[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Russian culture that unpopular in the West? We have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 52

Why is Russian culture that unpopular in the West? We have a great civilization and great culture, like India or China, but westerners seem to know nothing about us except some our 19th century writers (majority of whom just copied French novels and belonged to aristocracy, not the real Russian people). Wtf? We have:
Great cuisine
Great soviet cinema
Great literature, especially poetry
Great music
Great history
Unique architecture
Exotic eastern religion

But no one gives a fuck. And meanwhile Chinese, Japanese or Indian culture are way more popular in the West despite us being on the same level of development and exoticism with them.
>>
>>73158980
You guys don't greed much and immigantion en masse or produce meme media (anime).
>>
>>
>>73158980
I actually know plenty of russophiles (as in people who are really interested in Russian culture and literature, not edgy Putinboos)
>>
>>73158980
No you are definitely more popular than Indians or Chinese, plenty of people love Russia and want to visit it i assure you

You don't really have good food though no stop lying i visited Russia it was great but no food
>>
>>73158980
>Great cuisine
You can find different variations of russian cuisine in its neighbouring cumts
>Soviet cinema
No translations, also russki cinema looks kinda abstract to me
>Poetry
Only commies and bourgoise give two shits about poetry these days
>music and history
No argument there
>architechture
Average eastern yuropeen byzantine knock off arhitechture and commieblocks
>"""""""exotic""""""" eastern religion
Its just another sect of christianity m8

Anyway i still like russian culture
>>
>>73159092
>immigantion en masse
Is huge actually, there are millions of Russians in USA, Germany. Quarter of Israel are Russian Jews. And tons of Russians move abroad now because of crisis. It's just a recent thing, we started moving abroad only in 90s and didn't really moved abroad in 00s because life in Russia was good in 00s. But now approximately 200k Russians leave Russia every year.
>produce meme media
Well, yes, but China doesn't produce it either and Indian movies are hilarious for anyone outside of India.
>don't greed much
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>73158980
We don't promote it and even modern Russians know some of the things you mentioned bad.

>>73159168
What did you try?
>>
File: 1489515094001.jpg (11KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
1489515094001.jpg
11KB, 229x221px
>>73158980
>Why is Russian culture that unpopular in the West?

Russian what?

>We have:

We have none of those things you listed. Our cusine is shit, our cinema is either boring and pretentious or just degenerate and retarded, our literalure is the same as the cinema, our modern music is simply disgusting and aversive, our history is nothing but an infinite circljerk of misery, oppression, bloody, senseless and ruthless violence and terror.
>>
>>73159242
>Average eastern yuropeen byzantine knock off arhitechture
Wat.
>>
>>73158980
Bogpill me on early Soviet cinema. What do I have to see?
>>
>>73158980
>Great cuisine
Schi and kasha, nice cuisine, just wow
>Great soviet cinema
Nothing special except Tarkovsky
>Great history
War, poverty, war war war poverty, well done Russia, bravo
>Unique architecture
Byzantium architecture you mean
>Exotic eastern religion
What exactly exotic about that?
>>
>>73159291
Are you Russian or just of of these uneducated self-haters? I don't blame you, just asking because it is strange to me that denial is strong in some people.
>>
>>73159291
>our history is nothing but an infinite circljerk of misery, oppression, bloody, senseless and ruthless violence and terror
Remind me how many places had republic with direct democracy in the XIth century.
>>
>>73159268
Well i found like borscht (eh..) and plenty of other soup and like sauce dishes with unidentified stuff inside, pastes with i think meat inside

And I mean it's ok it feeds you, but meh
Best country i ever ate was italy

I ate supposedly smoked bear too (tastes a bit like rosbif)
>>
>>73159246
I mean "breed" lol.
>>
>>73159350
He is an insane liberast who burned the Russian flag in public and recorded himself torturing a chicken to "make a statement" about Putin. He is notorious on imageboards and BBSes. Just ignore him.
>>
>>73158980
>Same level of development
>With Japan
Lol wut?
>Exotic religion
Yeah. The richest church in the world
>>
>>73159424
The richest is Roman Catholic.
>>
seriously you fucking ruskies are way too paranoid about europeans

no, we aren't cheering about what happened yesterday
yes, we love russian culture
>>
>>73158980
>And meanwhile Chinese, Japanese or Indian culture are way more popular in the West despite us being on the same level of development and exoticism with them.

You're not as exotic as China/Japan/India. You're Europe-lite.

>Russian Empire period is largely French-influenced

>USSR period is largely German-influenced

>Russian Federation period is largely American-influenced

all various shades of European. not that I'm complaining, I prefer to Europe to "exotic" places.
>>
>>73159402
>Best country i ever ate was italy

calm down Napoleon
>>
>>73159168
>No you are definitely more popular than Indians or Chinese
???
Everyone worldwide eats their food now, people are interested in their philosophy, fighting schools, art. People wear their symbols, people are interested in yoga and fen shuy.
>You don't really have good food
Borsh, pelmeni, kholodets, shashlyk, whole ton of various pickles.
>>73159242
>You can find different variations of russian cuisine in its neighbouring cumts
Because whole CIS is heavy influenced by our culture and is a part of Russian world.
>No translations
Shit, didn't think about that. But why don't westerners translate it? For example, they translate Iranian cinema and it's great and I don't think they have less Iranian translators than Russian ones.
>Average eastern yuropeen byzantine knock off arhitechture
Eastern Europe has totally different architecture with us. Byzantine architecture has really influenced us, yes, but it does not make ours less great or unique. Turks also has great architecture and your architecture is just the same byzantine architecture without anything new.
>Its just another sect of christianity
It's still exotic. We share religion with Ethiopians and Christian Arabs, it's really exotic. It's russified, it's not like western Christianity at all (westerners even crusaded us, picreleated is Alexandr Nevskiy).
>>
>>73158980
Because the period of "russian culture" when it was as its peak was literally copypasting everything from the west.

And before that you copied everything from Poland since for a short period of time we had a quite unique mix of western and eastern cultures (muh sarmatians)
>>
>>73158980
>Unique architecture

Like what? Concrete parallelepipeds and cubes?

>Exotic eastern religion

Just an edgy version of christianity.

>>73159350

I am 100.00% Russian, I'm just not one of those brainless vatniks who believe in RenTV-tier bullshit about "unique 500000 years old culture superiour to all other cultures", "Russians are children of g-ds morally and intellectually superior to all other nations", "Foreign culture is nothing but decadence and degeneracy", etc.
>>
>>73158980
It does not really get exported/translated for whatever reason(main reason probably being that Russians are relatively bad at foreign languages).

And for architecture you would need a bigger tourism industry(again, languages, though better relations with the west could help too)
>>
>>73159331
>>Exotic eastern religion
>What exactly exotic about that?
Some Russian sects are truly hilarious and quite exotic, I would say:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/15/russia.davidbatty
>>
>>73159621
russia already has a large tourism industry
>>
>>73159544
>Everyone worldwide eats their food now,
True
>people are interested in their philosophy,
All people that are taken seriously are much more interested in your philosophy and literature honestly
>fighting schools,
There are plenty of algerians that do krav maga, does this mean arabs like israel ?
>art.
Yours too and it's better
>People wear their symbols,
eh maybe ? they wear yours too, i think it's more common to see someone with hammer and sickle than indian stuff
>people are interested in yoga and fen shuy.
only like the 50yo women
>>
>>73159464
>Russian Empire period is largely French-influenced
Wrong on many levels. He is talking about Russian culture, not the 19th century nobility which was @% of population.
>USSR period is largely German-influenced
It was Russian Empire, you burger. Again only 2%.
>Russian Federation period is largely American-influenced
Not really. We just lost our culture and traditions because communists banned them and killed people for wearing national clothes and shiet.

>>73159571
>"russian culture" when it was as its peak
Novgorod. Again he is not talking about nobility.

>>73159590
>'m just not one of those brainless vatniks who believe in RenTV-tier bullshit
Stop projecting, mate.

Looks like you just don't know your country good enough. You probably was raised in the city only. Nobody said it is superior, but it definitely have it's very strong and unique sides.
>>
>>73159268
>We don't promote it and even modern Russians know some of the things you mentioned bad
It's awful. I cringe every time I hear youth saying English words or discussing superhero movies.
>>73159291
>Our cusine is shit
Lolwhat? Go drink vodka and eat pickled tomatoes to realize you're retard.

>our cinema is either boring and pretentious or just degenerate and retarded
I was talking about soviet cinema, not modern one.

>our literalure is the same as the cinema
Is Mayakovskiy boring or Yesenin pretentious?

>our modern music is simply disgusting and aversive
>modern

Of course Russian rap is shit.

>our history is nothing but an infinite circljerk of misery, oppression, bloody, senseless and ruthless violence and terror

In the other words, we have great history. Calm history is a thing of irrelevant countries like most of Europe.
>>
>>73159389

Novgorod didn't have it either.

>>73159417

You're wrong, I'm not him.
>>
>>73159701
Not towards the west they do not.
>>
>>73159726
>I cringe every time I hear youth saying English words or discussing superhero movies.
Having your own culture doesn't mean you shouldn't be interested in foreign.
>>
>>73159747
>Novgorod didn't have it either.
You went full retard here. I see.
>>
File: CivV2111-031.jpg (207KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CivV2111-031.jpg
207KB, 1600x900px
>>73158980
Very well
>>
>>73159544
>it's not like western Christianity at all (westerners even crusaded us, picreleated is Alexandr Nevskiy)
The Teutonic knights organised "crusades" against Catholic Poles and Lithuanians. They were simply a bandit state and their actions had nothing to do with Christianity.
>>
>>73159424
>Lol wut
Culture, not economy or life quality.
>>73159447
>no, we aren't cheering about what happened yesterday
>meanwhile, Germany refused to light Brandenburg gates in Russian colors as a symbol of support
Yeah.
Also last time you have tried to make us your colony was only 20 years ago.
>>
>>73158980

Russian culture is unpopular even in Russia, m8.
>>
>>73158980
I have read pop Avvakum, studied the Old Believers and other sects like the Molokani, the cause of the schism by patriarch Nikon and know medieval Russian history pretty well all the way back to Rurik.

I make my own kvass, from time to time get into Russian cooking and have an icon corner and a Russian flag given to me by a Russian family I used to live with.

Belgium has quite a lot of people who study Russian btw.
>>
File: 0_a2aa5_f3532858_XXL.jpg (170KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
0_a2aa5_f3532858_XXL.jpg
170KB, 1024x670px
>>73158980
Most people don't know anything about Russia because it has been isolated from the rest of the world up until the 90s. And we all know that 90s Russia was a total shithole with mafia, krokodil, vodka, heroin, poverty, prostitution, violence etc. This image is still stuck in most peoples heads. Many young people are sort of interested in Russia though.
>>
>>73158980
>Great cuisine
n-no, russian cuisine like every cuisine of northerners is meh-tier and sometimes can be repulsive for non-natives.

>especially poetry
poetry is hard to understand for non-natives again. but I agree with you, russian poetry is great.

the main reason why westerners misapreciaate russia is that russia is eternaly losing poor shithole. nobody likes losers. russian life is suffering, so all the russian culture is about it and it doesn't seem attractive to most of people. russia is an arthouse of a country.
>>
Russia was really only a cultural powerhouse in the 19th century, so...
>>
File: got gregor horse.jpg (55KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
got gregor horse.jpg
55KB, 594x334px
>>73159714
>Wrong on many levels. He is talking about Russian culture, not the 19th century nobility which was @% of population.

Your nobility is the only segment of the population that traveled to Europe at that time. Fuck, even Germans brought Germany _to_ you to the Volga. Russia did nothing to export its own culture.

>It was Russian Empire, you burger. Again only 2%.

The USSR was founded on Marxism, which is a German idea. That is, again, Russia being Europe-lite.

>Not really. We just lost our culture and traditions because communists banned them and killed people for wearing national clothes and shiet.

The same thing happened to China too, with the Cultural Revolution.

The good thing about American culture is that it's weak and you can opt out of it. Hell, I've opted out of most of it myself. That's a function of capitalism -- it's voluntary. Degenerate, usually, but voluntary.

I also forgot to mention the Rus period, when your country was literally founded by lost Swedish vikings. Russia, for better or worse, is Europe but 40-50 years later.
>>
>>73159464
>You're not as exotic as China/Japan/India
We are. The problem is that in 18th century Peter the Cuck westernized our nobles and westerners judge us mostly by our 19th century high culture which represented a small percent of Russians. In Soviet period we were not influenced by Germans, USSR was actually a manifestation of Russian civilization. But as USSR was ruined our country became filled with western culture everywhere.
We are pretty much the opposite of the West and Europe. We are irrational, collectivist and we do not like money. Rich people were always seen as bastards in our culture, we can't into capitalism, democracy and other western things.
>>
File: 1308079089021.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1308079089021.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>73159447

You don't get it.
It's not paranoia, but insecurity, vulnerability and massive inferiority complex.
>>
In the US it seems people are interested in Russians and their culture but dislike the Russian government. I imagine Russians feel the same about Americans, interested in the people/culture but dislike their government.
>>
>>73159940
>Some people really believe in this
Jesus fucking Christ. No wonder we are a shithole.
>>
>>73159908
maybe but they have the worlds best literature

also 20th century cinematic performances from Eisenstein, Dziga Vertov (Man with the Camera) to Tarkovsky were quite good.
>inb4 jews
>>
>>73159998

Maybe in general but definitely not around Chicago.

The Poles who live here absolutely hate Russia.
>>
>>73158980
Communism destroyed that
>>
>>73159998
Only brainwashed idiots hate your government, many actually want to live in your country.
>>
There have never been a lot of Russian diaspora desu. At least not ethnic Russians, mostly just Jews, Balts, and whatever.
>>
>>73158980
I disagree, Russophillia is extremely prevalent in America, perhaps more so than in any other country, even Russia.

our government hates Russia but there is very little that is American about our government.
>>
>>73160041
I didn't realize Chicago had a large Polish population until I found a Polish station while messing with the radio. 92.7 I think?
>>
>>73160068
>Only brainwashed idiots

So 80% of the population. :^)
>>
>>73159711
>in your philosophy
Our philosophy is either religious (I don't think you have heard anything about Solov'yev, Bulgakov (philosopher) or Florenskiy. Or it's some Marxism like Lenin or Stalin. The latter is maybe popular, but I doubt you ha e heard anything about the former.
>>73159771
>Having your own culture doesn't mean you shouldn't be interested in foreign
Superhero movies are the most degenerate thing possible in this planet.
>>73159818
Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say. Alexandr is one of our national symbols, his history is in core of our culture, he is in core of opposing the West.
>>
File: stealing russian apes.png (79KB, 1418x544px) Image search: [Google]
stealing russian apes.png
79KB, 1418x544px
>>73158980
>>73159544
Poor, warmongering, genocidal, obnoxiously agressive, uncivilized, soulless nation suffering eternal identity crisis(first they stole the Kievan Rus' history, then they defeated and subjugated another important Rus' cultural centre - Novgorod, claimed to be the "Third Rome", then tried to establish themselves as a proper European state copying the Western art and developements, then realizing how multicultural and diverse is their state they came up with """"USSR"""" abandoning their former flag and culture, after it's pathetic fall they are again lost and clueless so they sperg out). Collectivist minded and servile society with no regard to human life. They don't care about their personal wealth, freedom etc as long as Mother Russia and the Tsar is fine. They lack empathy, incapable of establishing a friendly relations on equal terms. Apart from Moscow and St Petersburg and some oil regions Russia is extremely poor and undeveloped - as the Russians are incapable of producing anything sophisticated almost the entire wealth of the country comes from it's natural resources. Except for the art and architecture directly derived either from the Greeks(all the Orthodox architecture they have horribly bastardized, icons) or Westerners(these fancy palaces in St. Petersburg) they barely have contributed to the culture at all. Considering a very large population their scientific contribution is utterly underwhelming, vastly inferior compared to the Western Slavs. Entire society is subjected to brainwashing propaganda blaming the Americans for everything, making them praise their Tsar Putin and support all the vicious acts of violence and terror. They can't even into geopolitics - Russia still pretends it's 19th century and the best way for the state to succeed is to be egoistic, xenophobic, expansive, imperialistic, overly-nationalistic and authoritarian. Russia is the true cancer of humanity and I sincerely hope it breaks apart as soon as possible.
>>
>>73159878
>and sometimes can be repulsive for non-natives
Soviet maybe. Most dishes are same with Germans, English and some Northerners. Southern stuff is not bad either.

>>73159908
Please, stop.

>>73159936
>Your nobility is the only segment of the population that traveled to Europe at that time. Fuck, even Germans brought Germany _to_ you to the Volga. Russia did nothing to export its own culture.
We were talikng about Russian culture itself, not it's export.
>The USSR was founded on Marxism, which is a German idea.
It is not heavy influence.
>Russia being Europe-lite.
>Rus period, when your country was literally founded by lost Swedish viking
This is bear cartoon tier.

>>73159940
I think we are not because we are not that different as Asians who are ayyyy culturally to any of us.
>>
>>73158980
>We have a great civilization and great culture
HAD, not have
>>
>>73160113
>>
>>73159936

I realize I came off too aggressively, so I need to add more

While I don't think Russia is exotic to Europeans and Americans, I do think that we undervalue you. The Cold War ended almost 30 years ago but the EU and the American military/intelligence community hasn't changed their outdated views. Our cultures are slightly different due to the path Western Europe and Russia took during the Renaissance and Enlightenment, but there are enough bonds (Orthodox Christianity, geography, genetics, European branch of Indo-European language, etc.) that we should have a much closer relationship.

IMO Russia should have joined NATO in 1990 in order to create a power bloc of Europe-USA-Russia against Africa, China, and the Middle East.
>>
>>73159447
I think it is the minority or just trolls.
>>
File: azxolamxy0sdqvdzzee9tg.png (22KB, 570x350px) Image search: [Google]
azxolamxy0sdqvdzzee9tg.png
22KB, 570x350px
>>73160115
>>
>>73160115
No, I think most part don't give a fuck. It's just that little loud shitty pile of idiots who make everyone think that most Russians are delusional aggressive retards.
>>
>>73159936
>I also forgot to mention the Rus period, when your country was literally founded by lost Swedish vikings.
muh swedish vikings XD

There is literally no trace of that ever hapening. Russia has almost non-existant l1 admixture. If the elite was truly viking they would live thousands of children behind them.

On the other hand Russia has a lot of Finnic N1c, which suggets that the so called "viking" elite were in fact Finnic warlords. lmao

Fuck off.
>>
File: greatest artist of canada.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
greatest artist of canada.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>73160157
all countries are truly cultureless barbarians compared to the enlightened paradise of canada
>>
File: file.png (30KB, 494x303px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30KB, 494x303px
>>73160186

>1%

Haha holy shit, that's impressive

Here was the approval rating of our own Congress around the same year @ 15%.
>>
>>73160130
>Superhero movies are the most degenerate thing possible in this planet.
Oh, come on. They are harmless entertainment. And super hero culture is unique. They made up their own fairy tales in just few decades! I think it is amazing.
>>
Russian culture isn't as accessible compared to European ones. The language is difficult and Russia still has this lingering image of being "closed off" from the rest of the world a byproduct of the Soviet era. You only have to see the hysteria created by the democrats/media in the US to see it. In my area there is a Russia style bath house and restaurants to try and the food and people are great but I haven't tried the bathhouse because I don't know the etiquette. One things you guys need to do is translate your films, they are difficult to find.
>>
>>73159842
>have an icon corner
Are you orthodox?
You're a good man, but you're exception, unfortunately.>>73159877
>Russia was a total shithole with mafia, krokodil, vodka, heroin, poverty, prostitution, violence etc
India is a shithole too yet it was popular in Europe since 18th century.
>>73159908
It was not. I mean, our 19th century culture is not really our. It was a culture of aristocracy who was westernized as fuck. Of course there were people like Lermontov, Pushkin, Gogol, Nekrasov and Dostoevsky who are still popular now... because they were trying to write about Russian people and not in the western style. Westernized 19th century writers like Turgenev aren't popular now.
>>
>>73160145
>Poland
Oh, ehm, oh wow. I mean... yeah that's... ah whatever
>>
>>73160145
>Poland
Oh, ehm, oh wow. I mean... yeah that's... ah whatever
>>
>>73160115
>So 80% of the population. :^)

86%, to be precise.
>>
>>73160217
this guy is my hero
and I'm totaly not gay
>>
File: 14911311425170.jpg (46KB, 604x402px) Image search: [Google]
14911311425170.jpg
46KB, 604x402px
>>73158980
>Why is Russian culture that unpopular in the West? We have a great civilization and great culture, like India or China, but westerners seem to know nothing about us except some our 19th century writers (majority of whom just copied French novels and belonged to aristocracy, not the real Russian people). Wtf? We have:
>Great cuisine
>Great soviet cinema
>Great literature, especially poetry
>Great music
>Great history
>Unique architecture
>Exotic eastern religion
10/10
>>
>>73159936
>I also forgot to mention the Rus period, when your country was literally founded by lost Swedish vikings
Lol, it's like talking Bulgaria is Middle Asian because it was founded by Turkic tribes. All these Swedes assimilated in 3rd generation.
>>
Probably because contemporary Russian "culture" involves shooting heroin and selling DVDs of your 10 year old niece fingering herself.
>>
>>73160321
yes I am

Also, there is a publishing house here that translates the lesser known Russian works to Dutch, to make them accessible to the general public:
http://www.benerus.be/fonfslijst.html

As I said, here there is quite an interest, we have the largest population of people who study Russian and Russia in Western Europe. Especially in Ghent and Antwerp.
>>
>>73158980
gr8 culture m8

What happened to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFBgtgUtfw
>>
>>73158980
Classical culture and modern culture are separate
For example, Russian modern cultures?

Music of Russia? I know only Russian song "mi mi mi" and singer know only "tatu" In addition Most people don't know better than me

Russian games? Only know Tetris, but the game is hard to get a good national image and popular (Angry Bird was popular, but who did like about Finland because of Angry Bird?)

Russian movies? Nobody knows.

TV program of Russia? Who cares?

Russian animation? There is no animation culture in Russia

Literally, Past culture is past culture
It is not the current culture
>>
>>73160430
Hello guy from the 90s, how are you doing?
P.S. buy bitcoins
>>
>>73160413
>Lol, it's like talking Bulgaria is Middle Asian because it was founded by Turkic tribes
Meme. There's no evidence that Bulgarians originated from steppe niggers or have ever been anything but Slavs.
>>
>>73160346
>>73160357
>>73158980
>>73159544
>do something wrong/plan to do something wrong/have done something wrong/see something wrong being done
>suffer to repent
>end
that's whole of the russian literature for you, hope you've enjoyed it
>>
>>73160467
>Literally, Past culture is past culture
>It is not the current culture
Past Russian culture is a mixture of everything that can be
>>
>>73160170
There's like 4 polish channels
>>
>>73160130
>Superhero movies are the most degenerate thing possible in this planet.

These movies were made solely on a mass-entertaining purpose, nobody claims them to be pieces of "high culture".
>>
>>73158980
I know a lot of people, who like Russian music, literature and art. Some even like Russian food and everybody enjoys your vodka.
I also know plenty, who'd like to visit you.

It's just the politics that makes most people here nervous.
>>
>>73160178
>Orthodox Christianity
What a retard, it's actually a division, you crusaded us. You should be allies to Latin America and most of Africa then, they are Christians too.
>Europe-USA-Russia against Africa, China, and the Middle East
Lol. We are allies of China, and Africa and MENA pose no threat to the West, they are weak (except Iran maybe).
>>
>>73160467
>Music of Russia
Kino, Grazhdanskaya oborina, Korol I Shut.
>Russian games
Stalker
>Russian movies
Brat, Bumer
>>
>>73160772
>What a retard, it's actually a division, you crusaded us.

but that's wrong. everyone involved in that was excommunicated.
>>
>>73160772
China isn't an ally of Russia, they're at best a business partner.
>>
>>73160853
All that stuff is complete shit.
>>
>>73160497
Their state was founded by Middle Asian Turkic tribes, but they are Slavs, it's the same with us and Vikings.
>>73160854
We don't care, we remember that as a crusade and Alexandr Nevskiy is one of the main characters of our national myth.
>>
>>73160872
Nice to see Americans are so butthurt about that.
>>
>>73160934
then you should revise your statement to say "we perceive this as a division" rather than say "this is a division"
>>
File: 21434214213213.jpg (164KB, 1695x468px) Image search: [Google]
21434214213213.jpg
164KB, 1695x468px
>>73160853
>Russian games
>Stalker
>>
>>73161022
>Ukraine
>Ukraine
>>
>>73161022

Ukraine is a part of Russian cultural space.
>>
>>73161050
>Ukraine
>Ukraine

Ukraine?
>>
>>73160853
>Kino, Grazhdanskaya oborina, Korol I Shut.
>Brat, Bumer

Shit for bydlo.

>Stalker

Not even Russian. Also, shit for bydlo as well as music and movie.
>>
File: Era3QoiRwKU.jpg (123KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Era3QoiRwKU.jpg
123KB, 1000x800px
>>73160978
>Russia+china
Check the far east m8
>>73161068
>Ukraine is a part of Russian cultural space.
How much do you take on yourself
Chechnya and Tuva is a Russian cultural space too?
>>
>>73161186
>Chechnya and Tuva is a Russian cultural space too?
Tuva is definitely yes.
Chechnya is somehow already, and we should start a massive russification after Kadyrov. Chechens would be bro tier like Tatars in future being russified.
>>
>>73161186
But he's right. There's nothing Ukrainian about that game. It's targeted at Russian bydlo.
Take a look at some Japanese games, for example.
Like Resident Evil or Silent Hill or Metal Gear.
They're made in Japan but they are for the western audience.
>>
Sublustrum (Outcry) and Elven Legacy are good Russian made games but that's about it.
>>
File: smug green shit.jpg (103KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
smug green shit.jpg
103KB, 800x800px
>>73161317
>It's targeted at Russian bydlo.

What's the difference between Russian and Ukrainian bydlo besides the way they pronounce the letter "g"?
>>
>>73161103
>>>>>>>>>Ukraine
>""""""Ukraine"""""""
>((((((((Ukraine))))))))
>>
File: 324235235234.jpg (58KB, 1006x248px) Image search: [Google]
324235235234.jpg
58KB, 1006x248px
>>73161257

>Chechnya is somehow already, and we should start a massive russification after Kadyrov. Chechens would be bro tier like Tatars in future being russified.
Then tell me why the Russians in Chechnya are in the order of statistical error
Continue to give money to Kadyrov and sit on ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghH1tOEfLyY
>>73161317
This game is made by Ukrainians for the entire former USSR
>>
>>73161317
Ukrainians are same with Russia. They are just brainwashed by their elites to see Russia as an enemy.
>>
File: Sovietisk soldatstatue.jpg (60KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Sovietisk soldatstatue.jpg
60KB, 640x428px
>>73158980
My impression from what I've seen on "Russia today", is that Russian media tend to vastly exaggerate western distrust and contempt for Russia.

>And meanwhile Chinese, Japanese or Indian culture are way more popular in the West
No

Also, related pic is the annual seremony honouring the Soviet soldiers who fell during the liberation of northern-Norway.
>>
File: 14729954361260.png (423KB, 600x680px) Image search: [Google]
14729954361260.png
423KB, 600x680px
>>73161461
+15
>>
>>73161461
>brainwashed
Sure thing, Boris.
>>
>>73161452
>Then tell me why the Russians in Chechnya are in the order of statistical error
Because of Putin. He doesn't know what to do. You better look at Dagestan. Despite being savages too they are less retarded than Chechens already, they mix with Russians, speak Russian already. In 50 years they would be tatars-2. Same would be the future of Chechnya. Russia is a great civilization and if you contact with Russians you would be russified.
>Ukrainians for the entire former USSR
Because former USSR is a part of Russian civilization.
>>
>>73161452
>talking about culture
>stupid zmagar goes full political
Typical belarussian shithead tbqh
>>
File: putthead_tayvis.jpg (46KB, 599x382px) Image search: [Google]
putthead_tayvis.jpg
46KB, 599x382px
>>
>>73161605
kekked and savved
>>
>>73160130
>Alexandr is one of our national symbols, his history is in core of our culture
>an obedient subject of the Golden Horde
Well, you are totally right, he is probably the best symbol of Russia
>>
>>73160978
Maybe in 20 years when China annexes Siberia....
>>
File: moscow.jpg (362KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
moscow.jpg
362KB, 900x599px
>>73161392
Have you ever traveled to Ukraine?
>>73161550
>Because of Putin. He doesn't know what to do. You better look at Dagestan. Despite being savages too they are less retarded than Chechens already, they mix with Russians, speak Russian already. In 50 years they would be tatars-2. Same would be the future of Chechnya. Russia is a great civilization and if you contact with Russians you would be russified.
LMAO >pic
>Because former USSR is a part of Russian civilization.
Estonians, Kirghiz, Moldovans, Turkmens ... this is a great part of Russian civilization
>>73161574
>zmagar
You know the meaning of this word?
>>
>>73158980
Chinese and Indian culture are very niche here. The most anybody knows about China is what they picked up watching Mulan. Stuff from India is pretty much nonexistent.
Jap stuff has a subculture going but you're still considered a dork for liking it.
>>
>>73161710
Golden horde didn't oppress our religion so we chose it instead of crusaders. We also learned a lot of Golden Horde and borrowed many good and useful things which became part of our culture too. And after the Horde has failed we became the biggest and the most powerful part of the Horde which has conquered all the other parts of Horde. There is nothing bad to be a part of an Empire which has conquered half of the planet and learn how to rule from them. 1/6 of the planet being part of Russian world is partially because of the Horde.
>>
>>73158980
Russian culture is probably more famous than Scandi, German, any Eastern European culture to us, although it's true it's not popular.
Only Anglo-American culture is more popular because it runs the West, as well as Spanish and Italian culture, and of course Greek culture because of Ancient Greece.

Chinese and India are huge country with a so different culture, it's like another planet.
>>
>>73161807
Yeah he forgot to mention how China has never gotten over the Russian theft of eastern Manchuria in the 19th century.
>>
File: 1485950227688.jpg (99KB, 595x463px) Image search: [Google]
1485950227688.jpg
99KB, 595x463px
Я люблю Poccия desu
>>
>>73161824
>LMAO
So? Tatars are Muslims too, yet they are russified as fuck.
>Kirghiz, Moldovans
Are obviously part of the Russian world, heavily influenced by Russian culture.
>Estonians
Okay, they are more western now.
>Turkmens
They are too a closed country now. If not that, they would be russified too.
>>
>>73158980
What culture?

Really, the only "culture" you have is from pre-Soviet era. Just like pretty much the entire Europe. What else is there? No one gives a shit about "old stuff" anymore.
>>
>>73161882
Our culture is very different too, yet you watch anime and eat sushi and Chinese food.
>>
>>73161978
Pre-Peter culture and Soviet culture are the real Russian culture and they are great, yet no one knows about it in the West.
>>
File: 14907300739090.png (282KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
14907300739090.png
282KB, 625x626px
>>73161940
>So? Tatars are Muslims too, yet they are russified as fuck.
You did not manage to do it completely from the XVI century
>Russian world
what it is?
>Okay, they are more western now.
>They are too a closed country now. If not that, they would be russified too.
>>
you forgot
>alot of car acciedents
>road rages
>alcoholism
>homophobia
>all guys rushing b constantly
>>
>>73161841
So Russian culture its just an extension of mongol culture
>>
>>73162224
you're a fucking retard
>>
>>73162248
No you are. He just explained how they are the inheriters of the mongol horde.
>>
>>73162121
>homophobia
This is the most homosexual country on the planet
>>
>Russian culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpS7vhvkIQM

He is Ukrainian, but it's the same.
>>
>>73162285
how you extrapolated what he said to "russian culture is mongol culture" escapes me.
>>
>>73161824
>Have you ever traveled to Ukraine?
Why would he? It's a shithole.
ALSO I predict there are going to be a lot of terrorist activities during the Eurovision.
You just wait.
>>
>>73158980
Because we do not export it, you mong. Things that are exceptionally good tend to become famous by themselves, like 19th century classics and Tarkovsky, but for other things you need to focus on selling. Japanese culture is so popular because they are promoting it like crazy. If we had anything close to their anime industry we would have russiaboos wearing kaftans.
>>
File: rusichi_idut.jpg (102KB, 546x604px) Image search: [Google]
rusichi_idut.jpg
102KB, 546x604px
>>73162313
>>
>>73161824
>You know the meaning of this word?
Kek, don't be so preictable. Every time I call you zmagar you keep asking this question.
Aren't you tired of daily wars with 'russkiy mir' here yet?
>>
>>73162347
>we do not export it
What is RUSSIA TODAY?
>>
The funny thing about Russia is that they never had a high culture of their own as China et al did, all high culture was imported from Europe, especially France. The Russian language wasn't refined enough for literature until the 19th century (to cite one example).
>>
>>73162396
A TV channel. Other questions?
>>
>>73162402
You're right. How can someone export something if he doesn't have it in the first place.
>>
>>73162402
The funny thing about Americans is that they like to talk about things they know nothing about. Tale of Igor's campaign was written in the 12 century.
>>
>Russian culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhbMj50rHMw

Some actions take place in Belarussia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Baltic countries, Finland, Armenia, Georgia... but it's the same.
>>
File: 26858029.jpg (228KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
26858029.jpg
228KB, 600x662px
>>73162370
That is, the meaning of this word is not known to you, but you continue to use it
>>73162370
>>
>>73162508
I know that "змaгaццa" on your retarded ooga-booga is "бopoтьcя" on a human language.
So you're бopцyнишкa. In this case, бopцyнишкa c pyccким миpoм.
>>
>Russian culture (medicine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oNzxZJ3Pe8
>>
Poor Russians themselves can't even agree on their identity. They've been arguing for over 200 years as to whether they are or aren't European.
>>
>Russian culture showed in front of Western cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjC3Aa0kpLU
>>
>>73162313
>And after the Horde has failed we became the biggest and the most powerful part of the Horde which has conquered all the other parts of Horde
>>
>>73162625
Are you retarded?
>>
>>73162584
Змaгap - бopeц
И нeт, нe c "pyccким миpoм", ибo кaк мoжнo бopoтьcя c тeм, чeгo нeт
>>
>>73162634
how does that in any way register in your mind as being the same as "russian culture is mongol culture"?

i'm interested to gain some insight into the though process of mental retards
>>
>Russian culture (women)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcUSzxbUR0I
>>
>>73162657
And this thread proves my point down to a tee.
>>
>>73162687
Бopцyнишкa.
I see that you always trying to demonstrate how shitty Russia is but I can't see the main goal of that.
Is it kinda your hobby? Or what? Just curious
>>
>>73162370
and yet they are whiter than you
>>
>>73162750
I take it as a 'yes' then.
>>
Could be because the generation that grew up during the cold war is still alive and in control of everything in the west.
>>
>>73158980
russia is shit
>>
File: grill.jpg (506KB, 1356x2048px) Image search: [Google]
grill.jpg
506KB, 1356x2048px
>>73162891
why so rude to Russians :(
>>
>>73158980
it's because your too weird to be considered western but not weird enough to respect you for being so
>>
>>73162764
It's just fun to poke you in your own shit, especially in the thread in which you show their greatness
Understand I do not have anything against the Russians, it's just fun
>>
>>73161841
>Golden horde didn't oppress our religion so we chose it instead of crusaders
>Russian education

Year Raid
1223 Battle of the Kalka River
1237–1242 Mongol invasion of Rus'
1252 Nevruy's horde devastated Pereslavl-Zalessky and Suzdal.
1258/1259 Mongol attacks against Danylo of Halych, led by Burundai.
1273 Mongol twice attacked Novgorod territory, devastating Vologda and Bezhitsa.
1274 Mongols devastated Smolensk.
1275 Mongol invasion of south-eastern Rus', Kursk pillaged.
1278 Mongols pillaged the Ryazan Principality.
1281 The horde of Kovdygay and Alchiday sacked Murom and Pereslavl-Zalessky, ruined vicinities of Suzdal, Rostov, Vladimir, Yuryev-Polsky, Tver and Torzhok.
1282 Mongols attacked Vladimir and Pereslavl-Zalessky.
1283 Mongols sacked Vorgolsk, Rylsk, and Lipetsk, overrunning Kursk and Vorgol.
1285 The Mongol warlord Eltoray, the son of Temir, pillaged Ryazan and Murom.
1293 The Mongol warlord Dyuden came to Rus and pillaged fourteen towns, including Murom, Moscow, Kolomna, Vladimir, Suzdal, Yuriev-Polsky, Pereslavl-Zalessky, Mozhaysk, Volokolamsk, Dmitrov and Uglitch. During the same summer Takhtamir looted the Tver principality and took slaves in the Vladimir principality.
1307 Tatars pillaged the Ryazan principality.
1315 Tatars pillaged Torzhok in the Novgorod principality as well as Rostov
1317 Tatars devastated the Tver principality
1318 Tatars sacked Kostroma and Rostov
1322 Tatars devastated Yaroslavl
1327 The Golden Horde organised a punitive expedition to the Tver principality
1358, 1365, 1373 Tatars sacked the Ryazan principality
1375 Tatars attacked the southeastern suburb of Nizhniy Novgorod
1377 and 1378 Tatars attacked the Nizhniy Novgorod and Ryazan principalities
>>
>>73163110
>>73161841

1380 Dmitri Donskoi defeated Tatars at Battle of Kulikovo
1382 Khan Tokhtamysh burns down Moscow, tens of thousands of its citizens died
1391 Tatars attacked Vyatka
1399 Tatars attacked Nizhniy Novgorod
1408 Tatars sacked Serpukhov, as well as the vicinities of Moscow, Pereyaslavl, Rostov, Yuriev, Dmitrov, Nizhni Novgorod and Galich
1410 Tatars ruined Vladimir
1415 Tatars devastated Elets
1429 Tatars looted the vicinities of Galich and Kostroma
1439 Tatar incursions into the vicinities of Moscow and Kolomna
1443 Tatars looted the outskirts of Ryazan, but were repelled from the city proper
1445 Tatars attacked Nizhni Novgorod and Suzdal
1449, 1451, 1455, 1459 Tatars looted the outskirts of Moscow
1468 Tatars looted the vicinities of Galich
1472 Tatars plundered Aleksin
1480 The Great stand on the Ugra river marks the end of the Tatar-Mongol yoke in Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mongol_and_Tatar_raids_against_Rus%27
>>
>>73158980
Only recently have you been able to communicate freely with the rest of the world, and you wonder why we know nothing about you?

Tell me a good place to start, and I'll be happy to learn.
>>
>>73162724
I think you are the mentally challenged one here. It's quite obvious
>>
>>73163110
This thread is one butthurt Putinbot arguing with the rest of /int/ about how his country is some unique special snowflake culture us outside idiots don't get.
>>
File: 1455712521463.png (1KB, 98x106px) Image search: [Google]
1455712521463.png
1KB, 98x106px
I fucking hate russian "culture" and hoping to move somewhere from this shithole of a country.
Women here are beautiful though
>>
File: Nowy obraz.jpg (71KB, 254x626px) Image search: [Google]
Nowy obraz.jpg
71KB, 254x626px
>>73163216
Well, I understand what he is implying, there is that school in Russian historiography called eurasianism - its supporters claim that the west was a threat so some Ruthenians kiaz's had to choose Mongols/Tatars, but even basic facts prove these claims to be pure bullshit. Rus' was subjugated by Mongols, its cities were slaughtered regularly. And I don't blame them, btw, Mongols were really powerful at that time, Poland was totally rekt by them twice - in 1241 and in 1259. We only managed to rekt them during the third invasion in 1288. BTW, during that third invasion Mongols were supported by another obedient subjects from Rus', see pic related. This is how independent were those Ruthenian kniaz's.
>>
>>73163454
Lets not forget how nervsky was a loyal subject of the horde and Moscow was built up by them and their elite regularly married mongol women
>>
>>73163454
>another obedient subjects
other, sry
>>
>>73163454
No one chose Mongols, obviously, but are you pretending that west wasn't a threat to Russia?
>>
>>73163454
Russia was kept isolated from events like the Renaissance and Reformation (actually all of the Orthodox lands were) and this had the effect of them retaining medieval cultural and religious norms that Europe outgrew, for example the notion that man is the slave of God rather than the child of God.

The result being that Peter the Great applied a superficial veneer of European culture to a nation which was at least 400 years behind Europe.
>>
>>73163579
>Russia was kept isolated from events like the Renaissance and Reformation
Americans are retarded.
>>
>>73163643
дa мeня cyкa бecит чтo кaкoй тo жиpный пиндoc "знaeт" o Poccии бoльшe чeм caми pyccкиe
>>
>>73163643
Uh...yeah. You were too busy sucking Mongol dick for the first and for the second isolated by the P-L Commonwealth. Most Europeans in the 16th century barely even knew of Russia's existence, and it was certainly not seen as part of the European "family".
>>
>>73163547
That's true, but those eurasianists say that it was a kind of "positive" subjugation, that Russia inherited many social institution from steppe empires (that's actually true, but how is this a positive trait?) and that the west tried to genocide Rus' (the give that example of Teutons, but as I wrote, Poland-Lithuania was attacked by Teutons too, despite being a catholic kingdom). Sometimes Teutons exterminated all Polish cities, see:
>The city of Danzig (Gdańsk) was captured by the State of the Teutonic Order on 13 November 1308, resulting in a great victory for the Order and marking the beginning of tensions between Poland and the Teutonic Order. Originally the knights moved into the fortress as an ally of Poland against the Margraviate of Brandenburg. However, after disputes over the control of the city between the Order and the King of Poland arose, the knights murdered a number of citizens within the city and took it as their own. Thus the event is also known as Gdańsk massacre or Gdańsk slaughter (rzeź Gdańska).[1][2][3][4][5] Though in the past, a matter of debate among historians, a consensus has been established that many people were murdered and a considerable part of the town was destroyed in the context of the take-over.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gda%C5%84sk)

Actually many Germans didn't want to live under Teutons, see":
>The Lizard Union or Lizard League (German: Eidechsenbund; Polish: Związek Jaszczurczy) was an organization of Prussian nobles and knights established in Culmerland (Chełmno Land) in 1397. Its declared goal was to combat lawlessness, although it discreetly sought the transfer of Culmerland from the Teutonic Knights to Poland.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_Union_(medieval)
>>
>>73158980
it'll take another generation or two for people in the west to forget about communism and the cold war
in 150 years, stuff like the holocaust will seem as trivial and banal as the napoleonic wars are to us today
>>
>>73163803
Another example:
>The Prussian Confederation (German: Preußischer Bund, Polish: Związek Pruski) was an organization formed on 21 February 1440 at Kwidzyn by a group of 53 nobles and clergy and 19 cities in Prussia, to oppose the arbitrariness of the Teutonic Knights. It was based on the basis of an earlier similar organization, the Lizard Union established in 1397 by Chełmno Land nobles.

>In 1454, the leader of the Confederation, Johannes von Baysen (Jan Bażyński), formally asked King Casimir IV Jagiellon, to incorporate Prussia into the Kingdom of Poland as a fief. This marked the beginning of the Thirteen Years' War between the Order's State and Poland, with the Prussian cities financing the military costs of the latter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Confederation

The Teutons were simply a band of guys who raided all neigbouring countries regularly, they also "opressed" their own German subjects. They weren't especially "anti-Ruthenian/Russian"
>>
File: 7578587875.png (21KB, 1283x259px) Image search: [Google]
7578587875.png
21KB, 1283x259px
>>73163699
Huh?
>>
>>73163719You are a retarded obese idiot, who discusses things that are way beyond your intelligence. Concepts like Renaissance and Reformation only make sense in the context of European culture. It's like saying that Europe was isolated from the rise of Neo-Confucianism.
>>
>>73163567
see:
>>73163803
>>73163883

One cannot say that German orders were specifically anti-Russian, if anything they tried to partition Poland-Lithuania.
>>
File: 1491042298072.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491042298072.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>73163699
Taк нe кopмитe eгo.
>>
>>73163969
Europe was a threat to Russia since time immemorial. It doesn't matter that there was also infighting between European powers.
>>
>>73163917
google translate is shit if it comes to Slavic languages, we have very "loose" word order and cases, verb aspects and similar shit
>>
>>73162117
Because we started it properly only in 1917 with urbanization and destruction of illiteracy.
>>73162370
Nothing bad in it, we have any appearance except negroid but we are all Russians. Your appearance doesn't matter.
Also you Turks also have all kinds of appearances from blondes to Gulf Arab tier so I don't get your point.
>>73162402
We had it before the Peter and had it in USSR. It was Russian Empire era when they westernized nobles, Silver Age of Russian literature was Russian enough (Blok, Mayakovskiy, Yesenin, Akhmatova etc) already, without western influences.
>>73162625
Only a small buch of westernboo and some radical liberals say we are Europeans.
>>73163110
Idiot, where is your reading comprehension? Yes, Tatars did raids when we didn't pay taxes and so, but they didn't oppress our religion. They didn't try to convert us, they didn't send missionaries, they didn't take taxes from church.
>>73163454
Eurasianism is a political ideology, it's not a history school. Things you say are basic facts taught in our school textbooks, they are accepted by everyone here, whether they are liberals, eurasianists or anyone else. We all know we fought the West fiercely because they wanted to oppress our religion and Mongols were too a big power to resist and didn't taxed us too much and didn't give a fuck about religion. We also learned a lot from them which is a good thing but it doesn't make our culture Mongol culture as that retarded American is saying.
Eurasianism says that Russia is a part of Steppe cultural areal which is in my opinion wrong. Eurasianism appeared among the russian refugees in 1920s when they realized we are different from Europe while living there. We borrowed a lot from steppe, yes, as well as we borrowed many things from Europe but we are our own civilization.
>>
>>73164058
No actually what's wrong here is that 4chan fucks up Cyrillic writing because Moot wanted to save like three bytes of server space. The site converts vowels into the Latin alphabet so when you try to feed them back into GT, it can't process it.
>>
>>73164046
Again - it's pure bullshit, no facts confirm this claim. Sometimes European countries fought against Russia, sometimes you cooperated with them, even hundreds years ago:
>The Muscovy Company (also called the Russian Company or the Muscovy Trading Company, Russian: Mocкoвcкaя кoмпaния, Moskovskaya kompaniya) was an English trading company chartered in 1555. It was the first major chartered joint stock company, the precursor of the type of business that would soon flourish in England, and became closely associated with such famous names as Henry Hudson and William Baffin. The Muscovy Company had a monopoly on trade between England and Muscovy until 1698 and it survived as a trading company until the Russian Revolution of 1917. Since 1917 the company has operated as a charity, now working within Russia.[2][3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscovy_Company

>Renaissance trends from Italy and Central Europe influenced Russia in many ways. Their influence was rather limited, however, due to the large distances between Russia and the main European cultural centers and the strong adherence of Russians to their Orthodox traditions and Byzantine legacy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance#Russia

>Peter implemented sweeping reforms aimed at modernizing Russia.[7] Heavily influenced by his advisors from Western Europe, Peter reorganized the Russian army along modern lines and dreamed of making Russia a maritime power.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_the_Great#Early_reign
>>
File: 1469078429851.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1469078429851.png
55KB, 217x190px
>tfw Russiaboo
>love Russian cinema
>love Russian literature
>love Russian watchmaking
>love Russian aviation and space history
>love Russian classical composers and more modern stuff like their post-punk movement
>>
>>73164078
>Idiot, where is your reading comprehension? Yes, Tatars did raids when we didn't pay taxes and so, but they didn't oppress our religion. They didn't try to convert us, they didn't send missionaries, they didn't take taxes from church.
I would say that demolishing a city inhabited by Orthodox dwellers isn't a very pro-Orthodox act, but whatever, it seems that you cannot into basic logic.
>>
Russian political culture developed into a highly centralized authoritarianism because feudalism had never developed there, so there wasn't a concept of noble rights as there were in, say, England with the Magna Carta. The result being that Ivan the Terrible was able to crush the boyar clans and massively consolidate all power in the tsar's hands.
>>
>>73159447
>yes, we love russian culture
Said no one ever. Go home, slave.
>>
>>73164078
>Eurasianism is a political ideology, it's not a history school.
Now you are simply ridiculous:
>George Vernadsky (August 20, 1887 – June 12, 1973), Russian: Гeópгий Bлaди́миpoвич Bepнáдcкий) was a Russian-born American historian and an author of numerous books on Russian history.

>Vernadsky took a novel approach to Russian history, presenting it as a continuous succession of empires, starting from the Scythian, Sarmatian, Hunnic, and Gothic; Vernadsky attempted to determine the laws of their expansion and collapse. His views emphasized the importance of Eurasian nomadic cultures for the cultural and economic progress of Russia, thus anticipating some of the ideas advanced by Lev Gumilev.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Vernadsky

>Lev Nikolayevich Gumilyov (Russian: Лeв Hикoлáeвич Гyмилёв; 1 October 1912, St. Petersburg – 15 June 1992, St. Petersburg) was a Soviet historian, ethnologist, anthropologist and translator from Persian. He had a reputation for his highly non-orthodox theories of ethnogenesis.

>In accordance with his pan-Asiatic theories, he supported the national movements of Tatars, Kazakhs, and other Turkic peoples, in addition to those of the Mongolians and other East Asians. Unsurprisingly, Gumilyov's teachings have enjoyed immense popularity in Central Asian countries. In Kazan, for example, a monument to him was opened in August 2005.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lev_Gumilyov
>>
>>73164303
go away, fat american. You can't and you will not understand what Russia is
>>
>>73163803
These institution allowed us to conquer 1/6 of planet and they maintain existence of our country. Westerners don't understand it because you think everyone should follow your way which is wrong.
>>73163579
>Renaissance
We have never been a part of the Western Roman Empire.
>400 years behind Europe.
We were not behind, we are just the other ones.
>man is the slave of God
That's what Bible says and our Patriarch recently accused western humanism with placing man in a first place the reason why world is in shit. I am an atheist but I realize that abrahamic religions are basically about obeying to the law of God and being a slave of God, there is only one child of God, his Son.
Also we were isolated from Europe before Mongols. We contacted mostly with Byzantium which was actually an Eastern empire, not European, and steppe nomads. A little bit with Vikings in the north. We didn't have trade with Europe.
>>
>>73164382
> You can't and you will not understand what Russia is
Actually I do. Russia is where you'll soon be immigrating illegally to clean toilet bowls and pick fruit like about 60% of your countrymen. :^)
>>
>>73160145
hello ghoul
>>
>>73164421
But the Byzantine Empire was centered around Greece which is the foundation of Western civilization.
>>
>>73164421
>We have never been a part of the Western Roman Empire
Poland and central Europe were not either but the Renaissance reached everywhere other than Orthodox cunts.
>>
File: 1485010010019.jpg (48KB, 468x486px) Image search: [Google]
1485010010019.jpg
48KB, 468x486px
>it's another Russian identity crisis thread
>>
>>73164364
They are one of the most venerable Russian historicians, they are the mainstream, many of their ideas you see in any textbook here. It's not like they are sect. They both are soviet historicians, Eurasianism is mostly a political ideology created by Danilevsky, refugee.
>>73164172
Most of time Europeans fought against Russia, tried to convert us, steal our land and so. Muscovy Company was a first attempt of colonialism which has thankfully failed.
>>73164303
Lolwhat? Feudalism developed everywhere in the world. In Rusdia we had it since the 13th century to 19th century.
>>
>>73164580
As I said, 200 years after Pushkin, absolutely nothing has changed. :^)
>>
>>73164421
>These institution allowed us to conquer 1/6 of planet and they maintain existence of our country. Westerners don't understand it because you think everyone should follow your way which is wrong.
Again - bullshit, the only thing that allowed Muscovites to conquer Asian nomads was technology, that was - BTW - imported from the west, mostly early modern guns. It's the same case as Spanish Conquista or English colonisation in the N. America. Steppe nomads simply couldn't fight against guns using their obsolete bows. As long as those bows were top tier technology, they rekt almost any country they invaded.
>>
>>73164490
After the fall of Constantinople, Ivan III styled himself the successor of the Byzantine Empire, but Muscovy had none of its religious universalism, rather they used Orthodoxy as a vehicle for Russian imperialism and expansion. This climaxed when Ivan the Terrible placed the church under state control.
>>
>>73164490
It was ruled often by Armenians, had Eastern branch of Christianity as a religion, was a classic MENA state in terms of rule and political system, it ruled Egypt, Syria and other MENA countries as well as Balkans. Ancient Greece was a cornerstone of a Europe but Byzantium was pretty much the opposite of Europe. You should realize that Ottoman empire was just a Byzantium which has changed religion, with the same political system and culture. Greeks and Turks are actually one people just with different religion, also Turks have made up Turkic nomadic identity by Ataturk.
>>
>>73164632
>Most of time Europeans fought against Russia, tried to convert us, steal our land and so.
Of course your neighbours would fight back against the eastern hordes when you chose to invade, but there were plenty of others who would often side with your kind in the hope that it would weaken their neighbours. The Danes come to mind.
>>
>>73164747
>Ivan the Terrible placed the church under state control.
Church always was under state control in Russia.
>hey used Orthodoxy as a vehicle for Russian imperialism and expansion
Lolno, of course we converted pagans we met but it was never used this way, unlike the westerners did.
>>73164685
Okay.
>religious tolerance
>long distance communication
>many technical shit for long travels
>dealing the local elites by making them our nobles
>including conquered people in Russian nation by mixing with them
>taxation system
Etc etc
>>
>>73164632
>They are one of the most venerable Russian historicians, they are the mainstream, many of their ideas you see in any textbook here. It's not like they are sect. They both are soviet historicians, Eurasianism is mostly a political ideology created by Danilevsky, refugee.
Nikolai Danilevski? You are simply an uneducated person. Danilevsky had nothing to do with eurasianism, except from some eurasians (mostly Gumilev), who tried his "civilizational approach". Still Danilevski was a pan-Slavist, he claimed that Russia is an epitome of the Slavic civilization, fighting against the Romano-German civilization (Gumilev took the term "Romano-German" from him). You probably confused Trubietskoy's "Rossiya i czelovieczestvo" with Danilevsky's "Rossiya i Jevropa".

Early eurasianists were guys like Savitsky, Trubietsky etc. Savitsky used historical argumentation (of course economical too). Nikolai Trubetsky, despite being a linguist, used vast historical argumentation in his "Rossiya i czelovieczestvo". There is no point in discussing with you, I gave you examples of prominent Eurasianist historians, who - BTW - clearly recognized their adherence to this school - and you say that there is no eurasianist school in Russian historiography. As I wrote earlier - you cannot into basic reasoning, ergo any discussion with you is pointless.
>>
>>73164685
>that was - BTW - imported from the west, mostly early modern guns
Russia started using gunpowder before it appeared in Europe. Early firearms in Russia predate European ones by decades.
>>
>>73164580
>It's another europeans trying to claim Russian culture thread
>>
>>73165121
And? Poles used early guns in the medieval era too, but only early modern guns were good enought too allow colonial conquests and those guns were imported to Russia from the west, you litrerally imported western gunsmiths, sometimes creating all villages inhabited by western specialists.
>>
I visited SPB twice your cuisine is shit but the history is really impressive!
>>
>>73165167
It's so funny to see them. They can't get they were not the ones who sent man to space, wrote greatest books ever, peacefully united huge part of the planet. So these retards try to steal our achievements every time.
>>
>>73158980
>implying
There is genuinely a shocking amount of Russiaboos here
>>
>>73164490
It always seemed fairly logical to me that Russians in the Middle Ages were a European people who got invaded/cucked/Stockholm syndromed by Mongols and so adopted steppe nigger beliefs, and as I said they also got cut off from the Renaissance and other events that shaped Europe.
>>
>>73159711
>All people that are taken seriously are much more interested in your philosophy and literature honestly
That's subjective as fuck desu.
>>
>>73165316
Russia never imported European gunsmiths because it was never behind in weapons technology. The only European specialist that were sought out in Russia were architects and shipwrights. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>73165479
Yeah that's pretty retarded pham.
Mongol invasion is what made Russia unite in the first place in order to repel them. Russians hated everything about the Mongols
>>
>>73165346
>your cuisine is shit
Rude
It's actually great. What have you tasted? Do you hate salt?
>>73165316
Guns came from China, Russia is between China and Europe. How do you think, who had better guns? What is Tsar-pushka? We have created it in late 16th century. Our weapons have always been superior. We had bulat (kind of Damascus steel), we used eastern style armor which was better than European, etc.
>>
>>73165009
>religious tolerance
in Russia... haha, see persecutions of Staroviers, for example

>long distance communication
anon, people travelled since the dawn of the humankind

>>many technical shit for long travels
well, Mongols had dried meat, Norwegians had dried fish, and?

>>dealing the local elites by making them our nobles
Everybody did the same thing, even Cortez had an Indian spouse Malinche

>>including conquered people in Russian nation by mixing with them
the same as above, see mestizos in Spanish colonies, Poles married Ruthenian princesses, we even had Lithuanian kings etc.

>>taxation system
oh my... that efficient Russian economy...
>>
>>73165479
That's because you are a moron who knows nothing about world history.
>>
>>73165539
>Guns came from China

The Chinese had a kind of hand cannon in the 10th century, but the gun as we know it today was invented in Europe in the 14th century.
>>
>>73164685
>Spanish Conquista or English colonisation in the N. America
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73164580
>identity crisis

I personally have no any "identity crisis". I identify myself as Russian only, this is the only thing that really matters.
>>
>>73165560
A eщe oн зeлeный
>>
>>73165591
The concept of handguns appeared in Europe decades after it became popular in Central Asia, Russia and middle East.
>>
>>73165479
>were a European people
We were never Europeans. Our culture was absolutely different from European before Mongols too, we were heavily influenced by Byzantium and Finn/Turkic tribes around us. We had different economy, different feudalism.
>>73165530
Well, it's more complex. We hated paying taxes but we respected Mongols, called Khan the Tsar and borrowed many useful things. We also played a big party in Horde politics. It was not "symbiosis" as some people say, nor was it "an awful yoke" either.
>>
>>73161605
good post Osman
>>
>>73165560
>That's because you are a moron who knows nothing about world history
But Pytor, you've spent the entire thread spamming this and being butthurt as fuck.

>>73160321
>>73160934
>>73161841
>>73162045
>>73162347
>>73162494
>>73163567
>>73163643
>>73163946
>>73164046
>>73164078
>>73164421
>>73164632
>>
>>73165643
Are you claiming that gunpowder didn't allow European colonisation of America? OK... Anyway, too many 4chan retards for me today, bye.
>>
Well, in the Netherlands Russia is usually perceived as a military enemy in a corrupt and dangerous society.

So you do the math.
>>
>>73165722
дa oн зeлeнь eбaнaя, нe кopми eгo
>>
i-i like russia
>>
>>73165736
>All Russian posters are one person
You are one dumb fuck, aren't ya
>>
>>73165736
So what you're saying is you wrote that retarded comment because you were butthurt too?
>>
зeлeнь кpyгoм, жиp aж coчитcя из мoнитopa
>>
>>73165765
For America yes. Spanish colonization no.
>>
>>73165547
>Staroviers
Yes, but they were a minor group of heretics. We didn't persecuted pagans, Muslims, Buddhists.
>>73165591
We had pishchal in 13th century.
>>73165547
Very good, but we couldn't into that all before.
>>
For each answer in this thread, the OP received 15 rubles each
>>
>>73158980
The thing is that not only Gommunism dominated your culture but that by this domination it was connected to the USSRs influence. As this influence was a rather brash one people disassociated with russian things afterward.

Now asian culture spread much more softly simply by existing without force (westeners love tibetan bhuddism because of its oppressed status and imagenery that just -is- and does not spread by itself) or by friendly cultural goods such as Ramen and anime.

The same wth murrican culture in the west. People like the burger as it was offered without pressure. If the americans would have enforced burgers in western europe by the gun people would dislike them or ignore them today.
You can see this in the islamic world where they treat american culture like euros treat russian culture. They pretend its not relevant and dont make any efforts to welcome it.
>>
>>73158980
I like contemporary Russian literature. Pelevin is pretty awsome. Sorokin too.
>>
File: 96760_4.jpg (95KB, 799x800px) Image search: [Google]
96760_4.jpg
95KB, 799x800px
I like them.
>>
File: kirbygstan.jpg (33KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
kirbygstan.jpg
33KB, 300x168px
Kirguistan
>>
>>73158980
It's not unpopular, but the average person doesn't give a fuck about non Western cultures. Also Russian culture is more popular than Chinese or Indian culture, at least here.
>>
>>73166225
>but the average person doesn't give a fuck about non Western cultures.
You mean the average Westerner?

>>73158980
China and India have virtually no real culture.
>>
>>73158980
>Great cuisine
She i kasha eda nasha.
It's nothing speacial.

>Unique architecture
It's highly influenced by western architecture, althought has it's own charm

>Exotic eastern religion
lol
>>
>>73166277
>You mean the average Westerner?
"Westerner" is implied when you say "people" or "person".
>>
>>73166311
The rest is true tbqh
>>
File: Russian qt with pussy.jpg (67KB, 602x427px) Image search: [Google]
Russian qt with pussy.jpg
67KB, 602x427px
The only good thing about Russia is the pussy.
Everything else is trash.
>>
>>73158980
>We have a great civilization and great culture

had*
>>
>>73166277
The average Westerner is probably the kind of person who gives the most fucks about other cultures in general tbqh

>>73166351
also this
>>
File: 14904749795020.jpg (65KB, 680x450px) Image search: [Google]
14904749795020.jpg
65KB, 680x450px
>>73166372
>"pussy" on pic
AHAHAHHAHAA
>>
>>73166311
>It's highly influenced by western architecture, althought has it's own charm
China definitively has it's own charm

>It's nothing speacial.
>azerbaijan
lol
>>
File: 14899378581921.jpg (216KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
14899378581921.jpg
216KB, 960x720px
>>73166372
>that "Russian qt" on pic
I have bad news for you
>>
>>73166351
Kinda racist Sweden :^)

>>73166398
Not really. You see other aspects of other culture's in Japanese media and entertainment all the time
>>
>>73166414
>>73166476
boipussy is still pussy you fucking third worlder
>>
File: img.jpg (215KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
215KB, 500x375px
>>73158980
>>
File: Me.jpg (131KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Me.jpg
131KB, 600x450px
>>73166522
faggot
>>
>>73158980
>borscht
>authors are unreadable
>brutal, lacks joy
>alcoholism
>>
>>73166464
>China definitively has it's own charm
What did you mean by this

>It's nothing speacial.
>azerbaijan
>lol
Fuck off Cook Islands
>>
>>73166509
That's mostly because Japan is a unique blend of Western influences, East Asian culture and their own traditions. You don't really see this in another non Western country.
Still, most people even there don't care about what's happening outside, to the point they depict Portuguese and Greek people as blue eyed blond people in anime because they're European.
>>
File: 1490946267825.jpg (90KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1490946267825.jpg
90KB, 640x634px
>>73158980
Literally because you Abandoned GOAT Stalinist architecture and started building Kruschev cancer concrete blocks instead.
>>
File: 1410514066477.png (158KB, 790x445px) Image search: [Google]
1410514066477.png
158KB, 790x445px
>>73159447
LIES
>>
>>73165591
The russians used cannons in the 1300s during the siege of Moscow. I can't remember guns being used in the rest of europe before that
>>
>>73166699
>That's mostly because Japan is a unique blend of Western influences, East Asian culture and their own traditions. You don't really see this in another non Western country.
China?

>Still, most people even there don't care about what's happening outside, to the point they depict Portuguese and Greek people as blue eyed blond people in anime because they're European.
All cultures generalize one another.
>>
File: husbando.jpg (59KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
husbando.jpg
59KB, 675x450px
>>73158980
from the west- i'm thinking of learning either russian or japanese. i only know english but either way i am almost equally interested in both culture/ language. But I must admit I already know more about Japan than Russia. I'm glad you made this thread and I hope to see more of your flag making this kind of post in the near future- Dobriy vyecher !
>>
File: 4L_dMvvKOGq.jpg (93KB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
4L_dMvvKOGq.jpg
93KB, 350x346px
>>73158980
I know it all and I want more but I keap it in secret fuck the west

Here some of this things you said about your 10/10 pouts and anknow cultur for the Latin scum thet can read or talk in our master dialect the Cyrillic Bukvar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jusfvbkVuR0

It's just Some pepole don't dezorve to know things about us east Europa so why tell them ?? if you can keap it in secret from the westerner scums ?? And you will look smart and strong like this ?? Why you want to even tell a polish scum about our cultur whan his all ready American ?
>>
File: 4L_dhmDH8m6.jpg (96KB, 438x660px) Image search: [Google]
4L_dhmDH8m6.jpg
96KB, 438x660px
Boт oчeнь хopoший cтих !!! Я eгo B шкoлe в Укpaинe yчил в Зaкapпaтий нac зacтaвили этo yчит caм я pycки pycин !!! A нe yкpaинeц и Укpaины Пoльшy Beнгpию нe люблю !!! пpocтo y нac тaм нe кoгдa нe былa cвoбoды cлoвo !!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bdLyHaochgI

Ecли y вac pyccкий aнoны ecть eщo тaкий cтихи кидaйтe их тyт бyдy oчeнь блaгoдapeн вaм !!
>>
Cпacибo Хopoшo ypaaaaa
>>
File: Cossacks.jpg (46KB, 855x503px) Image search: [Google]
Cossacks.jpg
46KB, 855x503px
>>73158980
Cossack had a Great chonmage.
>>
File: nymphet.jpg (170KB, 608x456px) Image search: [Google]
nymphet.jpg
170KB, 608x456px
> russian literature
>>
>>73158980
Cause fuggin gommies better dead than red comrade fugg off and shoot krokodil.
>>
>>73159242
>Average eastern yuropeen byzantine knock off
it's funny coming from the biggest byzantine knock off
>>
Russian identity crisis threads are embarrassing.
>>
>>73158980
that's why i only play scientific or militaristic wins in Civilization.
>>
File: Russian Hill.jpg (264KB, 778x584px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Hill.jpg
264KB, 778x584px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfxegrUukkU
Хyйшe хyяpeнный хyйник
>>
>>73158980
>Great cuisine
No
>Great soviet cinema
I like your films but I guess they are so abstract you have to be a professional critic to actually rate them.
Mostly untranslated apart from some of your famous masterpieces.
>Great music
I actually play Tchaikovsky's 1st piano concerto (mvt 1) so can't argue there
>Great history
True, it's great, but it's also more repetitive than western history (conquer your neighbor, turn neighbor into vassal, kill peasants, repeat, although your Far East is interesting) and less exotic than East Asian
>Unique architecture
I'm not an architect
>>
File: hate ray.jpg (97KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
hate ray.jpg
97KB, 576x576px
>>73158980
>average burgerstanian is 100% convinced that anything to the east of krautland is basically russia
>boohoohoo why are we so unpopular (((((((
>>
>>73160217
it sucks Lajoie doesn't do shit anymore
>>
>>73158980
First off, condolences to St. Petersburg, with that said I actually really like Russia. A lot of it has to do with the USSR and the Cold War. Fear Mongering is still rampant across the West.

You guys also have a lot of cute girls in track suits. Thought about trying to learn your language but I can't roll my Pp, a little tongue tied on that part, so its hard for me, I can sort of do the roof of my mouth trill tap, is that good enough?
>>
>>73175934
He was never funny.
>>
>>73158980
Your Classical culture is very great, and everybody in the west knows it.
But you inverse the problem. The real question is : why You guys hates us?
Probably because your are forced and /or brainwashed by your own gov.
People here like Russian if they don't threat them.
>>
>>73158980
>>73158980
>Great cuisine
not really, sorry

>Great soviet cinema
can't say, i tried to say stalker, boring as fuck

yes

>Great music
agree

>Great history
agree

>Unique architecture
most of russia is ugly
>>
File: art057.gif (333KB, 709x995px) Image search: [Google]
art057.gif
333KB, 709x995px
You have the worst people. I want to kill every single one of you.
>>
>>73160404
mom
>>
>>73158980
I'll tell you why nobody visits fucking russia, a visa cost me £140 for a single entry for a fucking month.
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.