[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

City Grades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

ITT: We gives grades to the cities we are from

I'll start

>Pittsburgh
>Crime
B. There are definitely places to watch out for, but the crime rate is generally not bad

>Aesthetic
B+. Surprisingly good for a former industrial town, especially driving into the city

>Things to do
C-. Not all that much really, could be much worse

>Weather
D-. I don't mind gray skies so it's not a big deal to me, but for most people it sucks

>Natural Disasters
A+. No hurricanes, earthquakes, droughts, forest fires, most parts are too high to flood, no lake effect, no volcanoes, an irrelevant tornado every 20 years or so.

>Relevancy
D+ Steelers and Batman only

>History
F compared to the rest of the world, C for USA.

>Housing
A. Cheap as fuck compared to the rest of the country

>Location
B-. Only a 4 hour drive to DC and 6 to NYC but not near anything good in close proximity
>>
Gijón

>Crime
B. Really low in general. Although most of the crime is spanish dishonesty or overlooking the rules. But violent crimes are rare and the streets are safe.

>Aesthetic
A. Great, it's a very touristic town (I'd use city, but for international standards it would be a joke) But if you are looking for modern buildings, then perhaps B

>Things to do
B. Great to spend time with some friends, but most of the real fun comes from trekking, sight-seeing, going to the beach, and visiting the entire region.

>Weather
D. It rains a lot, but sometimes you can have entire weeks with blue skies.

It's colder than the rest of Spain below the coastal mountain range and the mediterranean provinces. But that's also a big advantage in Summer

>Natural Disasters
A. Sea storms and lots of wind. But they are rare.

>Relevancy
A. The biggest town in the region and one of the most important in the north
D. Compared to the rest of Spain

>History
C. There were iberian tribes prior to the romans, and then the romans of course. And we were bombed by the nazis along with many other places in the north to help Franco's coup.

There're also lots of cultural traditions in the region.

>Housing
D. Renting is expensive compared with the neighbouring villages
B. Compared with bigger cities like Madrid or Barcelona

>Location
A+. The north is the best part of Spain, and there are motorways to travel really fast to other regions up here. Not to mention that the whole country is the size of Texas.
>>
>>73148969
And the food is sublime. Spanish food is excelent, but the food in the north is one of the best in the whole world. And rather healthy.
>>
>>73148969
And there are regular and cheap flights between Asturias and London

The worst thing of Asturias is the unemployment. It's rather high compared with the rest of the country, which is, at the same time, shitty
>>
File: 1471490874706.png (2MB, 1400x934px) Image search: [Google]
1471490874706.png
2MB, 1400x934px
>Perth
>crime
A- stay out of certain areas of freo, armadale and rockingham and you'll never come across anything
>aesthetic
A- most of the old colonial buildings outside of freo were demolished which brings things down
>things to do
C there isn't much, but things are much, much better than they were a decade ago
>weather
A+ easily the best summers in the country
>natural disasters
B+ semi-regular fires in the summer, but they're contained to the scarp
>relevancy
C+ used to be the economic powerhouse of Australia, but that's tailed off recently. We also have one of the most famous cricket pitches in the world
>history
F like all of australia
>housing
C+ it's expensive but not as much as sydney or melbourne
>location
D- you'd have to drive for several days to get anywhere of note. Perth's one of the most isolated cities in the world and is closer to jakarta than sydney or melbourne
>>
>>73147710
Curitiba
>Crime
F. Can see children selling crack on city center
Corruption Rampant
Was a victim of crime many times, most of my friends were too, homicide rate is very high

>Aesthetic
F. Shit like any other Brazilian city

>Thing to do
C . The only thing that saves this place is having great, and I do mean great craft beer at reasonable prices. Not much other than that.

>Weather
F. It'll rain and be gray during the entire weekend, it'll be sunny near the end of monday, but it can rain again intermittently throughout the week.

>Natural Disasters
A. Well, I guess flooding is the only bad thing in this department and it doesn't happen often.

>Relevancy
D. Maybe somewhat relevant in Brazil, a shittier version of São Paulo if you will.

>History
F. Garbage, not worth knowing. ''Muh'' german/pole ancestors.

>Housing
F. Not cheap, even if it were, you have to live in this hellhole so not worth it.

>Location
F. Nothing really good close to us, Europe, USA, Japan etc all very far away. Next best thing is Argentina...... let that sink in.
>>
Detroit
>niggerdom across the board
>>
File: whiterock_0.jpg (435KB, 1000x460px) Image search: [Google]
whiterock_0.jpg
435KB, 1000x460px
Closest big city most recognized internationally is Vancouver, but I live in
>>White Rock
>Crime
A+. Very low crime here it's a small city with a very wealthy population, there are a few homeless around of course but it's marginal compared to many other places

>Aesthetic
A+. tons of multi-million dollar homes here, the city is right on the water and has great mountain views

>Things to do
A. It's about a ~10 minute drive to the U.S. border, if even that. The beach is a huge tourist destination in the Spring and especially Summer, tons of watersports, a few cool stores on the waterfront with some decent nightlife close by, it's about 50 kilometers to Vancouver so you have that too, tons of mountains to climb in Summer and ski/snowboard runs in the Winter.

>Weather
B-. Fucking sucks in the Winter and Fall, super rainy and grey all the time. Summers are great here though, and White Rock in particular is usually the sunniest area of the fraser valley.

>Natural Disasters
B. We're supposed to have a badass earthquake here pretty soon which will fuck a lot of shit up, we won't get a tsunami or anything on our immediate shores in my city but the west coast of Vancouver Island will get rekt, along with a probably a lot of stuff on the continent's west coast.

>Relevancy
D. Just a lot of rich people living here, we're a huge tourist destination in the warm months like I said earlier but other than that we're nothing too important

>History
F. Nothing except for natives here before all the fancy houses got built

>Housing
A+ if you have millions of dollars. You have to have money to live here, most people in this city have a lot of money. If you don't have money, forget about it.

>Location
A+. Vancouver is about a 45 minute drive away, it's about a ~4 hour drive to Seattle, and we have some of the best weather in the country.

Guess I'm pretty lucky. Pic related
>>
>>73149267
I just started talking to a QT from here, and I was thinking about visiting. Thanks for the warning.
>>
Wellington
>Crime
B:Crime is generally low here but it's noticeable in predominantly Maori and Polynesian neighbourhoods
>Aesthetic
C: Not horrible but nothing too special either.
>Things to do
A: We a lot of attractions and restaurants in the city and in the Nearby areas, there is also a lot of walks and trails as well
>Weather:
D: If you have a wind and rain fetish, you will love it here
>Natural Disasters
D-: Earthquakes and Storms, that's all i have to say
>Relevancy
C: The only reason why we are even relevant at all is because of quakes and the seat of government is located here, otherwise we get overshadowed by Auckland
>History
F: Nothing except for some colonial history
>Housing
A: The city itself has nice but expensive as fuck housing while the nearby cities of Hutt and Porirua have shittier but more affordable housing (with a few exceptions)
>Location
D: The only thing we got going for is were located in the centre of the country, the big problem we have (alongside every other major city in NZ) is were too far away from everybody, even between each other. It takes around 8 or 9 hours to drive from Wellington to Tauranga for fuck sakes
>>
>Medellin
>Crime
C. It's not too bad outside some areas who are complete no-go zones

>Aesthetic
B. If you don't like red bricks and colonial architecture it's probably a F tho

>Things to do
A+. One of the best things of living in a big city

>Weather
A+. Literally the city of the eternal spring (La ciudad de la eterna primavera)

>Natural Disasters
A-. Rain can get pretty fucked up sometimes, but in overall it's pretty safe in this matter

>Relevancy
A. I mean, it's Pablo's homeland

>History
A. A lot of shit has happened in here

>Housing
C. Big city problems, unless you're ok with living in a favela, then it would be A+

>Location
F. In the middle of nowhere
>>
File: Flagstaff aerial.jpg (267KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Flagstaff aerial.jpg
267KB, 1200x900px
>Flagstaff
>Crime
B. Miscellaneous stuff happens on campus, lots of weed busts, nothing violent for the most part.

>Aesthetic
B. The state is known for being a desert. The forest is pretty surprising to most people, and the mountain is nice too. The roads and buildings outside of downtown are bland though.

>Things to do
A+. If you like outdoors stuff you will literally never run out of things to do. Food is great. We have museums and stuff too.

>Weather
B. It snows here in the winter, unlike most places in the state. Otherwise the weather is mostly sunny and nice because of the elevation.

>Natural Disasters
C. Floods, Snow, there were Tornados a few years ago, Earthquake hazard is higher than anywhere else in the state.

>Relevancy
A+ if you're going to the Grand Canyon, C otherwise.

>History
C+. Pluto and its moon Charon were discovered here, Navajo code talkers in WWII. Route 66 is the main road through town.

>Housing
F. More expensive than almost anywhere else in the state, everything is college housing.

>Location
B. 10+ national parks within an 8 hour drive. 7k foot elevation. Next to injun reservations. Trains and Interstate highways.
>>
File: city_hall.jpg (647KB, 640x980px) Image search: [Google]
city_hall.jpg
647KB, 640x980px
Philly
>Crime
C-: Pretty high crime but depends on neighborhood.
>Aesthetic
B+: I like rowhouses a lot and there are lots of nice old buildings
>Things to do
B: All of the stuff you would expect in a major city, cool museum of medical oddities, team in every major sports league if you're .
>Weather
C+: typical four seasons weather, too cold winters, too hot summers, nice spring and fall
>Natural disasters
A: Snowstorms from time to time but not prone to earthquakes, tornadoes, wildfires, barely effected by hurricanes on occasion.
>Relevancy:
B: Less so than it used to be but still a major city.
>History
A+ by US standards, maybe a B by global standards.
>Housing
B: Relativly cheap compared to places like NY and DC.
>Location
A: Smack in the middle of the most relevant part of the country
>>
>>73150969

downtown philly is nice, to be sure, but your blacks are just dragging the whole shebang down, among other things, lot of scandal from what I hear right now in the DA office? and the former mayor?
>>
>>73147710
>Santiago, Republica Dominicana

>Crime
D+. I want to say F but it could Caracas

>Aesthetic
C+. Not really aesthetic but nothing too bad.

>Things to do
F

>Weather
A+, rarely gets above 90 F and sunny the whole year

>Natural Disasters
F. Prone to earthquakes, flooding, hurricanes, etc.

>Relevancy
F

>History
D worldwide. Points for being one of the firsts European cities in the Americas

>Housing
A+ everything is insanely cheap

>Location
B+. 3 hour flight to NYC, 1 hour flight to Miami, 6 hour flight to Madrid
>>
>Green Bay
>Crime

B-. Not as much petty crime as other places, but a fuck ton of drug related crimes

>Aesthetic

C-. Imagine your typical boring ass American suburb + a giant football stadium in the distance. Some really rich areas some really poor, nothing special

>Things to do
B. Theres actually a lot of nice shops and underrates restaurants around where Im at

>Weather
D. 5 month winter with 4 months covered in snow. Summers are too fucking hot

>Natural disasters
B+. Really not that bad if you can deal with really bad blizzards every now and then. Otherwise nothing else

>Relevancy
D. Packers

>History
F across the world, solid B- for USA considering the importance of the NFL

>Housing
C. Overpriced shitholes and typical suburban houses mate

>Location
B. Easy access to Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit (for airport only). We dont talk about Milwaukee and Madison
>>
>>73150969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEK97bSz6LQ
>>
>>73151036
> lot of scandal from what I hear right now in the DA office? and the former mayor?
Don't forget our congressman who's doing 10 years on racketeering charges. Chicago is probably the only city that outcurrupts us, but it doesn't have a huge effect on day to day living
>>
File: stock-photo-16348327.jpg (180KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-16348327.jpg
180KB, 1170x780px
>Calgary
>Crime
A. Maybe I'm just a sheltered flower, but I've never had a problem with anyone.
>Aesthetic
A-. Calgary is a very new city, there is hardly exposed power lines and the roads are very wide. Also the architecture is modern and nice.
>Things to do
B+. Less than an hour drive to the rocky mountains where you can ski in the winter or hike in the summer, there isn't much to do in the actual city though.
>Weather
C+. Probably an A compared to the rest of Canada. Winters can get cold sometimes but they're usually broken up Chinooks, also there isn't much snowfall or rainfall which is a plus. Summers don't get that hot.
>Natural Disasters
C-. tornados, floods, killer winds tearing glass off of buildings, but it's not that bad to be quite honest.
>Relevancy
D. Sadly
>History
D. Linked with relevancy
>Housing
D. Horribly expensive. even with the recession
>Location
D. The only major population centre within a five hour drive is Edmonton
>>
File: 1485652286674.jpg (77KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
1485652286674.jpg
77KB, 625x417px
>>73147710
Buenos Aires, Argentina
>Crime
B-
Low for Latin American standards but high for Argentina. Just stay out of the Amerindian people
>Aesthetic
A
A mix of French , Italian and modern architecture. You can spend hours walking around the city.
>Things to do
A+
Excellent. You have something new to do every day. It's full of people From all over the world and exchange students

>Weather
B
The summer sucks because it's too hot with some blackouts. Btw the winter is comfy
>Natural disasters
A
Some sporadic meme rains
>Relevancy
B+
Even though this city lives in the shadow of its Glorious past, still relevant . For the country it's a solid A+
>History
B
The colonial past is boring . But the Belle French epoque of the first half of the XX century is quite interesting
>Housing
D
Expensive as fuck
>Location
A
It's okay I guess
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.