[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you actually learn a language with Duolingo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (25KB, 369x399px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
25KB, 369x399px
Can you actually learn a language with Duolingo?
>>
No
t. user
>>
>>73529875
>>73529860
>>
>>73529860
Yes
t. smart user
>>
more like the basics i think

i always give up on spanish after 2-3 lessons haha
>>
>>73529860
tried the german course. it teaches the basics but not the essential stuff you need to understand the lenguage
>>
No. You can use it as an aid at best
>>
>>73529900
correct me if im wrong but they teach you words but you cant hold a conversation with it
>>
>>73529860
yeah, pretty much
It's very good for building a foundation. Use it as you will, but when you're done, you'll want to move on to something more advanced.

tl;dr it's useful for the basics
>>
I've started learning English with it.
It only gives u the basic things on grammar and vocabulary so you can walk with your own legs. Currently I'm using other tools to enhance my skills with English, but Duolingo has been really essential in my journey.
>>
>>73529875
>>73529900
>>73529915
Faggots
>>
You can't even get 100% 'fluency' on duolingo; they're honest in the fact that you are going to need further studying outside the platform.
>>
>>73530177
How good was your English before starting? And how long has it been?
>>
>>73530177
Also, I tried starting to learn German on Duolingo too, but gave up. I can't deal with MANYYyYyyyy different/new words.
Recently I found out that on Memrise there's a course with all the words of the German course of Duolingo. Maybe one day I go back to learn.
>>
Duolingo is like a match.

It can help you start a fire, but alone it's pretty unimpressive.
>>
>>73529860
No, it's just a way to feel like you're learning a language while being as lazy as possible
>>
>>73530284
Well, before I starting to use it, I didn't even know the verb to be. In short: I used to be a total fool.
>>
>>73530395
They weren't asking about how much you knew about English, but rather how well could you communicate with it?
Hint: most angos don't know what a verb is either.
>>
>>73530395
Sounds promising then. How long has it been? I'm considering learning Spanish.
>>
>>73530423
He didn't say that he didn't know what a verb is, he said he didn't know "to be ".
Which is basically saying "utterly nothing"
>>
File: 2FOL9so.png (6KB, 365x116px) Image search: [Google]
2FOL9so.png
6KB, 365x116px
>>73530423
LeL, but if I didn't know how to conjugate a basic verb as "to be", how could I communicate with someone correctly?
Besides it, I just knew words like dog, cat, book... you know, what everyone knows.

>>73530424
Inicially I didn't use to be too dedicated, and many times I ended up breaking my learning for a long time, so it took more or less two years, but could have been only one year, or less.
>>
>>73530619
Your English is pretty good. I haven't been too scrutinizing to your posts, but I haven't seen an error yet that a native speaker wouldn't make.
>>
>>73530686
Thanks, anon. I try my best.
>>
>>73530741
Can you post a voice sample?
>>
>actually falling for the duolingo meme
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.