[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is America truly first world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Because it seems to face a lot of third world problems.
>>
>>73110333
Parts of it like Detroit and other parts of Michigan pretty much are third world.
>>
>>73110333
Parts of the country are basically looted and abandoned by wealthy people, these tend to be majorly black cities, native reservations (while strictly not part of the U.S., they kind of are, and they live on the most worthless land the frontiersmen could find), but also very poor white areas as well.
>>
>>73110333
(citation needed)
>>
To me only Native American reserves from USA and Canada look third world for a third worlder.

Even majority black cities look better than the best of South America or Mexico.
>>
>>73110333
>Thailand
You 3rd world fucks are just jealous of us. Americans and America is better than your shitty country in every conceivable way. Just kill yourself dumb ladyboy.
t. American poster
>>
У кaждoй cтpaны cвoи пpoблeмы.
>>
1. America is fucking massive, the infrastructure development issues are hindered by that

2. America is fucking diverse and has massive income inequality, you can't just reduce it to so and so ghetto then use it to generalize outward to the whole city, state or country, there are more pervasive problems affecting even poor white communities that need to be addressed

For a bunch of self-proclaimed >130IQ /pol/iticians you never seem to make a sincere effort in any political thread, how do you find comfort and solace in restating the same problem ad infinitum without addressing it properly, its what makes my country shit
>>
>>73111519
I spoke to an older couple in 2016 who said they've never owned a computer and never plan on buying one. Some people are perfectly happy with gravel roads. The poor white communities like you see in the Appalachian mountains or Amish and Mennonite communities only care when their harvest is bad and they have nothing to eat or they haven't chopped enough lumber for the winter. They're fully capable of walking to nearby towns and catching a ride to a major city. They don't want to. Self sufficiency is more important, and there are times when I'd rather live without electricity and be able to look up at the night sky and see the milkway.
>>
>>73111690
Thank you for giving me the first genuine, insightful answer about America on this board for months
>>
>>73111810
What most people don't seem to get is that our frontier mentality is still very much alive and more-or-less achieveable If you're willing to work at it.
>>
>>73112179
While this is true, most people still have electricity, trucks, and gas powered farm equipment. Those were just a minority. My uncle was a libertarian before I even knew what one was. He and my aunt had several acres of land which he farmed. We had to take a gravel road to get to their house. Every visit they would have fresh fruit and vegetables for dinner. They had cable TV and electricity, although their TV had push buttons and no remote. My dad bought them a computer. My uncle spent a couple of days on it then never touched it again. My aunt used it like a glorified type writer to type then print her stories. They never had or wanted Internet, and I think the only reason they kept it was because they didn't want to hurt my dads feelings.
>>
>>73112506
Sure, but if you live out in the sticks and make just enough money with your hobby farm to keep the lights on and the well running then that's basically a less extreme version of the same mentality. People on the actual frontier didn't exist in a vacuum either.
>>
Rural white poverty in the South and Appalachia has existed from time immemorial, but is largely ignored compared to the vast amounts of attention given to urban black poverty, and there's several reasons for that which you may be able to guess.
>>
>>73112875
Those being...?
>>
>>73112953
For one thing, urban poverty is highly visible while who the fuck ever goes to Appalachia? Ghetto nigs benefit from the race hustler industry and armies of guilty white liberals.

It's also cultural; white crackers in West Virginia or whatever have a very strong belief in self-sufficiency and resisting help. They'd rather live in total squalor than accept government handouts. Blacks however were historically a dependent underclass who relied on white handouts, they have never had a problem with taking public assistance. The slave mentality has never entirely gone out of them.
>>
>>73113052
It is a racial thing. Poor white crackers are looked down upon as losers simply because society has had higher expectations from white people. Blacks were always untermensch so Jamaal robbing the liquor store is just Jaamal being Jamaal.
>>
>>73111455
Please, don't reproduce, faggot!
>>
>>73112506
>cable tv

I have no idea why American poors think this is a necessity
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.