actual languages
>>
What is the general opinion among Italians of the venetians?
>>
>>73601994
Not him but scholars and the aristocracy de facto did.
>>
>>73602484
they very nice super cool master race, they should be indipendent
TI CON NU, NU CON TI
>>
>>73601949
Tuscan is great, as long as Tuscans don't speak it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.