[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1840

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 55

File: 1490820524083.jpg (81KB, 487x487px) Image search: [Google]
1490820524083.jpg
81KB, 487x487px
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
http://djtguide.neocities.org/

DJT WILL CEASE ITS ACTIVITIES ON /int/ IF THIS THREAD DIES edition.

Last thread: >>73427143
>>
Why do you have to have two DJT threads? Just go to the Japanese thread if you love /int/ so much
>>
>>73523573
It's probably too late to save DJT now, since it's late night and most of the old posters probably forgot about it.
So what are you guys doing once DJT dies? Personally, I will try to use the time that was being eaten up by lurking DJT to actually do some reading.
There's only 20% learning cards left on my RTK deck, the rest are all mature or suspended. Once I'm almost completely done with getting all mature cards, I'll probably delete it. The reason for this is that my core 6k deck is starting to grow really large and it's eating up a lot of my time.
It's really sad that DJT might be going, this thread was the thing that motivated me to move away from a shitty and demoralizing tutor into doing some actual learning by myself, and it also gave me all the resources I needed (Unlike the IMABI/Genki shills on reddit). I literally wouldn't be here were it not for DJT. I'd probably be the same unmotivated cunt who couldn't understand basic sentences.
I'm going to miss DJT, but I always felt this was going to happen, and I'm not really that mad it is happening. As it stands right now, I'd say DJT was a pretty good crutch, but I was going to outgrow it eventually, and it might be a good idea to let go around now.
Fuck it, I'm probably rambling, but it's really late and it makes me really sad to see DJT go.
>>
>>73523573
Nice pic, it's my lifequest to nail this bitch someday.

So what now? I like that Argentinean's idea of going to /qa/ and doing something about that BR gatekeeping the /jp/ thread. It could make /jp/'s DJT actually browsable and it's better than having no DJT at all.
>>
>>73523587
A few threads back I suggested changing the name and format to something more open-ended, as the current one doesn't do a good job of luring potential learners in and comes across as a bit circlejerky (see >>73523507 for example: this seems to be the general opinion on DJT from an outsider's perspective). The fact is simply that /int/ attracts a different crowd than /a/ or /jp/, most people will just ignore /a/ Thread #2481 with an anime OP picture. I would like to hear other people's thoughts on this.
>>
>>73523717
The /jp/ DJT thread is full of autists
>>73512268
>>
>>73523760
But what would we change it to?
>>
File: 1471742507124.png (885KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471742507124.png
885KB, 1280x720px
>>73523740
Honestly? Maybe the Discord meme could be real, if mods over /jp/ won't allow any leeway for people to fight back the cancerous posters over there, we might as well try to keep in touch and preserve a bit of the userbase we had here. Is it possible to do it anonymously? Never used that crap.

>>73523717
That's what I intend to do if push comes to shove, although the mix of people trying to learn and people trying to chit-chat would be annoying for both.
>>
>>73523900
Hmm, now would be a good time to exchange usernames for whatever we use.
What would be best? Twitter? Discord? Neopets?
>>
>>73523924
I could make a discord and post the link here
>>
>>73523924
Neopets. Hit me up Death_Kougra666_Hokage
>>
>>73523944
Go ahead.
>>
>>73523869
I would be fine with a generic "Japanese learning thread" or something of the sort.

>>73523900
>Is it possible to do it anonymously?
Not on Discord, but I think you can make anonymous IRC channels. I assume some posters would have a bit of a hard time adapting to a new platform, though.

Also don't really understand what's up with this BR autist thing, but it reminds me a lot of the Sakura autist witch hunt that ruined so many /a/ threads. Please don't make the same mistake.
>>
>>73523965
Actually, now that I think about it, a Discord probably won't last long, so we should probably take advantage of it to discuss what we're going to do on /qa/. We schedule a time, and we meet to decide.
>>
>>73523944
discord gg neA547g
>>
これ日本語スレじゃない?
日本語で話せ(・∀・)
>>
Btw, keep in mind that /qa/ is currently frozen and will probably be deleted soon.
>>
>>73524042
いいえ、出来ないスレだぞ!
ここにいたら日本語で話すのはやっぱり全然出来ない。

>>73524006
>>73524091
/qa/ is useless, it's practically slow-mo SFW /b/.
>>
>>73524123
練習しないと絶対に上達しないぞ(・∀・)
>>
>>73524123
Well there's gotta be something we can do. Is there really no other way to communicate with mods?
Literally all that needs to be done is get the BR fag banned. Moving to /a/ would also be cool and good but it's not as much of a priority as kicking that fuck out.
>>
>>73523992
No, it literally is an autistic BR, people on /jp/'s DJT said they disliked the over-moderation and the BR's attitude but they don't do anything about it because "it's thanks to him that we have this thread". All these posts were of course promptly deleted afterwards.
>>
So what's up and who's this BR that everyone's talking about
>>
>>73524206
Some Brazilian cunt managed to convince the admins to let DJT split to /int/ and /jp/ instead of just /int/. Dude now has the mods in his pockets and autistically flips his shit at anyone who dares have a different method than him, getting posts deleted and people banned in the process.
>>
>>73524206
See >>73513729 and subsequent replies to know more.
>>
>>73524175
The feedback page or the 4chan IRC channel, probably, but I don't know if they would listen.

>>73524190
OK, but how can you be so sure? I don't lurk DJT every day, so I don't know if any real evidence has been brought up. but to me it just reads like another one of those Sakura autist/argumentative autist things.
>>
>>73524264
>>73524273
Must be a recent thing then? I remember djt been good like A week or two ago
>>
>>73524399
There is a BR who only shows up here on /int/ to shitpost writing like a retard, he does it in /jp/ and is only Deleted when another person starts arguing with him - else it's a free pass. He likes /jp/ because he can "blend-up" in the crowd and pretend no one can notice.

He was present in the /a/int/qa/jp/ wars, almost sure he was the one ban evading and recreating DJT over /a/ every couple minutes until he ran out of gas.

DJT used to have 5 BR regulars in total, though.
>>
>>73524415
>>73524399
There's this >>73522532 that happens to not just me but many others, but this goes back to when the split happened, because the BR was the one mouthing off, spaming /a/ with DJT and making threads on /qa/ asking mods to let DJT be on /jp/. I believe they let him do it, telling him to make sure to self moderate, and so he made DJT over there into a safespace where the wrong opinion gets you banned. If it were not for him, the autism would be greatly toned down over there and we might actually be able to make it a half decent thread if we join them.
>>
File: pixiv61844203_1.jpg (368KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv61844203_1.jpg
368KB, 900x900px
I'd suggest the Japanese learning thread on 8ちゃんねる but I don't think it would be appealing due to the site affiliation. Unfortunate, given that it has KC multiple image and webm with sound uploading ability. The threads are also basically static so if a handful of anons here went there, they would become the thread traffic. No /jp/ autism or janny either.
Problem is that it has even less visibility than /jp/, meaning that new learners would be rarer than on /int/.
There is also a Japanese learning thread on wizardchan, using the op resources. It is slow but once again, the site affiliation is likely going to be viewed as a net negative to anons here.
Those are the other two running DJT based threads I am aware of, in the context of an anonymous imageboard format.

>>73524175
>Is there really no other way to communicate with mods?
Not really. Mods have had a general hatred for anons since word go. I came across a screencap from the official IRC a week or two ago. A board was being flooded with my little pony shit, I think it was /qa/, and the response for asking why mods aren't dealing with global rule breaking stuff was to tell the anon to go fuck himself, that he didn't give a shit about the board.
If the hotpockets openly don't care about entire boards then I would imagine they are going to be equally apathetic to a general thread which was recentlyish moved from /a/.

pic unrelated, found it cute and wanted to post it
>>
>>73524415
I visited /jp/ a few weeks ago, around mid-March, and it was shit. There was a discussion going on where some autist flipped out over a translation taking liberties so as to not sound like shit.

Also, in case anyone remembers or cares: In a couple months, I will be paying 10 dollars on Dogen's Patreon to get access to his last videos. I'll send them to the dude who runs the guide's website and post them on 日本語スレッド if anyone still cares.

I'll be going to sleep in a few minutes, once I'm done with a certain part of a game I'm playing. Goodbye DJT, Argie poster signing off for the last time. Good knowing you guys, I'll see you around 日本語スレッド. I may check the Discord tomorrow so please try to get some discussion going there.
>>
>>73524572
おやちゅみなちゃい。
>>
>>73524509
hmm.. why not just have everyone merge with the JT on here? its fine to talk in english and to ask questions too over there
>>
>>73524512
wiz chan would be a no by virtue of the site's philosophy 4+4's wouldnt be as bad since the only people that truly sperg about 8 is just /v/ and /pol/ due to obvious reasons. The mods really have a hate boner since ..... left a few years back?
>>
>>73524620
I will certainly keep browsing the /int/ japanese thread, but to plop DJT on top of it is israel-tier. They've been around for a while, and invading a well-established general is sort of disrespectful to the people there.
>>
>>73524478
>>73524509
I see, back when DJT was first moved from /a/ I quit the thread for about a month because I thought by then things would be mostly settled, so I wasn't around for that. I'm only asking because this looks way too similar to the previous /a/ incident.

Sakura autist:
>responsible for every single shitpost in the thread, spends 16+ hours a day shitposting
>also, we know which country he lives in

BR autist:
>can make the mods do anything he wants even though he's just a regular user
>also, we know which country he lives in

Keep in mind that since /jp/ doesn't have flags and there are usually well over 100 IPs, you might be mistaken in assuming that it's just one person.

>>73524512
8gag would be alright, but I don't know how I feel about invading another community's space all of a sudden (same reason why I'm not entirely comfortable with merging with JT), especially when we probably outnumber them... Maybe if they were OK with it.
>>
>>73524687
just merge the two threads in spirit rather than in name... and i dont mind nor do i think other mind too. its a japanese thread and i seen some very basic question that gets asked there and we helped them out
>>
>>73524632
>wiz chan would be a no by virtue of the site's philosophy
Japanese learning threads aren't for talking about sex so that wouldn't be an issue.
The early goons disliked the anons because moot and his crew were arrogant teenagers, which founded the moderation culture. They've only become more disconnected and apathetic over the years. I suppose you could view it in comparison to the BR anon being mentioned in this thread in regard to gatekeeping, only instead of one anon it is a handful them and the aggressive gatekeeping has long since faded into a general apathy or at worse when interest spikes, a general disgust of anons. The take away is that they aren't useful if you want someone to discuss site related things with.
>>
>>73524745
Yeah I guess, it's not like there are many of us left here on the /int/ DJT anyway, so we would probably not have a big presence there.
>>
>>73524732
There is a good chance the BR was there being autistic on /a/'s DJT. You could see him flip out because of the flags after the move to /int/, and then on the /jp/ DJT he would accuse every post he didn't like as being "falseflaggers" and "self-replies", obviously projecting because that's what he does all the time to feign consensus for his autism. It was quite clear he was one particular person as opposed to Sakura autist, because the flags on here made that clear enough.
>>
>>73524732
>Maybe if they were OK with it.
You'd have to have a look for yourself to get an idea. The impression I've gotten from checking those threads once every few weeks or so is that they would appreciate more traffic.
It is on their /a/ board, searching the catalogue for "djt" should be enough. You'd see the familiar op, etc.
Due to the pace the past two threads were content agnostic, with anons talking about learning using video games, anime, manga, drama shows, visual novels, etc. Kind of like a super slow and ultra relaxed variant of the threads on /a/.
>>
>>73524123
ここはアメリカのサイトだからね。
共通語として英語を使ってしまう以上、
日本語になんの必然性も無い。
必然性のない言語が成長した試しは無い。
上達しなくても、
ただの研究対象でいいと思うよ。
>>
>>73524935
what are the differences between our /a/ and 4+4 /a/? excluding them needing more traffic and the content agnosticism
>>
>>73524816
そうした方がいいと思うよ。
>>
>>73524889
Eh, I still don't quite buy it, but there isn't anything I can say at this point. I'd have to look through the weeks of archived threads myself to reach a conclusion/

>>73524935
Exactly my point: wouldn't the easygoing atmosphere be ruined if we suddenly flooded in? If we're going to go through with this idea, one of us should first post there and see what they think.
>>
>>73525015
ありがとうございます先輩
>>
>>73525038
I'm certainly not going there, I mostly phonepost and the mobile version sucks.
>>
>>73525043
優しい後輩だよね ('ω' )
>>
>>73524966
The /a/ on 4+4 is a million times slower and appears to have threads which would be on /m/ and /wsg/ over here. Less autism? Don't really spend much time lurking threads so I can't say all that much.
>>
File: 1465913592069.jpg (82KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1465913592069.jpg
82KB, 500x706px
Discord ID: neA547g
(You can access it via browser, no install required.)

We don't intend making it a permanent place, but we want to avoid losing all communication like these 2~3 days without a DJT. If you need somewhere to stay up to date, go there.

Here are the regulars I can remember from the top of my head who still have to show up and may be unaware of this. If you can give us a heartbeat, just quote here. If you're not on the list, state so too.

[x] Argentina1
[ ] Argentina2
[x] Australia1
[ ] Australia2
[x] Brazil1
[x] Brazil2
[ ] Brazil3
[x] Canada
[ ] Finland1
[ ] Finland2
[ ] France
[ ] Germany
[ ] Greece
[ ] India
[ ] Japan (English speaker)
[ ] Japan (New Zealand)
[ ] Philippines
[ ] Russia
[ ] UK
[x] USA1
[ ] USA2
[ ] USA3
[ ] Vietnam
>>
>>73525302
I'm a Canada but if there's others I'm okay with being Canada 2 or 3.

I doubt you are referring to me, I post maybe twice a week at most.
>>
>>73525384
I'm also Canada and only post here a few times a week too...I'm not the one who was making the military deck and I've never used Discord, if that helps to identify me.
>>
>>73525414
>military deck
That's me, neat, people remember me.

I've never used Discord either how does that ID thing work?
Progress is really slow by the way, I think there was a Brazilian who made the google sheet I have, is he fairing any better?
>>
>>73525520
Check last thread, Australia made a deck because you went MIA.

As for the ID, just enter on the site, try to join a new server and it'll ask you for the ID.
>>
File: japanesey.png (2MB, 1280x10000px) Image search: [Google]
japanesey.png
2MB, 1280x10000px
>>73525520
Also did a v3 ever get posted of this, I like it?

I've tried making one of them myself but I had a hard time organizing everything.

>>73525540
That's awesome, it's 404'd I think though
>>
>>73525559
It's dead, but still archived (and even then, it goes to desuarchive after that). The v3 is over there, too, Ctrl+F v3.
>>
>>73525520
Of course we remember you, the other day I referred to you here >>73271721 and we ended up arguing for 1 hour about english grammar points. Your absence caused quite the ruckus.
>>
>>73525785
>I'm a productive canuck yet not as selflessly as the other one you're referring to.

You guys make me want to work harder.

>>73525579
>>73525579
I found both, thank you.

I really like the infographic, helps organize what I've been learning/need to learn a lot.

What do I do with an .anki2 file?
>>
>>73526119
At least you understood the sentence, because apparently it was constructed it a way that triggered 2-3 other anons for quite some time.
>>
>>73526141
in*
>>
>>73525302
I'd join to give the illusion of liveliness but I've only been studying for a month.
>>
>>73525038
https://desuarchive.org/int/thread/67851724/#67860159
Here is BRautist trying to shut down "off-topic" conversation that was detrimental to his mod friends.

There were several posts like this, both from BR and NZ. I think there was a Finnish guy too.

After /jp/ accepted them, the anti-DJT posts suddenly disappeared from /int/. Magical, huh?
>>
>>73526197
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, that just looks like "if I can't stay on /a/, I want other generals removed too!" and his reply confirms that: >>67860436

But again, I'm missing the proper context.

Reading a bit further down that thread, this post caught my eye: >>67865939

Did anything come from this?
>>
>>73525302
I post probably 4 days a week, been doing this for about 6 or 7 months. Just joined the Discord, I'm probably not one of the USAs on your list though if I had to guess.
>>
File: 1491871079182.png (63KB, 1903x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1491871079182.png
63KB, 1903x1300px
>>73525302
To be honest I only use these threads for information and resource related things, like the below post. Not really a social person, which is why I don't like the 日本語スレ on /int/. Discord isn't something I've used before but I'll give it a go a little bit later. That would make me Australia2 I guess.

Is Discord an instant messenger platform like IRC? I'll look it into it anyway so consider this a heartbeat.

>>73525520
Woo, finally caught you.
I'm the anon who threw together that Google sheet. Also mocked up a generic Anki deck based on it. Mega folder link:
https://mega.nz/#F!JdgAXbpR!KW4yx1nN6EMX98_WtKpxPg

Uploading the deck with media/fonts at the moment.
This was the previous post on the subject:
>>73439321

Was it just vocab you were after or did you want a kanji focus as well?
>>
>>73526296
No, I was the one reporting generals (and getting banned for doing so), I'm pointing to the BR replying and trying to "enforce rules", that good boy pose went on for days.

He even said he was "trying to act like GOOD BOI" so mods would see how civilized DJT was and /jp/ would take us in.
>>
>>73526421
But earlier, you (?) said he was spamming /a/ at the time: >>73524478

Isn't that the exact opposite? I can't help but feel that you guys are projecting multiple unrelated things onto a single boogeyman because it's more convenient that way, like the similar incidents that happened during our /a/ tenure.
>>
>>73526543
Or could it be the overly skeptical Brazilian is just /jp/'s BRautist trying to do some damage control?

Guess we'll never know.
>>
File: 1418604430634[1].jpg (117KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1418604430634[1].jpg
117KB, 1440x1080px
>>73526401
>Woo, finally caught you.
It's not really much of a catch though, I don't have really much to offer the deck.

You did all this by using a Google sheet then transferring it all onto Anki instead of making a bunch of individual cards?

I'll check back in the morning, thanks for making the deck, appreciate the effort

I'll check back in the morning before work.

>>73526591
>>73526543
>>73526421
いろいろブラジル人がいますね
>>
>>73526591
It's hard not to be skeptical when suddenly a single poster that I had never heard of until today is responsible for the thread's downfall, and he happens to have the same flag as me, and this whole debacle is giving me serious deja vu because I witnessed multiple threads become unusable after people decided that tilting at windmills was a good use of their time.
>>
>>73526637
>You did all this by using a Google sheet then transferring it all onto Anki instead of making a bunch of individual cards?
An excel sheet before copy/pasting to a plain text file saved in UTF-8 encoding, but more or less.
Screw making decks card by card, yo.

If the thread is dead and you don't mind discord, post any questions you have regarding this in the linked chat here >>73525302
Going off what I've been told, you can post whenever and other anons will be able to check later without it going away.
>>
File: 1491496124189.jpg (745KB, 1400x907px) Image search: [Google]
1491496124189.jpg
745KB, 1400x907px
>>
>>73526809
>Imperial flag
What was meant by this?
>>
File: rtk.png (3MB, 1400x907px) Image search: [Google]
rtk.png
3MB, 1400x907px
>>73526809
fixed that for you
>>
File: that_scene.png (20KB, 522x626px) Image search: [Google]
that_scene.png
20KB, 522x626px
俺の寝る前に最後のバンプだよ
>>
スレの死が迫っている
>>
File: 1491907536461.jpg (112KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491907536461.jpg
112KB, 854x480px
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 658x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 658x354px
>>73528035
If it dies, it dies.

But seriously if it dies, someone can simply remake it tomorrow and we can keep discussing this situation, people clearly have a lot to say about it.
>>
File: 16515615.png (301KB, 1790x1193px) Image search: [Google]
16515615.png
301KB, 1790x1193px
>>73526981
A celebration of rebirth, perhaps?
>>
File: koishi nyoron.png (65KB, 379x315px) Image search: [Google]
koishi nyoron.png
65KB, 379x315px
What's 'qk' mean? I assume it's gaming slang.
>>
File: 1413007864919.jpg (52KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
1413007864919.jpg
52KB, 400x339px
>>73529942
休憩、a break.
This is from the Uncharted Waters Online wiki, but I figure it generally applies for online gaming and stuff. Similar to AFK, I guess.
Here:
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/alfirin/d/%C2%E7%B9%D2%B3%A4%CD%D1%B8%EC%BC%AD%C5%B5%A3%C1%A1%C1#content_1_23
>>
>>73530072
>休憩
Right, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
>>
File: 1492064201857.jpg (182KB, 784x508px) Image search: [Google]
1492064201857.jpg
182KB, 784x508px
>>73526809
fixed
>>
Completely lost me on that one, anon.
>>
>>73523900
>That's what I intend to do if push comes to shove, although the mix of people trying to learn and people trying to chit-chat would be annoying for both.
Fuck off, the Japanese thread has nothing to do with learning. Stay out.
>>
>>73530484
Not entirely sure the anons here would even want to use that chatroom general, or else this thread would have been merged with the other thread a while ago. It's rather cancerous in all honesty.
>>
almost 3 years.
Off an on probably 2.5 years of active studying...ive given up besides watching lets plays to relax.

Its a huge waste of time all of it especially since im nearly retarded literally...why didnt i just do something with technology or anything else...i guess im better but not nearly as good as spending as much time as i had...im still going to keep going subtly with anime and all that but fuck man...

I wish you guys would stay with /jp/ instead of this hellhole. Theres already a jap thread for shitposting
>>
Is there any difference at all between 朝ごはん and 朝食?
Are 昼ごはん and 晩ごはん actual words too or do people say 昼食 and 夕飯 instead?
>>
>>73530942
They're all used pretty frequently.
>>
>>73531705
I see, thank you. I was just curious since [朝 / 昼 / 夕]ごはん is easier to remember.
>>
>>73523573
>DJT WILL CEASE ITS ACTIVITIES ON /int/ IF THIS THREAD DIES edition.
なぜ(´・ω・`)
>>
>>73532955
The thread has been dying due to low activity these past few days.
>>
>>73532955
強いて言えば...恐怖です
>>
>>73533638
>強いて
For some reason I really like how this sounds when used in speech.
(^ρ^)
>>
>>73533629
Good.

/jp/ is for the serious learners.
>>
>>73533848
>/jp/ is for the serious autists.
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: 1491055500342.jpg (34KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491055500342.jpg
34KB, 720x540px
>>73533805
its ok you're unlikely to need it
if someone was that pushy from japan it would be odd
>>
File: 1413484640140.png (328KB, 560x382px) Image search: [Google]
1413484640140.png
328KB, 560x382px
>>73534062
The relevance of need is heavily obfuscated thanks to the Internet, where we discuss things and in manners which rarely if ever occur outside of the wired.
>>
File: 空色スクエア。_2_004.jpg (252KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
空色スクエア。_2_004.jpg
252KB, 700x1000px
>>73533848
The matter of seriousness or not aside, I'd just like a place where it is possible to discuss raw manga in the context of Japanese learners, with the condition that piracy, etc. is allowed to be discussed.
For whatever reason there are some anons who seem against the idea of discussing manga on /jp/ and go out of their way to kneejerk when it is brought up, usually trying to insinuate that the medium isn't valid and anon ought be reading light novels or visual novels instead. Makes for a shitty environment.
The two or three raw manga threads on /a/ which appeared during the transition period after the daily Japanese general thread was moved were actually more enjoyable at least to me than most of anything else, but trying to do that on /a/ now is a bit of a fools errand since anons would rather watch the adaptations than read the source.
Maybe that is a delusional idea to begin with.
>>
how do you change the font on your Anki deck? (desktop version)
>>
>>73535111
Bookmark the Anki manual webpage, anon. It can be a lifesaver.
https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#templates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1j1Zx0mXME&yt:cc=on
>>
ganba!
>>
>>73535198
cheers
>>
>>73535002
>some anons
I think it's literally just 1 guy, that guy who keeps spamming his "manga isn't reading" shit. It's very annoying, I agree, but if you want to post manga over there feel free, other people are fine with it.
>>
>>73535002
>visual novels a more valid medium than manga
???
>>
>>73535628
Not sure why it rubbed me the wrong way but it kind of felt at the time like the spirit of the threads on /a/ had since entirely deteriorated and it made me feel jaded and lost any motivation to remain there. Was probably in a poor mood at the time and allowed it to cloud my judgement.
But if it is the case as you say then maybe I should give it another try.
Thanks for the heads up.

>>73535656
See the response by the Japanese flag anon since he probably knows more than I do about the situation.
>>
File: 271373.png (45KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
271373.png
45KB, 400x500px
Wow, I just woke up and I wasn't expecting the thread to still be alive. You guys really are hanging on.
I'll probably join the Discord tonight, I have a fair amount of shit to do today.
>>73530603
I have no problem with chatroom generals. I mean, the whole point is to learn Japanese, and being there at least gives you a chance to practice reading or sentence composition.
Also, this is a side-question, but whatever happened to the Japanon who kept asking us to correct his journal entries?
Also, I just remembered, but I wanted to say that I'll be giving the N5 this July. Thanks DJT. I'd probably have done it next year and failed if I stuck to the tutor.
>>
>>73536021
Where abouts are you at with your studies at the moment?
>>
>>73536410
How do you mean? As for grammar and kanji, I'm way ahead of the curve when it comes to the N5, so that's a non-issue. The one thing I need to polish is vocabulary, but I have the vocabulary list and I'm going to sit down and study from there one of these days. Listening is also kind of a problem, but that mostly comes from lacking vocabulary too.
>>
File: pixiv61059905.jpg (1MB, 1738x1224px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv61059905.jpg
1MB, 1738x1224px
>>73536592
What sort of things do you read/watch/listen to?
>but I have the vocabulary list and I'm going to sit down and study from there one of these days
Which list is that and are you using Anki or some form of SRS to study the words?
What is your daily study routine like?
>>
>>73536776
>What sort of things do you read/watch/listen to?
Well I'm still reading Yotsubato, though I've been trying to read something harder, so I downloaded the first volume of Diamond is Unbreakable. Still haven't gotten around to reading.
As for listening, I just do the listening excercises for test practice that I got from my tutor
(Yes, I know I've been blasting her a few posts ago, but these are official excercises from past tests, so it doesn't really matter what she does)
>Which list is that and are you using Anki or some form of SRS to study the words?
I don't have it with me right now, so I can't check, sorry.
>What is your daily study routine like?
Do my reps in the morning, read on the evening. Not sure if I could call that a routine, but that's pretty much what I do.
>>
>>73537078
Not sure if you are aware of it but this site has a collection of short stories with text, images and native audio:
http://hukumusume.com/douwa/index.html
If you wanted to mix up your listening exercises, with the use of Rikai to hover over unknown words, most of these I'd imagine would be accessible enough for you to get listening practice in.
>Do my reps in the morning, read on the evening.
We have more of less the same routine, and I don't really call it a routine either (^_^)
>>
File: 1492012846167.png (191KB, 502x548px) Image search: [Google]
1492012846167.png
191KB, 502x548px
ポンポンだしていまえばいいの
>>
>>73537078
Are there solid rules for knowing whether to pronounce えい as ee or ei, and おう as oo or ou? I typically default to using a long same-vowel like we're more or less taught. There's a few situations where it's easy to tell otherwise like 通う, where the う has to be pronounced since it's a verb (or at least that's my understanding). But beyond that, I'm left guessing.
>>
>>73538758
Sorry, replied to a random post (I click on posts to open the reply popup, and then forget to clear the text box, sometimes...).
>>
このくらいかおもじは絶対足りないよ
>>
>>73538828
キタ━(゚∀゚)━!
キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!
キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
キ・キ・キ・キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!
キタ━━━━━━━━m9( ゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━!!
キタ━━━━ヽ(゚∀゚ )ノ━━━━!!!!
キタ - .∵・(゚∀゚)・∵. - ッ!!
キタ*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・゜(゚∀゚)゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*!!!!
キタ─ ̄─_─ ̄─(゚∀゚)─ ̄─_─ ̄─!!!!
キタ─wwヘ√レvv~(゚∀゚)─wwヘ√レvv~─!!
キタ―― o(゚∀゚o) (o゚∀゚o) (o゚∀゚)o キタ――
キタ━(゚∀゚)━┥東│東│東│ │ │ │発│発│発│中│中│中│北┝┥北┝━(゚∀゚)━!!!!
キタ━ヽ( ゚∀゚)ノ┌┛)`Д゚)・;'━!!
キタ━━━(Д゚(○=(゚∀゚)=○)Д゚)━━━!!
キ・キ・キ・キ━━ (*`Д´)=○)Д゚) ´Д゚)・;' タァ━━!!
キタ━━━━━';・(゚Д´(〇=(゚∀゚)=〇)`Д゚)・;'━━━━━ッ!!!!
キッ・キタ━━○(#゚∀゚)=( #)≡○)Д`)・∴'.━━ッ!!!!
キタ━━━━━y=-(゚∀゚)・∵.━━━━━ン!!!!
キタ━━━ヽ(∀゚ )人(゚∀゚)人( ゚∀)ノ━━━!!
キタ━━━ヽ(∀゚ )人(゚∀゚)人( ゚∀)人(∀゚ )人(゚∀゚)人( ゚∀)ノ━━━!!!!
キタ━━━ヽ( ゚∀゚)人(゚∀゚ )メ( ゚∀゚)人(゚∀゚ )メ( ゚∀゚)人(゚∀゚ )ノ━━━!!!!
キタ━ヽ(ヽ(゚ヽ(゚∀ヽ(゚∀゚ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ゚∀゚)ノ∀゚)ノ゚)ノ)ノ━!!!!
キタ━━━━━━(゚(゚∀(゚∀゚(゚∀゚)゚∀゚)∀゚)゚)━━━━━━!!!!
キタ━━━━━(゚(゚∀(゚∀゚(∀)゚∀゚)∀゚)゚)━━━━━!!!!
キタ━━━( ´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)━━━!!!!
>>
File: 1491048845479.png (63KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491048845479.png
63KB, 800x400px
I made this for all tomodachis.
If you're not tomodachi, don't save it, thanks.
>>
>>73539231
うむ。これでいい
処刑が臨時の延長した
>>
I know that the guide puts a lot of emphasis on starting reading early on and doing a lot of it but lately it seems that I've gotten used to grinding core combined with the dojg deck in anki and not doing much else besides it. How much am I fucking myself over postponing reading until much later (until I finish going through core)? I have the problem that whereas anki is really easy to integrate into my daily routine I have a hard time to start reading regularly.
>>
>>73539772
>How much am I fucking myself over postponing reading until much later (until I finish going through core)?
None at all, it just means you start reading slightly later but will have a lot of an easier time getting used to it.
>>
How to katakana "surprise element"?
スップライゾエレメント
>>
イガイセイ
>>
>>73539839
Thanks for answering. I was really worried I might be doing something wrong since I've read a lot of posts saying that one should rather read more criticizing extensive anki usage.
>>
File: 1409097054113.png (111KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1409097054113.png
111KB, 600x900px
>>73540165
Once you understand what the program is and how it works, and what your general goals are and what realistic time frames are, most of those criticisms are more personal projection from the anons.
If you want to read you're going to eventually read anyway, so it isn't like postponing it for a few months or what have you is going to make a huge difference in the long run.
The initial steps into the language as you will find it in things like manga are going to be sketchy almost regardless of how you prepare for it, but it doesn't take that much to start getting used to.
What most vocal anons promote is using the first thousand or two thousand words of the Core6k deck then going entirely into mining words from what they are reading. Sure, that's a good way to go but it isn't superior to continuing to use the same Core deck in the same manner for the next few thousand words as either way you are going to be coming across those words and after the first few reviews whatever bonus people think they get from mining from what they read is rendered basically null and void simply by the fact that the words have long since lost their initial contextual association edge.
I'm of the opinion that the most important thing is momentum and if using the Core deck for another few thousand words before breaking into "native" materials is what is keeping you progressing, why stop? You know your own pace better than anyone else, right? When you feel like reading, start reading. If you don't feel like reading at the moment, keep progressing with your studies and start reading when you feel ready.

If there was only one definite and absolute piece of conjecture I would throw out in respect to learning, it would be this: don't fucking stop till the track hasn't worn down beyond its ability to keep you speeding along. It's lack of momentum which kills 9/10 learners. Don't become another statistic. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

That grammar deck is great, by the way.
>>
Reading and anki are for β chumps, just watch some dank annie mae.
>>
>>73540710
I am Greek.
>>
>>73539772
You're never actually fucking yourself over. At worst, you're just not as effective as you could be; which can be fine if that's within your expectations.

As long as you plan on reading at some point.
>>
>>73540681
>>73541210
Thanks for the advice. I've been planing to read for some time now but the most I manage is only a couple of sentences weekly. I planed originally to complete core6k by this summer but revising it I'll probably finish somewhere in July. After that I'm not sure if I should supplement my vocabulary with missing words from core10k or just go straight into mining. Whatever I do I'll definitely start reading more once summer starts and university classes end.
>>
File: 117.jpg (372KB, 1060x1504px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
372KB, 1060x1504px
Can anyone help me with these sentences?
>>
i love DJT, pls dont die :(, i've been here for 2 and half years now. i joined the discord aswell!
>>
File: 1475797620213.png (20KB, 481x331px) Image search: [Google]
1475797620213.png
20KB, 481x331px
>>73530691
>shills for /jp/
>gets deleted from there
Wanna take that back?
>>
>>73539231
>キタ━━━━━━━━m9( ゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━!!
Is this motherfucker mooning me?
>>
>>73542386
Shit, I forgot about you, Fafnir. And Sven over >>73530942 .

Alright, seems like Vietnam, France, Greece, UK, USA and even Poland showed up.

Still missing:

[ ] Argentina2
[ ] Brazil3
[ ] Finland1
[ ] Finland2
[ ] Germany
[ ] India
[ ] Japan (New Zealand)
[ ] Philippines
[ ] Russia

>>73535628
>>73538758
>>73539772
>>73540710
>>73541210
>>73542236
As for you guys, be sure you read >>73525302 , even if you're not joining, just so you know there is a bunker in case of apocalypse.
>>
>>73543679
Definitely not that France. I've only occasionally visited DJT since the /a/ split.
>>
>>73543679
>know there is a bunker in case of apocalypse.
Thanks. If I don't follow you guys wherever we end up, I'll never achieve my goal of one day being the guy knowledgeable enough to help people in return.
>>
>>73542236
Guys, anyone?
I's really not that difficult. I'm just having trouble pinning down the "feel" of it. Something like "your challenge spirit will give you a new sense of trendiness" maybe? The other sentence's meaning depends on how I understand this one
>>
>>73546074
If the thread hasn't died I'll help you once I get home.
>>
>>73546074
I don't understand the first one, something about a personal challenge for either her or her brother? You must know from the rest of the story.

The second and third one are:
2 - The チャレンジ精神 is I will make onii-chan look fashionable.
3 - If there is some T-shirt I like, can I buy it?

Did my besto.
>>
今日も一日がんばるぞい!
>>
What does this say? 悪気はない決してホモでもない
>>
File: 1491517329511.png (86KB, 756x574px) Image search: [Google]
1491517329511.png
86KB, 756x574px
>tfw was there on /a/ when DJT originally started
>it's now dying out and I'm still not fluent in Japanese
>>
>>73550039
probably
I mean I never intended to offend you and also I'm not homosexual
>>
File: 1481024121045.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481024121045.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>73550737
I FEAST ON YOUR FAILURE.
>>
File: 1428726906663.png (1MB, 1601x750px) Image search: [Google]
1428726906663.png
1MB, 1601x750px
>>73551340
It's been so many years now, I've improved a little but not enough for such a long time.
>>
File: 1479343260248.jpg (325KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
1479343260248.jpg
325KB, 600x887px
>>73551383

nothin personnel kid
>>
File: 1459880339331.jpg (318KB, 1564x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1459880339331.jpg
318KB, 1564x1200px
>>73550737
READ MORE
>>
>>73553621
I'm reading through maid dragon right now, I always get pumped up to learn when I go to Japan and then it slowly dies out until the next time I go back
>>
File: がんばるぞい.png (473KB, 535x479px) Image search: [Google]
がんばるぞい.png
473KB, 535x479px
>>73553663
Any reading is a good endeavour. The problem then is consistency? Lack of time?

Set goals: short term (for today, this week) and long term (for the month, year). Try to establish a reliable study routine, track how many days / weeks (depending on how busy you are) you're able to keep it up without slacking. Don't break the chain, remember your goals, and always look forward toward media / experiences you'll only be able to fully appreciate after future studies have been completed.
>>
Oh, I just remembered a question I had for a while. Is there a mobile app to help me read light novels? Kind of like OCR Manga Reader but for LN.
Also, what are some good newspapers to practice reading?
Finally, can anyone hook me up with good sources for manga?
>>
>>73554490
android:
typhon for epubs (the better app imo)
jadereader for txt
if you're using scanned pages just use ocr reader again

this news site has videos with transcripts below
http://www.fnn-news.com/

CoR
>>
>>73554490
>Is there a mobile app to help me read light novels? Kind of like OCR Manga Reader but for LN.
OCR should work with LN scans, no?

>Finally, can anyone hook me up with good sources for manga?
Nyaa, CoR, Madokami, random shady blogs like manga-zip.net (you'll want JDownloader or something of the sort for these)
>>
>>73554810
>OCR should work with LN scans, no?
Probably, but I prefer reading on epub
>Nyaa, CoR, Madokami, random shady blogs like manga-zip.net (you'll want JDownloader or something of the sort for these)
I see. How about LN? Where to get them?
>>
>>73555637
>I see. How about LN? Where to get them?
Same, but keep in mind that most LN rips are scans, not ebooks.
>>
File: boston-common-at-twilight.jpg (1MB, 1280x908px) Image search: [Google]
boston-common-at-twilight.jpg
1MB, 1280x908px
”しかしやはりこの楽曲は非常に歪みギターがフィーチャーされたダンスロックチューンと言えるでしょう。”

I just wanted to point out this sentence because something caught my eye that I thought was interesting. So, adverbs will attach to verbs, i-adjectives, and na-adjectives. Someone please correct me if they think I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain 非常に is attaching to 歪み, which is not strictly a na-adjective, but a noun that is adding an attribute to ギター and making a kind of informal "modern music world"-esque expression. 歪み however is just one of those participle-like nouns that most likely was implemented later on in history from the verb form. I just thought that was interesting, and would be interested if anyone has any insights or comments about this.
>>
>>73556574
I think 非常に is modifying 歪みギターがフィーチャーされた, which is in turn describing the ダンスロックチューン. "A dance rock tune where distorted guitars are featured to an unusual degree."
>>
File: 24.png (159KB, 605x307px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
159KB, 605x307px
I've seen は immediately before だ. How is this sentence allowed to exist and could some explain the grammar in it?
>>
>>73557158
Post the rest of the page.
>>
>>73556574
I feel it's a bit strange sentence, but I think 非常に is attaching to 言える like "well".
>>
File: 25.png (1MB, 1797x797px) Image search: [Google]
25.png
1MB, 1797x797px
>>73557470
>>
>>73557477
>>73556911

.. and with that, my confidence is gone lol. Thanks guys.

>>73557674

I don't think it's anything special, conversational Japanese will jumble sentence portions around. Waterworldというのはだぁ = "So, getting back to Water World... (after that digression with Yotsuba)". He's reestablishing the topic. Someone else can maybe go into more grammatical depth, but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>73523573
So, where exactly are we going to as a result of this?
>>
>>73559471
地獄
>>
>>73559471
The thread on the other board is perfectly fine so long as you learn to ignore certain posters
>>
>>73559471
Either we stay on the pre-existing on 日本語スレッド, we go to the autismfest that is the /jp/ DJT, or we scatter like dust on the wind, each free to travel their own path.
>>
>>73559669
Well, we don't have a choice, really, so... yeah, I guess that's it.
>>73559705
>or we scatter like dust on the wind, each free to travel their own path
I should hope that doesn't happen. We should at least join the discord. neA547g if anyone missed it.
>>
>>73553956
Consistency desu, plus for speaking in particular I already fucking hate talking to people in English so that doesn't help. Being able to read a manga volume faster than a few hours would be nice for sure.
>>
>>73559471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZbFcUGQue4
Closing time
You don't have to go home but you can't stay here
Closing time
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end
>>
So why does /jp/ have such a hard-on for hating on manga? I've seen quite a few posts there bashing manga, and also I've seen /int/anons complaining about /jp/ hating manga. What's that all about?
>>
>>73560857
Autism.
>>
>>73560857
do they give any specific reasons why? or just 'its not reading'
>>
>>73559471
Well considering this thread is still up, we would really only need 4-5 more regular posters to keep this thread going. Don't some of you guys have any friends you could ask who would like to start learning or who are already learning nip to join this thread here?

From what I can see, traffic hits a downtime during certain parts of the day, so the thread especially dies from lack of traffic from certain time zones. If we just solve that problem, we're good to stay on this DJT.
>>
>>73561318

I'll try to post more questions whenever I have them to help out. About the friends thing, you overestimate me.
>>
>>73561371
>About the friends thing, you overestimate me.
This.

My only friends are kanji
>>
File: 1491951097838.png (223KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491951097838.png
223KB, 500x500px
>>73561318
>Don't some of you guys have any friends
Not very close, and I already know they lack the discipline to do what i do everyday
I feel like this is not something you can ask another person to do, they do it entirely of their own volition, and fail or succeed that way as well. At most, I would point them to the guide.
>>
>>73561318
I have a friend who would like to learn japanese, but I've pointed him to the guide repeatedly and has done nothing with it. Safe to assume he lacks the motivation to actually learn. He'll blow his brains out before he can learn a hundred kanji.
>>
File: lotg.jpg (386KB, 2048x1305px) Image search: [Google]
lotg.jpg
386KB, 2048x1305px
I finally want to get into reading this long weekend.

Been learning about 2 years, still working through Anki (nearing 3000 words) and Tae Kim.

This kind of reading is my end goal. The book is even available in Japanese. When can I project to be able to read something like this?
>>
>>73530127
I didn't know I could get Vladimir Putin here
>>
>>73530127
Is that the last episode of Hyouka?
>>
>>73560857
Got a feeling it is one of the BR or NZ posters who has previously commented on how they would only ever read manga if without access to a computer.

With the lack of flags there is no doubt samefagging going on to make it appear as a wider held opinion, imo.
>>
File: 1469280178471.jpg (46KB, 518x432px) Image search: [Google]
1469280178471.jpg
46KB, 518x432px
>usual anki morning
>see 離陸
>immediately after that, 墜落
>>
>>73562263
>ス。。。ストップ!
>>
>>73561318
lead a horse to water but you can't make him suck your cock
I've known two people IRL who were initially into Japanese but refused to use anything beyond Genki, complained they couldn't read anything and selectively ignored everything about djt and the resources after both at different times emailing out of desperation for 'help' looking for manga, etc. They act all surprised when linked to the djt site, because it wasn't already linked a dozen times already then they act all thankful and say how it will be what gets them back into study. A month after radio silence
>I dropped Genki, going to put Japanese on hold

fuck people (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻
>>
i have a question about ほしがる because i really don't hear it that often
if i am talking to someone directly, do i have to use ほしがる or can i just say ほしい
e.g.
新しい車がほしいですか。
>>
>>73562472
If you're asking someone, I think it's okay, since this is one of the sample sentences on the DoJG
>あなたは今何が欲しいですか。
>>
>>73562472
ほしいですか is just fine. It's when you're talking to someone about a third person that you need to use ほしがる.

>彼は新しい車が欲しい
This is bad because you can't say with certainty that it is ほしい, only he himself can
>彼は新しい車を欲しがってる
This is fine because you aren't making any assumptions, you're just saying that he SEEMS to want one
>>
File: 26.png (559KB, 877x704px) Image search: [Google]
26.png
559KB, 877x704px
I get what she's saying but I don't understand the 見てもそう part. I get that the ても makes it "even when you see my attractive swimsuit figure" or something but not sure what the purpose of the そう is.

Also, why 言っていられる and not just 言える?
>>
>>73561654

I'd recommend you finish the translation, and find an original Japanese language version of it on CoR or wherever you can. Start reading it, use rikaisama, refer to the official translation, mine the frequent words, post difficult points on here for discussion, etc.

I'm not going to pretend like I know at what estimated time you're going to be able to read something like that, but trust me if you know the source material very well it's not as daunting to jump into as you think, especially with all the immediate resources available. If the English translation there is any indicator, the work is presupposing you have a large, adult-level amount of words at your disposal, but I definitely wouldn't you let that keep you from reading any longer.
>>
>>73562693
>私の魅惑の水着姿を見ても
Even if you see my captivating figure in a swimsuit,
>そう言っていられるかしら?
Will you [still] be able to be saying like that?

The そう doesn't have a と because it's not a direction quotation.
>>
>>73562141
Stop insulting NZ, it's not me. I do agree that it's probably just 1 or 2 people spamming the same thing though.
>>
>>73562877

Thanks.
>>
>>73523759
There is no BR gatekeeping the /jp/ thread. You've been fooled by some kind of delusional idiot.
>>
>>73562752
There's an anime with it too, I'm pretty familiar with at least the events in the first book for sure, that's why I picked it. English translation is 3/10 books so far and I doubt it's popular enough to be finished, maybe ever.

Should I start with the guide reading before jumping into it?
>>
>>73562405
>>73561605
>>73561529

Yeah I have the same experience with a few friends, I was just hoping that you guys had friends who were less normie than the ones I have.
>>
>>73535002
This hasn't been a problem in a couple weeks. And you're always going to get kneejerks when you mention your own interests, that's the resident autist lashing out at his anonemoose environment being polluted. It happened here with visual novels, which is why I went to /jp/.
>>
>>73562949
Well him or one of his lackeys are doing it, or else who is deleting half the posts from every thread, and why did I get a 3 day ban for stating an opinion breaking absolutely no rules? Gatekeeping is going on over there, enough said.
>>
>>73563205
You are literally delusional.
>>
>>73563205
So this is the face of paranoid schizophrenia. You might want to get medicated before it's too late, anon. If you don't get medicated soon enough you're going to reject the meds in your paranoia.
>>
>>73563205
>>73563219
>>73563237
This is truly the end of times for djt
>>
>>73562898
No need for the kneejerk reaction.
>>
>>73563219
>>73563237

How am I delusional? I literally saw a 50 post conversation disappear before my eyes and I got banned for 3 days. I was replying to someone who was asking for feedback about a grammar guide, but apparently only positive circlejerk opinions were demanded and any constructive criticism was deleted and the people giving it banned. How is this delusion you goddamned gatekeeping assholes?
>>
>>73563063

Is this your first venture into non-learning materials completely? Not even manga? Starting to read something, whatever it is, is probably the most important thing. You sound very familiar with this anime/franchise so it sounds like a good place to start. Guided readers I'm sure could be of good use, as they probably will expect less vocabulary, however you don't have their translation + strong familiarity to the material like you will with that book.
>>
this is the end beautjful friend
this is the end my only friend the end
of our elaborate thread the end
of everything that stands the end
No safety or surprise the end
i'll never look into your reply again
>>
>>73563414
>How am I delusional? I literally saw a 50 post conversation disappear before my eyes and I got banned for 3 days.
How aren't you delusional? You argued for like 50 posts and got banned just to get mad.
>>
>>73564072

I am glad you like The Doors at least, Japan man
>>
These kind of off-topic chatter might be why you guys got banned from /a/ guys
>>
>>73564156
No, me and 2-3 other people, and we were discussing the grammar guide someone asked feedback on. The grammar guide post is still on the thread, but all the replies got deleted. It's delusional and autistic to have a discussion now? You're the one who beeds introspection mate.
>>
>>73564217
even now the doors are popular ?
>>
>>73564615
needs*
>>
>>73564622

People actually know about The Doors in Japan? In America most young people don't give a fuck about classic rock
>>
>京都には沢山綺麗な場所があるから、京都に行こうと思っています。
Is this all grammatically correct?
>>
>>73564969

Looks like it. The second 京都 could be a little redundant, just my gaijin opinion.
>>
/djt/が死なないでください。
>>
>>73564969
I think it should be 綺麗な場所が沢山ある or 沢山の綺麗な場所がある
>>
>>73565136
沢山 can be used as an adverb meaning it doesn't require の. が沢山ある is also valid, I'm not sure which is considered more natural
>>
>>73565041
>>73564969
I'm not really sure, but shouldn't both clauses be in
丁寧語. から isn't like relative clauses, right ?
>>
>>73565190
If it's being used as an adverb I think it should be positioned before the ある. "沢山綺麗な場所がある" gives 8 google results. "綺麗な場所が沢山ある" gives 69,500. I'm not a native speaker but I think it sounds a lot more natural that way.
>>
>>73565136

Do you say this because it could look like the たくさん is modifying the 綺麗な?

>>73565192

They can be, I think. It's not a necessity though. I see short form for から (reason) clauses more than ます. から is more of a conjunction than a relative clause, if you mean relative clause in the sense of sticking a clause in front of a noun.
>>
>>73523573

I guess now is the time for me to start learning

I'll stick around if I have any questions
>>
>>73565192
Oh you're right. I believe with ので you're always meant to use short form but から can use either depending on intended formality. This is for a writing task that is supposed to use formal language, so sticking with 丁寧語 would be the right choice

>>73565304
>search results
makes sense, I'll switch it around
>>
>>73565306
>if you mean relative clause in the sense of sticking a clause in front of a noun

This is indeed what I meant. I was referring to how relative clauses need to be in the regular form.
Like " 眼鏡をかけている人" and not "眼鏡をかけています人".

I thought it would make sense to have the same level of language when connecting two clauses with から. I don't have too much experience with 丁寧語 since I'm only reading moe shit.
>>
>>73564969
you probably want both side to be in 〜ます form so..
~がありますから、京都に行こうと思っています
>>
I guess I'll here now since it's my last chance.

In a sentence like 「ここ家がいっぱいあるな」, is a の between ここ and 家 being elided, or is something else going on?
>>
File: confused.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>73565680
>I'll here
Had to fuck it up in the very last thread. Should say "ask".
>>
>>73565680
should be ここに家がいっぱいある... "there is a lot of houses here"
>>
>>73565718
It's called

Thread isn't dead yet. I still want to believe. Although it's probably only around cause it's the last thread.
>>
>>73561917
Im pretty sure it is
>>
>>73565737
Okay, thanks... that makes more sense. Is the original sentence grammatically correct, then, or was it just a mistake?

Also, in general, if you have two consecutive nouns, can it mean there's an elided の between them in a similar way to English noun adjuncts?

>>73565771
If only autosage didn't exist...
>>
>>73565842
its very colloquial and not something you should do when writing a paper or something

what do you mean by two consecutive noun? got an example?
>>
>>73565900
Like, 学校人 for someone who's in school, for example (or in English, the noun "college" in describing "college student"). Does that not happen? I can imagine it would mess up kanji readings.
>>
>>73565825
Oh hey, are you the other Argie anon? The one who's mom was Japanese?
>>
>>73565995
I'm not the Argie you're talking about(My mum's not jap). But I've been regularly visiting DJT for a couple months
>>
>>73565977
ah, i get what you mean now. well, in that example it should be 大学生 or you can also say 大学の学生 (which not a lot use)

so, it depends. sometimes it works cause there's a specific word for it and other times you sometimes need a の to connect
>>
>>73564770
>People actually know about The Doors in Japan?

the doos song are known as opening song of Apocalypse Now
>>
File: 28.png (411KB, 1093x473px) Image search: [Google]
28.png
411KB, 1093x473px
Is he saying something like "The ones that keep a little excess fat on their waists are maniacs and good" (で used to mean "and")

Or is he saying something like "The ones that keep a little excess fat on their waists are maniacs, which are okay with me" (でもいい condition structure being used, も omitted)
>>
>>73566312
Shouldn't there be a も in between で and いい for that to be the case?
>>
>>73566411
>(でもいい condition structure being used, も omitted)
I think he mentioned it could be omitted. Are you trying to say it can't be omitted?
>>
>>73566312
He's not calling them maniacs, he's describing how he feels about girls having extra fat around the waist. The word is not used the same way that we use it in English. It means something like "the object of obsession."

So マニアックでいい means maniac and good. But I wouldn't translate it using the actual word maniac. It's something like "A girl having a little bit of extra meat on the waist really gets my motor running."
>>
>友達は「人は電車に押し込んでいた」と言っていました。
>そんなことを起こりたくない。

Is そんな appropriate in this context or should it be こんな? Or is it all completely wrong?
>>
>>73566474
Not sure at all, but maybe you should use あんなこと, since it seems the speaker has never been in that situation.
>>
>>73563420
Yes it will be my first venture. I don't particularly care for Manga or really anime that much, this particular I watched because it was an adapted novel.

Is this really the end of /djt/?
>>
>>73566465

Do you think the の in のが in the example is a pronoun for women, or a nominalization of the sentence? Or, probably a better question, do the Japanese even differentiate?

僕は肉がちょっと余っているのがいいよ, kind of like 好きだ or 嫌いだ would be, are ultimately describing what the speaker thinks and not objective attributes to the が marked subject. This has made me realize how it can be difficult to direct the contents of an adjective to the subject or the speaker, if you're not familiar enough with said adjectives.
>>
>>73566864
It is a nominalization of the sentence. A literal translation would be like this:
>ウエストに肉がちょっと余ってるのがマニアックでいいよな
Meat being a little in excess at the waist is maniac and good, huh?

マニアック in Japanese is kind of like how weebs might use the word "moe" in English.
>>
>>73566474
>友達は「人"は"電車に押し込んでいた」と言っていました
maybe you want to say
友達は「人"を"電車に押し込んでいた」と言ってました。

>そんなことを起こりたくない
it doesnt make sense
>>
There seems to be a trend of anon's on the discord
>>
>>73566696
>を
そうか

>it doesnt make sense
does
>私にそんなことを起こりたくない
make sense? I'm trying to say "I don't want that to happen to me"
>>
>>73567036
>"I don't want that to happen to me"
わたしはそんなめにあいたくない(私はそんな目に遭いたくない)

友達は「人を電車に押し込んでいた」と言ってました。
私はそんな目に遭いたくないです。
>>
How hard is 黒?
It's the first thing I've actually read and I've managed to read the firsst volume in about a week pretty easily, just looking for interesting things that might be at the same difficulty level.
>>
File: hatsumoude_usagi.png (257KB, 628x726px) Image search: [Google]
hatsumoude_usagi.png
257KB, 628x726px
>>73567165
ありがとう
>>
>>73567255
welcome >(・∀・)b
>>
>>73566128
Okay, I see. So an example of this would be 全体 in 「秋には山全体が紅葉する」, I think.

>>73566745
>Is this really the end of /djt/?
Well, there's /jp/ if you want, but I'm hopping onto the discord and hoping that takes off.
>>
Why is /djt/ going to be kill? Is it just because it's not active enough or is there some drama shit?
>>
>>73567414
or not enough drama
quick lets you and me smash 罵るながら
>>
>>73567414
I think a bit of both.

>>73567356
>Well, there's /jp/ if you want, but I'm hopping onto the discord and hoping that takes off.
I'll probably go to both.

we refugees now
>>
File: file.png (17KB, 65x117px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17KB, 65x117px
pls help identifying this
I can manage to understand 地球人 and "gamble" but that's it
>>
>tfw discord has usernames
>tfw you get a reputation based on how stupid the questions you ask are
イヤアアアアア(´・ω・`)
>>
>>73567509
nice
>>
>>73567509
yeah its totally not irc with inline images and voice
everything old is new again
>>
>>73567414
It doesn't hae to be kill, we can certainly remake it when this one dies and see if this traffic holds up. I won't post on the /jp/ one because if you post an opinion which is only slightly out of line for the BR autist over there, you simply get banned with no explanation. Not the kind of atmosphere that entices you to participate.
>>
>80 words left
>just came home
>eyes hurt
I'm weak djt
>>
>>73567577
just lightly bash the wife to pick yourself up, then dive into it
>>
To say close, as in "the store closed at night"
終わる?閉まる?
>>
>>73567477
文明が進んでいてな
地球人などギャンブルのコマにすぎない

進 might be something else
>>
>>73567656
閉店する
>>
>>73566948

Hmm, in a way your literal translation is confusing me more, but confusion always precedes a better understanding so I'm glad lol. マニアック is ultimately describing what the speaker thinks about the subject, however it's presented as an adjectival attribute, much like いい or 好き... in that way, like most Japanese, it's less forward or direct in describing how you feel about something.. and I think that's what is causing me to overthink this.
>>
>>73567657
yeah, that's exactly it
thank you so much

just this コマ isn't making much sense
>>
okay djt

lets see your scribbles

dont be shy
>>
>>73567674
店を閉店する? 店が〜?
>>
imagine unironically wasting time writing kanjis
>>
>>73567786
Imagine unironically writing kanji with a "s" at the end.
>>
File: IMG_5365.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5365.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>73567759
>>
File: 5886577.jpg (387KB, 1356x1050px) Image search: [Google]
5886577.jpg
387KB, 1356x1050px
>>73567759
Can't scribble that neatly.
>>
>>73567759
What kind of pen is that? Your lines are so fine.
>>
>>73567780
I think both are fine. You can also use 閉める and 閉まる. And another option is to use 閉店 as a noun to describe the store.
>店が閉店した / 店が閉まった
The store closed
>店を閉店した / 店を閉めた
I closed the store
>店は閉店だ
The store is closed
>>
This is Japanese content of the highest quality, fresh for your academic consumption.

Enjoy.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1491975937084.webm
>>
>>73567821
No better camera?

>>73567834
It's all in the organization, it took a little while but I have a nice system now for practicing.

>>73567919
これはぺんです
Muji had a sample outlet in Vancouver, I bought three of these and I've used 2 up already. They are great, doesn't leak, glides easily. I don't like to write Japanese without it anymore.
>>
File: 1457811126595.jpg (211KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457811126595.jpg
211KB, 400x400px
>>73567786
>>
>>73568814
kek
>>
わたしのにほんごわじょずだか。
>>
>>73569430

Holy shit I actually think this guy is gonna make it
>>
>>73567805
Kanjizz
>>
>>73569430
漢字を使えぞ!
>>
>>73569568
滕闌孳盧膩濆麌鐶耡圖懦變
>>
>>73569655
漢字がありすぎる(´・ω・`)
>>
京都で、すごい建築ですから寺院を行きたい。
>In kyoto, I want to go to temples because the architecture is incredible
Is it okay to use a から reason like above when the sentence starts with a location separate to the reason clause? It feels wrong
>>
>>73570133
>寺院を行きたい
You want to do what to a temple now?
>>
>>73570133
すごい建築ですから、京都で寺院を行きたい。
This makes more sense, but is it correct or is there something else wrong?
>>
>>73570167
oh whoops pretend that's a に
ごめん
>>
Does anyone here actually practice writing kanji? I feel like it helps me remember the kanji better but it uses up so much time. Writing it feels pretty cool too though I guess
>>
>>73570209
見に行きたい
どう?
>>
>>73570211
>Does anyone here actually practice writing kanji?
Only when I can't seem to get a word to stick.
>>
Does anyone know Japanese footballers?
I like Shinji Kagawa.
>>
>>73570238
You're right, that fits better
どうも
>>
>>73570266
I like 織田信長. He is my favourite Carps player; they're going to win the B.League this year for sure.
>>
What's the equivalent to saying something casual like "oic" or "Gotcha" to a nihonjin online? I feel like そうか or even そうですね is way too neckbeardy.
>>
>>73570495
わかった
>>
>>73570495
了解
>>
Did you guys over here hear about Sakubi yet?
>>
>>73570495
ラジャ?
>>
>>73570739
(・_・)???
>>
>>73570495
OK
>>
>>73570495
>>
>>73570739
is that the grammar guide being written by some anon on /jp/?

>>>/jp/16850361

anons trying to reinvent the wheel for the millionth time by trying to put together their own opinionated amateur guide and ego stamp on the world. TK grammar guide+VJG and the grammar dictionaries are going to be better than anything some anon is going to cobble together

the strong point of the op guide, it doesn't try to teach instead explaining and providing already far superior resources. The last thing beginners need is some form of Imabi lite which throws around phrases like
>Don't think. Feel. Then think about what you're feeling.
after making the introduction
>this guide was created in a very short period of time, and the original author is not a native speaker of japanese, so it's likely to have mistakes in it. Therefore, you shouldn't take it as gospel, and it's being released to the public domain so that anyone can fix any mistakes and redistribute it without restriction. DO NOT make flashcards out of this guide

Just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>73571897
idk man sounds good to me
>>
really need to change rikai to j-j
when i first used it for 赤い i see the communist example and when reading people blushing i just get unnecessarily political about it
>>
>>73570495
おk
>>
Yesterday i did my core deck and grammar deck and heisig deck and learned new shit in all of that aswell, hoping to continue this success today.

also i love timeboxing with anki it's great, if any one has focus problems i suggest using this study method.
>>
>>73574385
>Yesterday
I love this meme
>>
File: 20161213091504.gif (1MB, 498x620px) Image search: [Google]
20161213091504.gif
1MB, 498x620px
>>73523573
this thread is the last on /int/
good bye, Dekinaichans
>>73523740
>>73523900
i say often
you should leave /int/ to /jp/
>>73523760
loling
On /int/, there is alredy 日本語スレッド as Japan General, you know
>>73523900
> /jp/ DJT thread is full of autists
kek out loud
/jp/ one is better tham /int/
however, both are full of stupid autists
>>
File: medium.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
medium.gif
1MB, 300x169px
日本語スレは/int/に二ついらない
別の板なら干渉しあわない
come to JP
>>73524745
答えているのは、ほとんどばんちゅ屋なんだけどね
>>73524959
チョンコ帰れ
>>73526421
>I was the one reporting generals
and me?
kek out loud
you never come to JT
>>73526693
loling
it's you
>>
File: f170209_kemono_1.jpg (109KB, 490x273px) Image search: [Google]
f170209_kemono_1.jpg
109KB, 490x273px
over 310
this thread shall be ruined soon
Patuya say Bye to it
>>73530484
if you want to be learning Japanese,
come to JP, our thread
>>73533629
いっそ、嘘ばかり教えている君も、DJT on /int/と心中してください
>>
>>73576796
>kemono
説明してくれませんか
>>
Bye guys!
>>
Has /djt/ been on /jp/ this whole time? What were the /int/ threads for?
can I get a quick rundown before the thread dies onegai
>>
>>73578232
Containing the /pol/ rejects and the people that the /jp/ moderation hates
>>
>>73578232
>Has /djt/ been on /jp/ this whole time?
No, a mod over there would delete them with a fiery zeal
>What were the /int/ threads for?
it was the initial d position, right into your life, from /a/
>>
>>73578268
But these /int/ threads aren't active enough so it's just staying on /jp/ completely now?

>>73578303
Did anything change to stop the mod from deleting them?
>>
>>73578323
>But these /int/ threads aren't active enough so it's just staying on /jp/ completely now?
It's not like it's anybody's decision mate. If you want to keep posting /int/ threads, more power to you.
>>
File: 1467386794473.jpg (44KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
1467386794473.jpg
44KB, 640x366px
>>73578323
>Did anything change to stop the mod from deleting them?
evidently so
The actively level of these threads are dropping for a reason, this thread is the attractor for the normals who take holidays with so called friends and family, without access to net, sometimes for hours or even days at time
can you imagine that shit
>>
おはよう、DJT!
>>
>>73578631
午後10:40時間なのに
>>
>>73578830
こっちは午前7:45 時間ですよ
>>
bye bye
>>73577235
獣 beast
zitto miro beast animu

come to JP
>>73574439
>>73575280
ask me what you want to be taught there
if you know something about Japanese
>>73578631
>this thread shall be ruined soon
>>73578830
さすが、オーストラリア
日本との時差が少ない
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.