[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Japanese actually a good language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4115.png (17KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4115.png
17KB, 1280x853px
Or have we been brainwashed by anime, mango and vidya to think it sounds cool/edgy?

https://youtu.be/o7oqjY1kF00
>>
>>73115218
What is "a good language"?
>>
it's very messy, lots of half-assed revision on top of fossilised grammar. their politeness syntax is extensive and arduous to anyone else

at least there's a lot of material to learn from and it's easily pronounced and heard
>>
The language is shit

Only good this is it sounds really please when girls speak it

Make me wanna jizzzz
>>
Our sentences might look so messy due to the combination of 3 types characters. Other languages obviously look much more consistent.
>>
>>73115218
It's a roleplay language -everything is protocol and status related.

It's pretty meh arguing and debate wise, except for the fact that people shut up and listen when you talk just giving you some はい、そうですが、えええ and the like.
>>
It sounds beautiful but kanji system is outdated and need to be replaced
>>
File: shinjuku.png (482KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
shinjuku.png
482KB, 500x334px
>>73115218
it's not versatile, only spoken within Japan, so don't try to learn unless you have any plan to study/work here
>>
>>73115218
It's phonetically pleasing. Syllable timing makes it sound very rhythmic, no consonant clusters, no harsh or nasty sounds e.g. glottalic, uvular, pharyngeal. All in all it's nice to listen to.
>>
>>73115511

You never heard us talking ulinformal Japanese
>>
The only good things about Japanese are its wide vocabulary of sound effects and the like (e.g. sound effects for something that "sounds" fluffy, are fast, are clean, goes in and out, etc.) and that words are always pronounced the same. I don't know the technical term for it since I'm not a linguist but for instance "ko" always sounds the same no matter where it's placed in a word in Japanese while in English "re" can be pronounced like re in "really" but sounds more like a ri in "retarded."

Other than that, it's pretty dumb. I'm studying it now and it frustrates me. I'm not gonna argue that they should get rid of kanji or switch to the roman alphabet because that's pretty much impossible, but I really wish at least that the way kanji are pronounced and read didn't change. For example, 行き can be pronounced either iki or yuki depending on the context. 少し is pronounced sukoshi, but 少々 is pronounced shoushou.

It's not as fucky as Chinese and it's certainly a lot easier on the ears, but it's nonetheless a moonrune language. Trying to change that would be fruitless though.
>>
今日は一日、明日は二日の日曜日、明後日は日本の祝日の日。
The character 日 has been appeared several times.
But all of the pronunciations is different.
Kanji makes everything worse.
>>
>>73115218
>きりさきえいじ

FUCKOFF
>>
>>73116558
is he like an autistic youtuber or something
>>
>>73115218
>cool/edgy
how could it happen? I realize why people persecute weebs even on the internet. you guys ain't normal.
>>
It is an very big language, with a lot of ways to do almost the exact same thing.
If you like subtlety its really good. Its not useful unless you deal with japanese people.
>>
>>73116048
Yeah not a fan of kanji
>>
>>73115218
this cunt is fucking annoying
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.