[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where they so bad? Anyone of the germAnons here remember these times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: flag_ddr.jpg (11KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
flag_ddr.jpg
11KB, 400x240px
Ostalgie is a truth or a meme?
>>
File: ampGeher_Glasstruktur.jpg (754KB, 1575x1575px) Image search: [Google]
ampGeher_Glasstruktur.jpg
754KB, 1575x1575px
>>73338203
meme
>>
>>73338226
I just watched ''Goodbye Lenin'' and i'm now fascinated with all this DDR stuffs. It seem a good working system under Honecker. At least better than current situation of the former East Landers
>>
>>73338203
It was awful but different kind of awful.
>>
>>73338663
Wasn't the wealthiest commie country?
>>
>>73338716
Yes, but it was still much more poorer than an average capitalist European country.
>>
>>73338203
The secret services Stasi and KGB were bad.
The economy was okay in the beginning. It's just simply impossible to keep up competition with this system. Obviously it failed.

It had siginfitiant advantages for families and lifestyle though. Most things were free and it caused families to boom during this period.

t. Leipzig anon
>>
>>73338280
if there would have not been this enormous surveillance apparatus, lots of people would've continued to live this way. You had your safe job and you didn't have to care about any family or educational related things. There were afternoon programs for children, even free class trips. It was easier for parents to stay productive.
>>
There was better solidarity between people. You knew all your neighbors. You did barbeque with them. And if your neighbor had a problem, you help him out in the best way possible. It was an entirely different mindset, as you already got told in school that you only live for the society and that it only works if all work towards this goal.
>>
>tfw you realize communism left a bigger impact on the German psyche then fascism
>>
>>73338203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf11XwFX5Fc

Leipzig was Germany's biggest city once. We are not even close to what once was.
>>
>>73340458
This, so much this. Unironically I just watched some old east german and czechoslovakian films today. It seems that these countries were more advanced than mine, but I find a lot of similarities in the nice stuff - solidarity, security, even the humor in these films was specific... not vulgar like in the western films from that time... Feels bad to be born in People's Republic of Bulgaria but never get to experience the real thing.
>>
File: 1376331793968.jpg (138KB, 414x600px) Image search: [Google]
1376331793968.jpg
138KB, 414x600px
>>73340934
>>73340458
>>73340076
We can rebuild it!
>>
>>73341115
nah, it's too late
people fell for the consumerism and "muh gdp" memes
we'll rebuild it when the whites become extinct from europe
>>
File: 1484838756879.png (232KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484838756879.png
232KB, 1200x720px
>>
>>73338203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KxGmDnCDRA

That's a pretty good documentary from the late 70's from Berlin. It has it's advantages, if you can see over consumerism.
>>
>>73341411
Seems comfy but it seriously isn't a sustainable system
>>
>>73347053
It's not the issues of the system itself. It is sustainable, if everybody goes with it. If anytime there is no competitors, only reaching hands.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.