[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fixed the Americas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 23

File: IMG_0968.jpg (108KB, 826x1170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0968.jpg
108KB, 826x1170px
I fixed the Americas
>>
>>73568202
>Costa Rica
>Part of Gran Colombia
That is ours
Also, all of the northern states are cut in half
>>
How is it suddenly central america got internet? Mexico, leash your dogs man
>>
>uno con mí cosi
Please, yes.
>>
>>73568392
They are rebelling. Please, send help.
>>
File: Sem títulowww.png (317KB, 826x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Sem títulowww.png
317KB, 826x1170px
>>73568202
>>
>>73568244
Costa Rica used to be ours before joining NEW SPAIN, not Mexico, it was never yours
>>
>>73568202
Actually, yes, that is fixed. Nice job.
>>
>>73568202
>giving mexifucks their lost land back

it's shit
>>
File: The Americas.jpg (110KB, 826x1170px) Image search: [Google]
The Americas.jpg
110KB, 826x1170px
>>
>>73568655
It was part of the first Mexican empire
>>
>>73569087
yeah for like 2 years, nice ""empire"" btw
>>
>>73568981
perfect
>>
>>73569145
Fantastic days indeed
>>
File: delet_in_spanish.jpg (12KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
delet_in_spanish.jpg
12KB, 480x358px
>>73568202
Fuck you, salvatrucha
>>
I agree with this. All the uggos in the Mexican empire and all the qts in Gran Colombia
>>
Texas is rightful Mexican clay
>>
>>73568655
During most of the colonial period, Costa Rica was the southernmost province of the Captaincy General of Guatemala, which was nominally part of the Viceroyalty of New Spain, but which operated as a largely autonomous entity within the Spanish Empire. Costa Rica's distance from the capital in Guatemala, its legal prohibition under Spanish law to trade with its southern neighbors in Panama, then part of the Viceroyalty of New Granada (i.e. Colombia), and the lack of resources such as gold and silver, made Costa Rica into a poor, isolated, and sparsely inhabited region within the Spanish Empire. Costa Rica was described as "the poorest and most miserable Spanish colony in all America" by a Spanish governor in 1719.

It doesn't really matter. They were underpopulated an irrelevant for the entire time they were part of New Spain and Guatemala (1609–1821) and even further.

It wasn't important for either of us, nor the Spanish Crown. Both claims, yours and the other Mexican anon are ludicrous.
>>
>>73569769
>which was nominally part of the Viceroyalty of New Spain
exactly New Spain, not Mexico, Mexico =/= New Spain

And you're right, Costa Rica was very irrelevant but they are actually very close to us, most of the people living in Costa Rica are descendants of people who was already settled in the Nueva Granada for a long time and then moved there, that's why their accent is so similar to Bogota accent, and their culture is also very close to colombian culture
>>
>>73569923
The core of New Spain is Mexico. Sor Juana is good example. The people in New Spain didn't just disappeared. There were special cases that were somewhat independent: Guatemala, Cuba and The Philippines, and Costa Rica was part of Guatemala, not New Granada.

And if you want to play that game, Colombia =/= New Granada. Panamá and Venezuela agree.
>>
Maybe if everyone's ancestors had fought harder they'd still have their land
>>
>>73569979
>Colombia =/= New Granada
This shows how little you know, New Granada was Colombia, and only Colombia, it was not Ecuador nor Venezuela (it was Panamá tho), Gran Colombia was more like a union where Colombia was the leader but Venezuela and Ecuador never where a direct part of us, they just where under our rule, but it was not the same with Costa Rica, the map i posted shows that New Granada was in fact only what we today know as Colombia with Costa Rica in it

In other hand, Mexico was the core of New Spain but not the whole representative of it, it was just the administrative center

You had a Costa Rica for a while? That's good, but it didn't affect their culture or their people, while we did, if we compare Costa Rican culture with colombian culture and with mexican culture, it will clearly be more related to us
>>
>>73570602
>Mexico was the core of New Spain but not the whole representative of it, it was just the administrative center
I already told you, the places of New Spain that were independent were: Captaincy General of Guatemala, Cuba and The Philippines. Costa Rica being part of Guatemala while also being the most underpopulated and irrelevant part of the entire Spanish Empire, making both claims of Costa Rica belonging to either Mexico or Colombia ludicrous. And yes, Mexico and New Spain are pretty much the same thing due to the low population of everything else.
>You had a Costa Rica for a while?
Costa Rica was part of Guatemala, and New Spain for 300 years, and 0 years part of New Granada. Costa Rica was part of the Mexican Empire for 2 years and 0 years part of Colombia. If anything, those are more than 3 centuries of advantage over you.
>if we compare Costa Rican culture with colombian culture and with mexican culture, it will clearly be more related to us
I really don't know almost anything about Costa Rica, and I wont pretend I do, but this I do know (I might be wrong, though).

>the "pura vida" phrase is mexican in origin
>they eat corn tortillas
>they call corn "elote", not chocolo
>they worship "la virgen de guadalupe" and the "cristo negro"
>Yolanda Oreamuno, Eunice Odio and Francisco Zúñiga, important Costa Rican figures in art, all lived in Mexico
>Chavela Vargas
>Maribel Guardia
>cacao plantations

Enlighten me about the Colombian side of their history, other than "some Colombians lived there, and, ah, ahm, I guess they have Cumbia and coffee".

I will say this again, Costa Rica doesn't belong to any of us, and they developed on their own thanks to their isolation and irrelevancy.
>>
>>73570953
>Costa Rica was part of Guatemala, and New Spain for 300 years, and 0 years part of New Granada
You're talking out of your ass, they where a part of New Granada before New Spain even existed, Costa Rica became a part of New Spain because we ceded it, you claiming Costa Rica as a part of Mexico is just like claiming Cuba or the Philippines

>"some Colombians lived there, and, ah, ahm, I guess they have Cumbia and coffee".
Not "some colombians", the mayority of Costa Ricans come from people from Nueva Granada, people who was already settled for a while in Nueva Granada

and i'm not gonna disect every part of costa rican culture because i don't know every single part of it, but i've talked to many costa ricans and the similarities are clear, more than it is to mexico, ask to any costa rican and they will tell you the same
>>
>>73571525
So you have nothing, and I am the one talking out of my ass, while actually giving you examples. Ok.

You know what? Now I am interested, give me your sources.

>they where a part of New Granada before New Spain even existed
Are you seriously saying that New Granada is older than New Spain?
>you claiming Costa Rica as a part of Mexico is just like claiming Cuba or the Philippines
Things I never did by the way.

>costa ricans and the similarities are clear, more than it is to mexico
Then tell me the similarities. Just name one, I already tolde you some similarities they have with us. Or don't, do whatever you want.
>>
>>73571641
never said*
>>
>>73571641
>Are you seriously saying that New Granada is older than New Spain?
okay i was wrong in there, but it's just a couple of years older

and you know what? this arguing is pointless and i'm too fucking sleepy, do you want to see the main similarity? just look at the fucking accent, they literally talk the same as people from bogota, and no, it's not just a coincidence, we even had the same tribe of natives, the muiscas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZVGpDYo1SE
>>
>>73571970
i mean the chibchas, i'm too sleepy, imma go sleep
>>
>>73571970
Dunno, this guy sounds different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBz5WmxYYmU

>>73572118
Ok
>>
>>73568202
ebin, shoot yourself
>>
>Forcing D.R to be part of Cuba, haiti and P.R

Lol, good luck kid.
>>
File: 1411014774909.png (186KB, 528x498px) Image search: [Google]
1411014774909.png
186KB, 528x498px
>Colombia and México
>two countries less developed, with way more % of poor people, etc, than us, fighting for us

Lel

>b-b-but CR más part of New Spain

Costa Rica was part of New Spain and the Kingdom of Guatemala, but, we were not communicated to them. Because of this we had an special permit to commerce with New Granada, specially whats today Panamá and Colombia.

During the colonial times every governor always asked for us to be transferred to Nueva Granada, but because of reasons, but the Kingdom and the Viceroyalty always interfered. At the end of the 18th century Guatemala tried to get our permit revoked, so that we had to travel by FUCKING BOAT to Central America to trade. Of course we told them to fuck off.

>the "pura vida" phrase is mexican in origin

It isn't, that's a retarded claim from a Mexican who says it comes from a Mexican movie which only shares the title. We use the phrase since the 18th century.

>they eat corn tortillas
Yes, and we consider them of Méxican origin, not Costa Rican. Also, they are not and important part of our cuisine, being introduced during the 80's by a Mexican company.

>they call corn "elote", not chocolo

We call it "maiz", neither "elote" or "choclo". Corn is neither an important food here, nor local Amerindians (who were not even Mesoamerican) use it a lot. We only have to types of corn, a local white one and a yellow one the USA introduced.

>they worship "la virgen de guadalupe"

No, we don't. What kind of idiot does that?

>and the "cristo negro"

The "Cristo Negro" of Costa Rica is a different one, there is literally a different every where. We have like 15 different ones.

>Yolanda Oreamuno, Eunice Odio and Francisco Zúñiga
>Costa Ricans

Immigrants who are not even considered Costa Ricans

>Chavela Vargas
>Maribel Guardia

Immigrants, whats your point?

>cacao plantations

And sugar cane, and rice, and beans, and plantain, and cotton, and tobacco. Don't know what you are trying to prove here.
>>
File: 1411016151303.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1411016151303.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
Also, I find it pathetic when Central American and Mexicans try to make us part of their "cultural sphere".

Yes, we are closer to Colombia than to N*caragua, so what? We where uncommunicated from everything north of us until 1955. It was illegal for you people to even live in CR until 1948. How do you expect for us to even be similar to you?

No hate, btw, I love to see how Mexicans desire us, even if it is in an autistic manner.

>>73572148
That guy is not Costa Rican, is a Mexican immigrant, you duffus. Literally says it right there.
>>
>>73577747
>>73577882
>fighting for us
The whole point is that you belong to Guatemala.
>>
here's how to fix america:
speaks english? all one country
speaks portuguese? all one country
speaks dutch? all one country
speaks french? all one country
speaks spanish? NO NO TIENEN QUE SER VARIOS PAISES PORQUE SOMOS DIFERENTES CULTURALMENTE QUE NO ENTIENDES NO PUEDE SER
>>
>>73568202
Mexico shouldn't get the land their garbage has poluted. Make it a buffer state, that will also keep the average IQ of Mexico at it's current number and raise ours.
>>
File: 1411018695101.jpg (133KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1411018695101.jpg
133KB, 499x499px
>>73577897
The whole point is, we don't : ^)

Everything from Nicaragua to USA is the same for us, and we identify everything from there as "Nicaraguan", something that incredibly triggers Mexicans when they come here.

Colombia is too similar to us

>same food
>similar accent
>similar traditions
>etc

We even joke how Panamá is different than both of us and we are more similar to each other than to Panamá.

Stay triggered, my friend, nobody "hates" you here btw, but not even your telenovelas get here, you are not very relevant South of Nicaragua.
>>
File: b773b92adb95caa727bd5705cc0de8b8.png (454KB, 1032x364px) Image search: [Google]
b773b92adb95caa727bd5705cc0de8b8.png
454KB, 1032x364px
>>73577897
btw, the guy wasn't Mexican, he has a video shit talking México and I misread it. Guess where he comes from.
>>
americans have earnt texas
>>
>>73569468
>Texas is rightful Mexican clay

>Can't settle the area and too many natives
>Invite American settlers
>Act like a dick and centralize power
>Americans and Tejaños get pissed
>Try to restore order with over 3 times their numbers of soldiers
>Get your ass handed to you.

Yeah, they don't deserve it.
>>
File: 3TK.jpg (284KB, 1200x692px) Image search: [Google]
3TK.jpg
284KB, 1200x692px
>>73578024
>>73578084
Yeah, I've seen you two autist before. The point stands, you belong to Guatemala, hell, you even belonged to Nicaragua at some point.

On the other hand, I would actually prefer Guatemala to join us over you only because of this desu. As a small state, you wouldn't stand out from the good ones nor improve any of the stats overall either way, so don't get so cocky my friend.
>>
Reminder that Colombia is a small and Spanish speaking Brazil
>>
File: mylaughteriseternal.png (144KB, 443x382px) Image search: [Google]
mylaughteriseternal.png
144KB, 443x382px
>>73578291
>i-i-it doesn't matter
>f-f-facst doesn't matter
>I d-d-d-didn't even want you anyway

But I do agree, you Central Americans should stay together, with your Mayas, Aztecs, dem tortillas, pupusas, chalupas, tacos, and so on. Literally don't know why you are not together.
>>
>>73578376
What facts? The Colombian claimed that you belonged to New Granada, which you didn't. I claimed you belonged to Guatemala for 300 years while being the poorest shithole of the Spanish Crown, hence why you were isolated, irrelevant and underpopulated, which is true. On the other hand, your murder rate isn't even that low, and your HDI is also not higher that several states, so really, having you wouldn't improve anything.
>>
File: loleando.png (944B, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
loleando.png
944B, 500x438px
>>73578479
>What facts? The Colombian claimed that you belonged to New Granada, which you didn't

Costa Rica and Panamá where part of a same territory which belonged to Nueva Granada, originally called the Veragua territory and the formally organized as Castilla the Oro. The reason why we only had a single road which went from Cartago to Panamá was this.

The Spaniards went full autism and decided to divide Castilla de Oro in two, with the duchy of Veragua as limit between the two, and so, Nueva Cartago and Panamá were born.

Also, yes, Nueva Cartago was the poorest and most isolated territory of New Spain and American Spain, and yes, thanks to that we have nothing to do with anything North of us. You keep posting it like thinking Im gonna get mad, while the only purpose this information has is to prove that we have nothing to do with anything North of us.

>b-b-but

Nigga, we agree, we don't want to have to do anything with you Mesoamericans, and you don't want to, so what's the problem?
>>
>>73578635
I know about the territory, and at that point in time New Granada didn't even exist. That territory changed every five years or so, for like 30 years, and you were part of Panamá, Nicaragua, and finally, Guatemala for most of your history. And if you were barely populated in 1810, just imagine 1508, where there was only a village that got abandoned.
>>
File: 1492148852420.jpg (93KB, 826x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1492148852420.jpg
93KB, 826x1170px
fixed
>>
File: 1383110136247.jpg (13KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1383110136247.jpg
13KB, 500x375px
>>73578748
And you keep saying, but now that even you know the reasons why we don't have anything in common with you, and why we are related to Colombia, I fail to see the purpose of you repeating yourself over and over again.

>first claimed we were basically Mexiquito
>now explains why we don't have anything in common with you or any of the trash up North

Explain me again why you don't want us, senpai
>>
>>73578857
I don't know what post you are reading desu.
>>
>>73578775
>cutting the chilean upper north
That's where the money comes from, southern regions couldn't live without it
>>
>>73578857
>>73578898
And I still don't know how you are related to Colombia other than "hey, some of us speak funny but not really in the same way".
>>
>>73568655
>Costa Rica used to be ours before joining NEW SPAIN
You're using even a worse argument genius. It belonged to the Spaniards, since not even New Granada existed then and unlike Colombia, Costa Rica actually belonged to an independant Mexican state, the first Mexican Empire.

>>73578135
>>Can't settle the area and too many natives
It wasn't due to the natives, they invited the american settlers to defend the region because Spain was trying to reconquer and send expeditions from there.

>>Invite American settlers
which invaded like roaches and were declared illegals after a year, but that didn't stop them from keep coming and start breaking laws like having slaves

>Yeah, they don't deserve it.
We didn't, agreed.

>Nueva Cartago was the poorest and most isolated territory of New Spain and American Spain, and yes, thanks to that we have nothing to do with anything North of us.
Yet the North (Central America and New Spain in turn) governed you for 300 years.
>>
>>73580535
>>Nueva Cartago was the poorest and (...)
>>73578635
>>
>>73568202

Ecuador with Peru and Bolivia

Chile alone

then it´s perfect.
>>
File: 1491217716772.png (235KB, 516x526px) Image search: [Google]
1491217716772.png
235KB, 516x526px
>>73568202
>>73568626
>>73568981
you guys better not try to steal our islands
>>
>>73580535
>>73580563
He is just some random Tico who hates Mexico with a passion. He always shows up in Central American threads to talk shit about us and his neighbours, while saying he prefers Colombia, probably a Colombian himself. It's no use arguing with him really.

>>73580649
Is it true that you are going to war with Venezuela?
>>
>>73580688
I think venezuela is gonna be busy with a civil war first
>>
File: 1330985681673.png (115KB, 280x263px) Image search: [Google]
1330985681673.png
115KB, 280x263px
>>73580442
There is a reasons why Nicaraguans use the same colloquial words, have the same cousin, and so on as Mexicans and have a similar accent, and is the same reason why Costa Ricans and Colombians have a similar accent and use the same colloquial words, and so on.

>populations ties

Its not a issue of being part of the same administrative region, that doesn't mean anything if then populations are apart, but since colonial times there have been population movements between what is today CR and Colombia, hell, because of Central American and Mexicans not wanting to come to the new province to settle it had to be populated from the South (then again, it was easiest to come here from there).

Even so, the main reason why CR and Colombia are so similar its because of the times of the United Fruit Company. Costa Rica had a very small population which didn't want to go to the Caribbean or Pacific regions of the country, so the UFC promoted migration to the country. During the time, it was illegal for Central Americans to come here, so they had to bring Jamaicans and Colombians. At the begining of the 20 century, 35% of the population of the country was Colombian or 1st generation.

>but why was illegal for Central American to go to Costa Rica?

We had border ties with them since always and many different problems, in 1863 they joined to back the claims of Nicaragua and declared war on us. From 1863 to 1894 it was illegal for them to come here because of war reasons, and in 1929 the few Central American living here were expelled because of ties to the Communist party. Then again, in 1936 the fascist government passed racial and xenophobic laws which banned Central Americans and Poles from the country, took away citizenship from Blacks, Asians, Amerindians, Italians and first born immigrants, and so on. Those laws were one of the reasons of the Civil War and were abolished after it.
>>
>>73580881
I genuinely want to know the similarities with Colombia in food, art, politics, history, slang and culture. I already searched (not extensively) and didn't really find much. I don't know if I should ask you since you actually hate us for whatever reason and are biased. But go on since you seem to be the only Tico around.
>>
>>73580535
>since not even New Granada existed then and unlike Colombia, Costa Rica actually belonged to an independant Mexican state, the first Mexican Empire.

Costa Rica didn't even get the invitation to join after the collapse of the Empire, also, that doesn't even make sense.

>during a few months, even if you didn't know, you were part of us, that means you are like us

>Yet the North (Central America and New Spain in turn) governed you for 300 years.

So? You keep saying it like it makes us mad or something. We even have this monument in the South with every flag that has governed a Costa Rican territory

>New Spain
>the first Costa Rican Republic
>the Federal Republic of Central America
>the second and current Costa Rican Republic
>Nueva Granada
>Colombia
>Panamá

>>73581039
Nobody hates Mexicans here. For some reason because you are not relevant in our country you think we hate you. Hell, there is more Mexican influence here than Nicaraguan (mainly for the racist and xenophobic laws I mentioned).
>>
>>73581117
Not that anon. But yes, you did get the invitation and your governor voted in favor of it. What you didn't get was the news of the "Empire" collapsing.
>Nobody hates Mexicans here
When I said that you hate us, I was talking about you anon, not about your country. And again, I genuinely want to know the similarities with Colombia in food, art, politics, history, slang and culture. I already searched (not extensively) and didn't really find much. You didn't answer that.
>>
>>73581117
>So? You keep saying it like it makes us mad or something
It certainly does, I wasn't even intending to trigger you.
>>
you are all the same
>>
File: fuckingcradilys.jpg (13KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingcradilys.jpg
13KB, 254x199px
>>73581232
>Not that anon. But yes, you did get the invitation and your governor voted in favor of it. What you didn't get was the news of the "Empire" collapsing.

First of all, we didn't have a governor, we were ruled by a assembly of congressmen, second of all, we had a Civil War to decide because of that "invitation" and the "no" won.

>El 3 de marzo de 1823, se formó el primer Congreso con diputados de las cuatro ciudades principales del Valle Central, profundamente localistas y fuertemente fragmentadas entre sí, llevando a un enfrentamiento por el poder entre las ciudades conservadoras de Cartago y Heredia, que abogaron por unirse al Primer Imperio Mexicano, y las ciudades liberales de San José y Alajuela, partidarias de la independencia. El 5 de abril de 1823 se libró la batalla de Ochomogo, que resultó en la victoria de los republicanos, dirigidos por Gregorio José Ramírez, y el traslado de la capital a San José.

Also

>I genuinely want to know the similarities with Colombia in food, art, politics, history, slang and culture

What exactly do you want me to say? How do you "prove" something like that?

Also

>Costa Rica
>arts
>politics

LoL, we can't talk about "art" here until 1930 and in terms of politics the only influence from other Latin American countries there is here is from Chile and Perú, were the "high class" of the country sent their sons to study. This of course ended in the 20's when the nationalistic era started and it was basically a sin to cite a non Costa Rican writer or politician.

I can tell you about slang and food, if you want to, but besides that, there is very few I can tell you, like you keep repeating, we were the poorest and less developed Spanish territory, this includes art, architecture, and so on. Then again, because of our colonial ties with follow the "Barroco colombiano" style, not the "Barroco guatemalteco" used in CA or the "B. mexicano" used in México.
>>
>>73581675
>all central america, aside panama, formed the captaincy general of guatemala (part of new spain) for 3 centuries
>in 1821 a congress in Central America declared independence from Spain
>the process met no resistance from the Spanish authorities there
>the Spanish authorities in there, Gabino Gaínza (president) and the governors of the provinces retained office
>some places refused to accept the government
>local law-and-order broke down
>anarchy prompted the land-owning wealthy, the conservative, and the ruling class to advocate union with Mexico
>Iturbide (new self-proclaimed emperor of Mexico), sent a letter to Gabino Gaínza (the president of Central America) to join
>the government of all provinces, except for El Salvador (under the rule of Gabino who voted yes, and only 1 out of 5 provinces, i.e. the minority), voted for annexation
>a few weeks later the envoy of Iturbide arrived as the new ruler
>Costa Rica started its own mini civil-war to see if they stayed or not
>meanwhile, true Mexican independentists didn’t want an emperor
>Iturbide was dethroned
>Mexico became a republic
>Mexico offered the new provinces the right to vote whether to stay or not
>the provinces voted; Chiapas stayed, everyone else left
>Mexico recognized their independence that same year (decades before Spain did the same with any of us)
>there was never a fight over it
>Costa Rica was still in their civil war because they didn't get the news of the “empire” collapsing
>the ones who wanted to leave won, the battle was futile either way
>Guatemala wanted Chiapas back despite the fact that Mexico respected all of their choices without a fight
>Guatemala sent their army into Chiapas and occupied Mexican land for decades
>the Mexican army was ordered NOT to attack and avoid war
>at the end Guatemalan forces left (again, without a fight) and Soconusco also became part of Mexico

>MEXICO INVADED CENTRAL AMERICA GUYS!!!!!1!!!1 HURR

I already know your game.
>>
>>73581675
>How do you "prove" something like that?
I'm not asking for proofs, I just want to know, and some concrete examples would be nice.
>I can tell you about slang and food, if you want to
Sure
>>
File: nigga_we_3D_now.png (49KB, 293x319px) Image search: [Google]
nigga_we_3D_now.png
49KB, 293x319px
>>73581832
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastronom%C3%ADa_de_Costa_Rica

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastronom%C3%ADa_de_Colombia

http://www.asamblea.go.cr/sd/Otras_publicaciones/Diccionario%20de%20costarrique%C3%B1ismos.pdf

http://www.academiacolombianadelalengua.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/BREVE-DICCIONARIO-PDF-FINAL-JUNIO-7-DE-20131.pdf

You will notice how the ties are between CR and the Caribbean and Central Region of Colombia. Then again, the main reason because of the ties between us and their Caribbean region is because the Caribbean of CR, Panamá and Colombia are literally the same ethno cultural region, so there is really not point in saying they are similar when they are the same.

Most of the similarity comes from the Chibchas, the natives of today's CR, Panamá and Colombia. Thats why we have many similar words and even a similar accent (the reason why we pronounce things the same way is because of the Natives) and we have similar foods and crops, being the Pejibaye (Pebaye in Panamá and Chontaduro in Colombia) the main crop of the Chibchas and still eaten in the Interamerican region. This of course, is not only true for our local food. Being our caribbean region the same we call and it stuff the similar way, for example "Patacones", called like that in CR, Panamá and Colombia, but called "Tostones" from Nicaragua to México and Cuba. Those are, of course, only two examples.

I hope this to be useful for you, my Mesoamerican neighbour.
>>
>>73568202
what the differences between yellow red and thees two colors which brazil and argentina have? (i don't know their names)
>>
>>73581792
Just because you "recognized" a president for the whole region it doesn't mean the region recognized him. Also, there is no reason to be butthurt just because your "Empire" invaded someone, that's how history works

>false flags
>recognizing what's good for you
>etc

Who cares if you invaded Guatemala and El Salvador, they would have been better under México, at least not as shitty.
>>
>>73582287
We didn't invaded you, we invaded Cuba. We let you vote twice, and we respected your decision twice. The fact that none of you agreed on anything and even had your own Civil Wars later on because of it and without Mexico, has nothing to do with the fact that your rulers asked us to join.
>>
tanto el mexicaca como el congolombiano son retras. ni Nueva España ni Nueva Granada eran estados soberanos o independientes. no cabe hablar de que lo que hoy Costa Rica fue parte de alguno de los dos porque todo era parte del Imperio español que lo administraba a su antojo.
>>
>>73582576
I've been saying that Costa Rica was NOT part of Mexico, but part of Guatemala, and that it developed on its own due to a number of reason, mainly their low population and geographical isolation, the whole time. Guatemala just happened to be an independent part of New Spain and not of New Granada. Emphasis on independent.
>>
>>73582411
>you
>you
>>>>>>>>you

We didn't recognized them, that's what you don't get. Keep pretending like someone here did, hell, CR didn't even part of the decision to be independent.

Also, the Kingdom of Guatemala didn't exist in 1821, years before it was reorganized in to two different territories, the Province of Guatemala (Chiapas, Guatemala, Comaguaya and El Salvador) and the Province of Nicaragua (Nicaragua, Nicoya and Cartago). Even if the people back then wanted to use the colonial institutions to declare control of the "new" territories, that wouldn't have included anything south of Honduras.

They were not even recognized as the rulers of their own "states", why do you think they were going to be recognized outside "Province"?

>b-but your rulers

Dude, yes, there were Guatemalans who were "congressmen from CR" because we didn't recognized them so they need to have a place holder until we stopped being "rebels". El Salvador kept pretending to be the FRCA until 1863 and they even had "congressmen" representing the whole region, it doesn't mean they had any value.
>>
>>73578357
that would be Venezuela. Both Brazil and Venezuela's population are turned over the sea or near it, both received strong European immigration in the past few centuries, etc.

Colombia is more Andean and didn't receive that many European immigrants.
>>
>>73582576
El tipo lo que hace es decir una y otra vez que CR fue parte del Reino de Guatemala, porque cree que eso va a enojar a alguien. Lo que le molesta es que CR tenga más relación cultural con Panamá y Colombia que con los países al norte, y su autismo lo lleva a enojarse porque un Hondureño hizo un mapa que postea a cada rato que incluye a CR como parte de algo que también es parte de Colombia, lo cual le molesta porque hace siglos CR era parte de una misma organización territorial que ellos.
>>
>>73582696
Like I said, we let you vote twice, and we respected your decision twice. The fact that none of you agreed on anything for decades is and was not our problem. The rulers were the rulers before independence was even proclaimed, and yes man, the rulers matter more than some random peasants who didn't even had a goal, lad, or clear purpose. If you want to keep pretending that letting you vote twice is an invasion, go ahead. No of your forces even fought the ones from Mexico, but you fought amongst yourselves.

>>73582777
Si tú lo dice mi amigo.
>>
File: 1457401844087.jpg (8KB, 249x238px) Image search: [Google]
1457401844087.jpg
8KB, 249x238px
>This thread is still alive
>>
>>73582850
>The rulers were the rulers before independence was even proclaimed

Our "ruler" was the governor of the Province of Nicaragua, not the governor of the Province of Guatemala. The congress of the Province of Nicaragua dissolved it after independence, leaving Nicaragua, Nicoya and Nueva Cartago as independent states. Non of our colonial "rulers" said anything about the invitation.

Ricardo Fernandez was a Guatemalan who was appointed as the representative of Nueva Cartago/Costa Rica because the Costa Ricans "rebels" refused to recognize the "union" the Guatemalans pulled out of nowhere so they didn't send anybody. Sure, he said "yes", but it didn't mean shit, that is why the Mexican Empire was smart enough to send the actual CR government an invitation.

>the Costa Rican congress says "yes"
>perfect

>the Costa Rican congress says "no"
>the Mexican Empire says Ricardo Fernandez is the actual government of CR and he said yes, therefore, the CR congress doesn't have power of decision and they are actually part of the Empire

They covered all of their bases, its a shame they collapses before being able to use them
>>
>>73583094
>Non of our colonial "rulers" said anything about the invitation.
They did, they all accepted except for El Salvador.
>send the actual CR government an invitation.
So, not an invasion.
>>
>>73583222
>So, not an invasion.
The invasion was to Guatemala and El Salvador, not to "us". Not that it matters, like I said before, thats how thinks works.
>>
>>73582213
>https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastronom%C3%ADa_de_Costa_Rica
>tortilla de maiz
>tamales
>rompope
>chocolate
>maiz
>frijoles
>guacamole
>elote
>chayote
>atole
>achiote
>pico de gallo
>pozol

Alright (I sage as to let the thread die, but it if you want to continue, be my guest, I need to stay awake for as long as I can).
>empanadas de queso
>>
>>73583941
>literally basic agricultural products and Latin American food

Whats your point?

>empanadas de queso

The empanadas are from Argentina, tho, whats your point?
>>
>>73581117
>>73581675
>>73582213
>>73582287
>>73582696
>>73582777
>>73583094
>>73583934
here's that butthurt costa rican again
>>
>>73583934
Never mind, I'm going to keep reading >>73583941
>the invasion
If you say so.
>>
>>73584000
>Chi

>>73584006
>If you say so.

I don't say so, tho, they say so.
>>
>>73583996
>the empanadas are from Argentina

wat
>>
>>73584047
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empanada
>>
>>73583996
Empanadas are from Spain if I recall correctly, but they look exactly like quesadillas.
>literally basic agricultural products and Latin American food
Except that most of them are actually not, aside for frijoles and maíz. I'll give you that even if they are indeed from Mesoamerica. And you do call it elote according to that link.

>Whats your point?
I don't have any point, I am pointing out similarities and I want to see the ones with Colombia. I saw arepas in there too.
>>
>>73584067

>las empanadas iberoamericanas derivan de esas empanadas europeas y de las de Medio Oriente (fatay y sfihas) que, tras su difusión por el sur de Europa (principalmente Andalucía), llegaron a América con los conquistadores españoles.8
>>
>>73584176
Argentina es Europa tho
>>
>>73584176
Why is the Colombian food article much smaller than the one from Costa Rica? I would have thought that it would be more varied. Do you have a good page I can see? :D
>>
File: Indigenismos.png (170KB, 633x626px) Image search: [Google]
Indigenismos.png
170KB, 633x626px
>>73582213
>http://www.asamblea.go.cr/sd/Otras_publicaciones/Diccionario%20de%20costarrique%C3%B1ismos.pdf
Come on lad, that is a normal dictionary, that has some added words not recognized by the RAE here and there. That doesn't show similarities, or just the slang. It shows every fucking word in Spanish.
>>
>>73584842
>indigenismos

Guess why most of the Native words we got from you are Native, senpai. Also, we can't het "indigenismos" from a region with the same Natives we have (Colombia, Panamá).

>out of context group out nowhere
>>
>>73585051
I would post a sample of slang, but everything else in that link is a giant dictionary with every single word in Spanish.
>>
>>73585051
And South American countries have their own words for some of those things. Aguacate = Palta in Chile for example.
>>
>>73585145
That would be the Souther Cone, not "South America", being the Nahualt word, "aguacate" used in CR, Colombia, Venezuela, the Caribbean, USA and so on.

Really not a good example. In our specific case, they didn't consume nor had the fruit, so there is no local word in any of the languages. Also, you are using a very "Mexican"/Mesoamerican example.
>>
>>73585254
I specified the country that used "Palta" for that reason. I really don't know how people speak in Colombia other than "gonorrea, sapo". Hence why I am asking.
>>
>>73568244
they're culturally closer to us than Mexico though
>>
>>73586557
I'm really tired, and I must not fall asleep. Tell me the cultural similarities, anon, pls.
>>
>>73568981
>Baja California shared between three countries
Literally why?
>>
Why are costa ricans so butthurt?
>>
>>73586660
>Coffee
>Accent
>Ethnicity
>Food
Not gonna go into details, but you get the picture
>>
>>73587151
It's just that poster, the rest of us don't give a fuck about a fictional map. If a situation like this would happen in real life, I am sure we would prefer to not belong to anyone
>>
>>73587190
I don't know, seems pretty vague to me. But alright, I'll stop being an autist for everyone's sake.
>>
Nigger water lol
>>
>>73568392
Mirai la wea ctm q se slaio qliao lawea maraca
>>
>>73568655
lmao fuckign cucks
>>
>>73569468
Northern California is rightful Russian clay, get the fuck outta here Spaniard
>>
>>73587539
As an example, if one day you hypothetically woke up in the colombian andean region, which is an area at least 3 times bigger than Costa Rica, and they told you you're actually in Costa Rica, you'd have a hard time realizing that that's not the case.
>>
>>73578775
por que tu tienes una problema con los costarricenses?
>>
>>73587190
They look a damn sight better then Mexicans too.
>>
>>73582576
try not to shit on our maids too much.
>>
>>73577747
>>two countries less developed, with way more % of poor people, etc, than us, fighting for us
more like two big dicked countries fighting for a small pretty lady :^)
>>
>>73578357
this guy is literally (no joking) a fucking bolivian >>73582720
>>
>>73578291
I really wish Tikal was ours
>>
Hide centroamerican threads
Ignore centroamerican post
Do not reply to centroamerican posters
>>
>>73578775
Based

Also the southern cone would trigger narconiggers a lot
>>
>>73578775
dude! all of our coke monie was on the north!!
((´д`))
>>
>>73568202

>>73587802

Que putas comadres que hacen como les baila la vida?
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.