[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Australians misanthropic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0074.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.png
11KB, 420x420px
Why are Australians misanthropic?
>>
Because it's not illegal. Yet.
>>
>>73195930
We're a cultureless mix of Britain and America without the prime European geography of the U.K or the freedoms of America. Our country is a figurative and literal barren wasteland.
>>
File: IMG_0062.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>73195948
Why do Australians lack basic freedoms?
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (233KB, 961x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
233KB, 961x816px
>>73195998
So sorry, Bruce
>>
>>73196008
Being a large country that cannot sustain a large population, we were able to leverage that extra space to get rich off of the mineral wealth, as well as being able to produce a lot of agricultural products for export, and being an English speaking country we also 'export' tertiary education.

Those three things made us the wealthy country with the high standard of living we are today.

Politicians were able to take credit for and get re-elected on the ever-improving economic situation to push through their social policies and take away our freedom.

Now, I'm no laissez-faire lolbertarian, but our prosperity has very little to do with the government. We would've had to have an amazingly incompetent government not to become rich.

>tl;dr all politicians are scumbags and crooks
>>
File: IMG_0071.png (31KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0071.png
31KB, 420x420px
>>73196215
Why don't Australians replace the old, corruptible representative system with an electronic democracy system?
>>
>>73196333
Our system works relatively well, I wouldn't really call it corrupt. Most people here look at America as a much more corrupt system.

Also, I don't see democracy as an inherently good system by itself. You can't vote on a right, just like you can't vote on facts.

If we allowed a vote on loosening restrictions on guns for instance, most people would vote for the status quo simply because they're ignorant of the current laws but they don't see much gun crime so they figure it must be working, right? This is regardless of the arguments for or against, but it's a lot easier to emotionally manipulate people when you're against guns than for.

The best system of government in my mind is a mixed system with elements of direct and representative democracy, technocracy, authoritarian rule, etc.
>>
File: IMG_0049.png (7KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0049.png
7KB, 480x480px
>>73196541
What is your most liked immigrant group? Most hated?
>>
>>73196728
Lebanese are probably the most hated. They're probably responsible for most of the gun crime in Sydney at least. South Sudanese are a pretty small minority, but they seem to be obsessed with taking the top spot though.

For whites, Polish and Germans are good people. For non-whites, our South East Asian immigrants are pretty decent, the largest communities are Filipinos and Vietnamese. Sri Lankans also integrate pretty well.
>>
>>73196728
For the average Australian, the most hated would be Chinks and Arabs, and the most liked would be Anglos.

I personally hate Africans the most and like Anglos the most.
>>
>>73196071
Canada is the same, but they manage to be nice. Might be the different environment
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.