[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Trek is the way to go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: data.gif (126KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
data.gif
126KB, 500x750px
How do we make Star Trek happen /int/?
I would rather be out there exploring space than dealing with the petty bullshit of our current reality.
>money the whole focus of out existence
>power struggles between powerless pseudo leaders
>petty wars for petty reasons
Why are so many people around us so small minded?
>>
>>73465870
I shoud've used a sexy star trek girl.
Would've gotten instant replies.
>>
genetically engineer people into high-IQ, medium-agreeable, socially liberal and empathetic individuals
>>
>>73465870
Eugenics and full communism
>>
>>73465870
No. the way to go is Start Kek
>>
>>73466373
>>73466402
>genetically engineer people
>Eugenics
What is wrong with the current people populating the planet that you think it needs changing?

I know that there are a lot of stupid people out there but i don't think that it is a genetic thing as much as it is something else.

I would accredit a lot of that stupidity to the failings of education and society in general.Many governments produce low quality citizens so they can establish control and exploit them with ease.
>>
>>73466373
>empathetic individuals
Empathy is not as well regarded as it should be.Great point about empathy being very important actually.
>>
>>73466636
that's true to a large extent but we also know that heritability of various traits is also very high. I just don't see the world with people as they are getting along well enough to set up interplanetary federations

people seem to be becoming less tribalistic on average as time goes on though
>>
>>73467375
I think that you are simply looking at it trough our current world's perspective.

Remember that in star trek there is no such thing as money or hunger.

Maybe we need those two things to occur first in order to build up.
>>
>>73465870
Before utopia there were gene wars on earth.
The eugenics autists lost, obviously, and last few supermen got deported to what was assumed would be a garden world.
>>
File: khan.jpg (31KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
31KB, 250x380px
>>73467735
So you think that we need to get there the hard way?
>>
>>73465870
Carl Sagan believed our destiny is to become space faring

From how's the world shaped now, I don't see it happening anytime soon
>>
>>73467925
We have the resources.We have the basic knowledge.

The problem is that small minded leaders are trying to stay in power and divide those resources that could be pooled into a great planetary effort.
>>
>>73467513
oh absolutely, lack of scarcity definitely changes a lot of things. the point is what it takes to achieve a post-scarcity society in the first place

a lot of people seem much less optimistic about that than they used to be in the 80s and early 90s with the west and western mores and values basically reigning supreme with absolutely certainty and all that
>>
>>73468156
>oh absolutely, lack of scarcity definitely changes a lot of things. the point is what it takes to achieve a post-scarcity society in the first place
Ok, so we know where we need to get...
How do we get there?There are people who are opposing this as we speak.
I mean can you imagine a world where money had no meaning?
What would all the Trumps and Putins of the world do?
>>
>>73467917
I should hope not. But I do fear that people are not appreciative of the good things until they've experienced abundance of bad ones.
>>
>>73466402
what's wrong with space communism
>>
>>73473299
Nothing?
Depending on your understanding of communism.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.