[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /int/ I live in Sacramento, California, and I plan on making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: landoftheslightlylessfree.png (729KB, 2602x1952px) Image search: [Google]
landoftheslightlylessfree.png
729KB, 2602x1952px
Hey /int/
I live in Sacramento, California, and I plan on making a backpacking trip across Europe this summer.
It'll be my first time out of the country, but I'm young, fit, and knowledgeable about the outdoors; I've been camping and traveling for most of my adult life.
My only problem is that I don't know exactly HOW to plan it; I have a general idea what to do, but i have a month, and i don't want to plan it so i can't make it to my destination in time, or have way too much time left over when i get there.
I want to start in Spain, either Barcelona, or Madrid, then go up into Barcelona, and keep traveling north through France.
On my agenda is visiting my cousin in Switzerland, where he will be doing an internship at CERN.

So basically just backpacking across a continent general? What kind of travel can I expect to reliably find? I'll have a budget of about $1000 US, but I'm fine with walking and camping, and I'm familiar with hostels, so what about food?

What are all of your experiences with a similar trip?
>>
>>73508274

>1000 dollars
>month

You retarded brah?
>>
>>73508697
What do you mean? I don't plan on staying in hostels much, I'm going to do a lot of walking, and I have family to visit. I lived as a homeless vagrant for about 3 months in the states with almost NO money, so I don't see why I wouldn't last a while in europe with more, that's actually the whole point. I don't want it to be easy, i want it to be interesting and fun
>>
>>73509642
2 weeks in Western Europe usually take ~1k EUR for me, what is already more than 1k USD. But if you ate at supermarkets and didn't stay at hotels, it would probably be ok.
>>
Start in Portugal
>>
>>73508274
>My only problem is that I don't know exactly HOW to plan it
Pretty easy. Europe, unlike the USA, has a good public transport system. You can just travel by train from country to country. Look for tourist options at railway sites.
>>
Advice : don't go to Provence, it's full of maghrebis
>>
>>73510179
See, that's a big one I was thinking about. I do know that you all have a kickass transit system, so I want to know how to utilize it to it's fullest. Isn't there some kind of card you can fill with money for transit thru the whole EU?
>>
>>73510989
no.
there are pass type things but you'd do better to book whatever ticket you need specifically. also flying can be quite cheap.

rome2rio.com is quite gud
>>
>>73511112
This is another good point, if anyone has a REALLY good resource for searching flights that'd be awesome. I'll check that one out too
>>
>>73508274
>I'll have a budget of about $1000
Just use cheap airlines like Ryanair and EasyJet and don't bother with trains. Trains are more expensive and they're slower. Why even bother.
>>
>>73511288
skyscanner to find airlines/routes
specific carriers websites to find the cheapest dates

few off the top of my head: easyjet, ryanair, norweigan, wizzair

best window for cheap flights is about 3 months ahead of when you are flying.
>>
>>73511433
Well, you have better view and could in theory hopp off if you so decided. If you just need to go from country A to B sanic fast, planes are far superior.
>>
>>73511472
Oh, you need to only have a carry on bag tho. If you're planning to check luggage forget it.

Coaches can be cheap also.
>>
You can find very cheap bus trajects through France if you book early
>>
File: 1489899162533.gif (2MB, 252x448px) Image search: [Google]
1489899162533.gif
2MB, 252x448px
>>73508274
Spain is cheap, so if you have time you can start in Madrid. France and Switzeland will be much more expensive tho.
Bus through France are getting quite cheap since we recently opened our market to private companies.
The EU has an
Otherwise about food ,since you're alone it should be good
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.