[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would Romans think of modern day Italy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: welcome_to_italy.jpg (191KB, 714x475px) Image search: [Google]
welcome_to_italy.jpg
191KB, 714x475px
>time traveler from ancient Rome arrives
>man in skinny jeans, wearing a manbun, scarf and a large bag inside which a tiny dog lives appears
>MAMMA MIA, CIAO BELLO, PIACERE screams in a high pitched voice
>grabs the Roman and gives him two kisses on his face, then one on his lips for good measure
>starts dragging bewildered Roman around, showing all the great things they've built in ruins, covered in graffiti and filth
>Roman falls over a pile of garbage on the sidewalk
>SCUSI ATTENTO WATCH OUT FOR THOSA PILES OF GARBAGGE, LA COSA NOSTRA MAMMA MIA
>wild romanian gypsy appears, tries to mug the Italian sneakily
>reaches inside the bag, grabs onto a handful of dog shit
>starts violently puking everywhere
>GUCCI PUCCI MIA SANTA MARIA
>>
MAKE ITALY GREAT AGAIN
>>
File: ronaldo1.jpg (40KB, 338x226px) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo1.jpg
40KB, 338x226px
>>73109795
>strong families
>strong catholic values
>strong patriarchy system
>corruption and enjoying life
>bread and circus
he would probably realize nothing has changed
>>
>>73109819
t. i know nothing about rome
>>
>>73109837
I can teach you if you want
>>
>>73109795
My northern Italian friend said they he is ashamed of the southern Italians. He claims they're like shitskins,niggers and etc.
>>
>sideways Italy mocking Italia
>>
>>73109904

That's ironic because the southern Italians are culturally and phenotypically the closest to the ancient Romans.
>>
Do autists really believe the average life in the Roman empire was good? I mean, Roman empire probably had worst crime rates than today, they didn't have half the organization a city has today, and even the poor Roman today, probably lives a better life than the emperor himself back then.
Do you fuckers really think life during antiquity was good? Most of you would have to spend it working 10 hours a day under the hot sun, to eat a diet which was mostly bread, no antibiotics and medicines, and cold nights.
Stop Larping.
>>
File: Aqueduct_of_Segovia_08.jpg (3MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Aqueduct_of_Segovia_08.jpg
3MB, 3456x2592px
>>73109928
Dude, your flag is literally just the Swedish one bleached a bit.

>>73109957
>Do autists really believe the average life in the Roman empire was good?
Hell yeah. Compared to the rest of the world at the time, or Africa TODAY it was heaven on Earth.

>plumbing
>baths
>highly developed arts and literature, philosophy and science
>architecture that pleases the eye, stood the test of time also BTFO's anything modern architects shit on the table
Yeah, I recognize things weren't perfect. Pipes were made out of lead, and they brushed their teeth with urine, but at least they had the desire to be clean and civilized.To advance themselves. They made do with what they had.
You can't tell me when you look at their relics that you aren't filled with awe and wonder. Just look at the size of this motherfucking Aquaduct. It was built 2000 years ago.
>>
>>73110841
>Hell yeah. Compared to the rest of the world at the time, or Africa TODAY it was heaven on Earth.

Fucking kek
>>
>>73110007
good post
>>
File: this used to be full of urine.png (1MB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
this used to be full of urine.png
1MB, 1024x667px
>>73110841
>and they brushed their teeth with urine

Fun fact, wool production used to be done with urine as well. It's called "fulling." Romans forced slaves to pound ankle-deep in urine to remove animal fat (lanolin) from the hair to make it cleaner and thicker.

The Roman urine method continued on until the medieval era
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.