[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Modern architecture Can we get a hate thread going.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

>Modern architecture
Can we get a hate thread going.
>>
I blame the millennials
>>
Frank Ghery is probably the biggest hack in todays world of architecture. I can only think of 2 projects that he has ever designed that werent shit.
>>
File: Walt_Disney_Concert_Hall_2013.jpg (2MB, 4453x2353px) Image search: [Google]
Walt_Disney_Concert_Hall_2013.jpg
2MB, 4453x2353px
>>73213131
>>
Brutalist architecture killed the new world
>>
File: you will never live here3.jpg (421KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
you will never live here3.jpg
421KB, 2000x2000px
Literally nothing wrong with modern architecture
>>
>>73213701
It's not that bad a commie block
>>
File: SOH2.gif (201KB, 1185x388px) Image search: [Google]
SOH2.gif
201KB, 1185x388px
What idiot designed this piece of crap lol
>>
>>73213454

If that was a unique plan I'd be ok with it. It's a kind of a freaky concept and fits, say, concert halls where avant garde music or theatre is to be performed.

What I really hate is that he builds the same gimmicky building in different countries, completely killing the concept's novelty and sense of purpose.
>>
>>73214100
there LA philharmonic and opera is housed there. totally opposite of avant garde.. when it first got built the panels were reflecting the light and heated up the nearby buildings/apts 15 degrees or so hotter, so they had to fix the whole shit up
>>
>>73213701

I don't like how the stability and firmness implied by the blocky structures is rendered moot by the overall design; I wouldn't feel safe living there τβη.

>>73213966

What is bad about the Sydney Opera house is that its acoustics are total crap. You'd expect the architects and engineers to have done some more research on that in the middle of the 20th century.
>>
File: swgtrhwegtregtfrd.jpg (185KB, 554x800px) Image search: [Google]
swgtrhwegtregtfrd.jpg
185KB, 554x800px
>>73213966
Its actually hideous. Why we didn't just keep improving old European architecture and building much larger designs is a shame. Imagine if pic was a massive opera house today seeing it would be beautiful every time.
>>
>>73214100
It reflects light and melts cars supposedly. Archimedes would be proud.
>>
>>73214412
>falling for the Welthauptstadt Germania meme
>>
>>73214279
>>73214463

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/how-london-skyscraper-can-melt-cars-set-buildings-fire-8c11069092

Apparently it's a feature of contemporary architecture.
>>
>>73214412
>beautiful

No, because it's a mongrel, neo-classicism makes no sense because it does not look for newer ways of designing a building, yet still uses modern "alternatives" in construction, often times going away from the norms of the certain architectural style, which creates a bland mongrel

It doesn't create a strong influence because the only thing it's got for it is the massive size these buildings would have had, however they would not have created a new point of view and possibly a current in architecture
>>
>>73213317
His real name: Frank Goldberg

kek
>>
File: 1024x490_mhmd_kopfgrafik.jpg (321KB, 1024x490px) Image search: [Google]
1024x490_mhmd_kopfgrafik.jpg
321KB, 1024x490px
>>73213131
Worst part is when they touch old structures...
>>
What I dislike about many cases of contemporary architecture is that it lacks a sense of scale.

Buildings in the shapes of fruit, cutlery or sex toys; see them without their urban environments and there's nothing to indicate that you're looking at a skyscraper and not an office lamp or a paper weight.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.