[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans such frenchboos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0219.jpg (32KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0219.jpg
32KB, 231x218px
Why are Americans such frenchboos?
>>
I am not a Frenchboo and I don't even know Frenchboos.

That said I think for a long time France had a reputation of supposedly having a lot of culture and history. Really all nations have culture/history but because we live in such a Eurocentrist society we see European history and culture as the best one. And since France is in the middle of rich people Europe, then it must be super culture/history right??

Yeah bullshit. But it is how people were raised for fucking decades before America started to realize that brown history/culture matters too.
>>
You are? What about the freedom fries incident?
>>
File: 1436020487267.jpg (23KB, 236x355px) Image search: [Google]
1436020487267.jpg
23KB, 236x355px
>>73224154
A real American would know
>>
File: Laughing Patricians.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Patricians.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>73224274
>brown history/culture matters too
>>
File: beauty. hate..jpg (102KB, 960x749px) Image search: [Google]
beauty. hate..jpg
102KB, 960x749px
>>73224274
Brown people don't really have much history or culture that's worth discussing. Is a little ridiculous to compare a genetic garbage can of a country like Liberia to the country that invented cinema and has more Nobel Prizes in literature than any other nation
>>
>>73225216

The nobel prize is a European award. Its not some standard from God. Same with "inventing cinema". Who cares? Cinema? Something you famously generally need to be rich to break into? That's not real culture. But once again, Americans associate "shit rich white people do" with "culture".

The heart of American culture is brown. American history? Brown (Native American). And white people don't like that so they look to rich white people of Europe instead.
>>
>>73224274
Yeah...no.
It actually comes from 1920's France. And before too, France was always a "cultural power" (I don't know how to say it).
Not anymore though.
>>
File: 1403476464835.jpg (7KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1403476464835.jpg
7KB, 238x250px
>>73227537
>tfw european culture will never be relevant again
>>
>>73227537
And in the beginning of the USA the country was more exposed to french culture due to our relationship. Just like how America always represented opportunity and progress in France, we were exposed to american culture
>>
>>73227685
Don't make me feel...
>>
File: palin_wat.jpg (49KB, 483x322px) Image search: [Google]
palin_wat.jpg
49KB, 483x322px
>>73227685
>Serbia is a member state of the Francophonie.
>>
>>73227755
influence of the french culture on pre-ww1 serbia was extremely big. you could barely find any remotely educated serb who didn't speak french (most of them spoke german as well), the french help in ww1 only increased the cult of france. but it all died with the commies.
>>
>>73227842
Oh yeah. You wrote a post ages ago in a thread with the subject 'what language did your elite speak' about it.
>>
>>73225419
I'm sure it's very comforting to believe that, but America was founded by and for Europeans, Europeans who violently excluded brown people from any significant form of participation in American society, politics, or culture for the overwhelming majority of the nation's history. There's a reason why the American settlers were literate Christians who spoke English and built cities instead of living in a teepee.

Also, why do you keep using "rich" like it's somehow a derogatory term when discussing culture? Rich white people are the demographic responsible for the greatest cultural and intellectual artifacts this planet has ever produced. Their wealth allowed the leisure to produce Culture, real Culture like novels and symphonies, not spicy food and shitty pop music
>>
>>73227913
i don't think it was me.

one more thing: the most talented students were sent either to paris or berlin. after their education they became either francophiles or germanophiles (being nicknamed "parizlije" or "nemačkari"). when prussia and france went to war in 1870, two groups were actively lobbying for serbian entrance to war (either on french or prussian side).
>>
>>73227931
you're confusing popular culture with what endures in the long term

The working class masses have never been consumers of the works which pseuds get superiority boners over.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.