[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Continent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: eurasia.jpg (140KB, 1256x791px) Image search: [Google]
eurasia.jpg
140KB, 1256x791px
Eurasia is one continent.
Euros drew an imaginary line across the Caucasus because they wanted to feel special.
BUT YOU'RE NOT.
>>
>>73102898
>imaginary line
>Caucasus

pick one
>>
>>73102898
Excellent post.
>>
>>73102958
OK. They chose an arbitrary mountain range.
>>
>>73103014
>arbitrary
You really don't get this?
>>
>>73102958
He is right though, Caucasus and Urals still don't change the fact that Europe and Asia are part of the same continental landmass.
>>
>>73103049
Why that mountain range instead of another one?
Geologically, why is that the dividing line?
>>
>>73102898
> an imaginary line
Same with anglos and the "North America is one continent"
>>
It's all arbitrary, but since it was the Greeks who popularized and preserved the name and definition, it should be continue to be the one we should use (which Europe is defined as everything East of the Bosporus Strait split, and east of the Don river).
>>
>>73102898
The thing that triggers me the most is that if we were to use historical and cultural criteria, the whole mediterranean basin should be a single entity. Furthermore, North Africa and the Middle East are historically and culturally (Abrahamitic religion etc.etc.) to Europe than they are to subsaharian Africa and the Far East.

>inb4 you have to go back
No, we wuz roman and shiet.
>>
>>73103154
Continuing to use the word is fine.
What I'm getting at is: aren't we imposing our own vanity on geology? If you were an alien you'd consider Eurasia to be one mass, regardless of what types of apes evolved/migrated there.
>>
>>73103121
How was switzerland formed?
Why isn't Norway and Sweden one country?

Turns out mountains and bodies of water isolate people from each other leading to seperately developing cultures.

The caucasus and the urals like the biggest mountain chains on the entire continent, of course the poeple are gonna be significantly different on the different sides.

Not even accounting the fact of how incredibly big eurasia is. A korean, an arab and a brit are probbaly genetically less related than say a native north american and a natvie south american.
>>
File: 1280px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png (381KB, 1280x874px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png
381KB, 1280x874px
>>73103121
>Geologically, why is that the dividing line?
Either that or just 2 continents: America and Eurafrasia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBcq1x7P34
>>
>>73103147
The Panama Isthmus separates North and South America like the Suez Isthmus separates Asia and Africa, boludo
>>
>>73102898
Why do people bother replying to this?
>>
Everything is an "imaginary" something, for all I know you are just a collection of atoms and so on.
>>
>>73103324
You're talking about humans. I'm talking about the way Earth's crust smashed together and made land masses. That happened regardless of the apes that came to live in certain areas.
>>
>>73103253
>vanity on geology
no. for it started off as a definition not based around any special pride, but mere observance of where it seemed the regions split. Now, it's just used as a matter of most geographical words and names as a matter of convention. People use Eurasia for the sense of your definition, but only use Europe when it comes to topics related to the discussion of conventional lands, which is appropriate. Saying Eurasia when you're talking about historical and east of the Volga or Don is pointless, as you're not often talking about conventional 'Asian' countries in such discussions, but conventional European ones.
>>
>>73103456
Africa can be easily divided into Northern and sub-Saharan based on people & culture. But it's one tectonic land mass.
>>
>>73103407
Oh sorry I misunderstood your question. I'm not really sure, maybe this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantle_plume ?
>>
>>73103529
>sorry
Congratulations, that is the first time I have ever seen that word on 4chan.
>>
>>73103324
This is plain delusion.
Since the birth of the Greek civilization Europe and Western Asia have always been a single cultural unit.
The Greeks, the Persians, the Romans, the byzantines and then even the Arabs and the Ottomans have constantly put in communication the two side of the Bosphorus, culturally and politically. The Greeks only used Europe and Asia to indicate the two sides of the Aegean Sea, it had nothing to do with culture. And even today it is arguable whether the Middle East is culturally closer to the Far East or Europe, considering that Islam is still an Abrahamitic religion.
>>
>>73102898
>Caucasus
Is that what it is? I thought it was the Pyrenees. "Europe ends at the Pyrenees", the Chinks always say.
>>
there are two continents, 3 if you count australia
>>
>>73102898
India is on a different plate though
>>
Here are borders of Europe. We should build 20m wall there.
>>
>>73104430
Antarctica
>>
>american education

when the barents sea freezes, you can walk to america
does that mean its just one continent?
really makes you think
moreover!
you can walk to africa aswell, well not counting suez

the whole world is just one big continent!
>>
>>73103324

>urals like the biggest mountain chains on the entire continent

which every empire just trotted across. Which is why Russia needed to conquer Siberia, so it can stop being conquered itself.
>>
>>73102898
Why are you including all the islands? Just continental Eurasia is fine
>>
>>73103400
is latvia cool?
>>
>>73102898
i know it's funny because I'm canadian, but I used to think as a child that asians and white people were 2 ends of the spectrum for the same race.

In the same way that people accept that swarthy meds and snow nigger barbarians are the same race (not really), I saw Asians and White people as one extended people.

In a way it's kind of true though.
>>
>>73104896
Ye.
It's getting warmer though. Spring is nice, especially when you live on the coast.
>>
Is Australia a continent or an island?
>>
File: kot-is-confused.jpg (12KB, 201x211px) Image search: [Google]
kot-is-confused.jpg
12KB, 201x211px
>>73104818
wtf so british isles, ireland, malta, cyprus, sri lanka, japan, taiwan, philipines, and half of indonesia, etc isn't part of eurasia?
>>
File: Number of Continents.png (1MB, 852x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Number of Continents.png
1MB, 852x1198px
>>73102898
>>
>>73105428
This
>>
File: panama canal.jpg (408KB, 630x689px) Image search: [Google]
panama canal.jpg
408KB, 630x689px
America is one continent.
Amerifats dug an imaginary line across the Panama because they wanted to feel special.
BUT YOU'RE NOT.
>>
>>73105490
Afro-Eurasia is one continent.
Eurasians dug an imaginary line across Egypt because they wanted to feel special.
BUT YOU'RE NOT.
>>
File: lost2.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
lost2.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>73105428
KEK
There should be another one with the oceans drained up and all that's left is ONE BIG LAND.
>>
>>73105490
we dug a canal so we wouldn't have to sail around south america
>>
>>73105428
5 is the best number
>>
>>73102898
>What is the Ural Mountain range
>Whatis the black sea
>>
File: LocationAfricaEurasia.png (296KB, 1920x977px) Image search: [Google]
LocationAfricaEurasia.png
296KB, 1920x977px
Afro-Eurasia is the only real continent. World Island ftw.
>>
Continent is a fancy name for big ass island
>>
>>73104522
this
>>
>>73103400
Are you imaginary?
>>
>>73102898
awful post
>>
ITT Eurofags triggered that their shitty peninsulas dont count as a real continent.

Fucking New zealand is more of a continent
>>
>>73104945
not really. fuck of Chang
>>
>>73102898
Why not go on further
Eurasiamerica
>>
>>73108432
Sometimes.
>>
>>73105428
>australia
>not oceania

australia is just the big fat one not all of it
>>
i like to be a continent reductionist and think in terms of 4 continents: afro-eurasia, americas, australia, antarctica
>>
>>73102898
>Eurasia is one continent.
Really opened my eyes.
>>
>>73102898
American intellect at it's finest.
>>
>>73102898
>Eurasia is one continent.
Stop the fucking presses.
>>
>>73102898
I agree. Europe is a fake shit
>>
>>73102898
so what's your point? we're all living on the same rock
>>
>>73102898
The better humans deserve their own continent.
>>
>>73102898

Alright then, you take in all the Latinos, see how well it goes.
>>
>>73108316
Agreed
>>
File: fuck-off.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-off.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>73102898
nice try chang but you dont fool me
>>
>>73102898
Europe is a peninsula of Asia
>>
>>73110306
Absolutely this
Along with New Caledonia, New Zealand is the mostly submerged continent of Zealandia
>>
>>73120074
Europe is a continent
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.