[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a New England town. It has all the powers that cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: town.jpg (4MB, 1699x1130px) Image search: [Google]
town.jpg
4MB, 1699x1130px
This is a New England town.

It has all the powers that cities do in most places. It can generally make its own laws, raise its own revenues (or not), etc., so long as it doesn't violate state law or the state constitution.

Its laws are decided by town meeting, which is an annual gathering of all citizens who choose to participate.

Its people mostly live around this compact center, where most of the businesses and services also are. It's possible to walk to most of them.

There is a train station that goes to a major city fifteen minutes away by car.

There is only one bus stop, and it doesn't go anywhere anybody but an ailing retiree would want to go.

The people mostly get along be being private but civic-minded. They don't like to talk with each other and spend most of their time to themselves, but they pay their taxes and expect there to be strong institutions and many government services available for convenience and necessity.

Some people are religious but nobody talks about religion.

Some people are political but nobody talks about politics.

There are a lot of English, French, and Irish people living there. Most people are of two or more ancestries. There are also some Italians, Jews, Muslims, African-Americans, Hispanics (Caribbean, not Mexican), Polish, Portuguese, and Greeks. The latter run the pizza place.

The school system is well-funded and well-administered. Most people have college degrees. Educational achievement is respected and intellectual authority is deferred to in areas of relevant expertise. People keep lots books in their houses.

As soon as you leave the borders of this town, you enter another town just like it. Almost every part of New England is part of one town or another.

So, /int/, where did America go wrong? It could have all been like this.
>>
>reddit spacing

shan't be reading this novel of a post
>>
>>73444652
>shan't
fake and gay
>>
>>73444652
>shan't
fake and gay
>>
>>73444574
It went wrong when faggots like you were let out of the asylums and prisons.
>>
>>73444652
O I shan't either, lad.

What an utter nonce
>>
Ghosts tend to haunt these places or so I've heard.

Comfy none the less.
>>
>>73444574
Worst accents and personality in the country. Meeting old stock WASPS cured me of antisemiticism. Better a funny pervert Jew ruling class than some ruling class consisting of hectoring schoolmarm lesbians.
>>
>>73444574
Sounds boring.
>>
>>73444721
>implYin' BAWston ain't FULla Jooz
>>
File: image.png (75KB, 320x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75KB, 320x285px
>>73444721
>tfw an old stock hectoring schoolmarm WASP lady will never beat you off while scolding you for your arousal
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.