[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question for non-anglos is it hard speaking english all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
question for non-anglos

is it hard speaking english all the time?
do you ever read a post and not know what a word means?
do you have to read the sentence in english and translate it back into your native language in your head and then form an appropriate response in english after thinking in your native language what to reply?

Isn't that laborious?
Don't you wish you were born an English speaker?
>>
Nope, english is piss easy
>>
no
no
no
no
no

English is a bitch-ass easy language for retards.
>>
No, English is a primitive language.
>>
>>73068637
>>73068647
your mum's easy
>>
>>73068675
*You're
>>
>>73068675
*You're
>>
File: 1485030056739.jpg (87KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
1485030056739.jpg
87KB, 866x866px
>is it hard speaking english all the time?
No, english is a meme language.
>do you ever read a post and not know what a word means?
Rarely.
>do you have to read the sentence in english and translate it back into your native language in your head and then form an appropriate response in english after thinking in your native language what to reply?
No, I just think in your language when I read it.
>Isn't that laborious?
Not at all.
>Don't you wish you were born an English speaker?
No. Except for nips apparently, everyone's able to learn it without suffering, I'd rather be born speaking french or german, because I'd learn english anyways.
>>
this is now an anglo feels thread

>tfw monolingual
>>
>>73068769
but I can speak Spanish almost fluently and every time I watch an interview with Evo Morales (my favourite meme) I have to translate what he said back in to English for me to understand it.

How can you just think in English?

Do you often think in English?
>>
>>73068620
The only times I have it hard with english is when I'm writing it. I often realize my sentences aren't gramatically correct.
>>
File: IMG_2307.jpg (73KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2307.jpg
73KB, 500x495px
>>73068675
lel
>>
>>73068853
do you ever speak to other argentinians in english?

If I spoke Japanese and met another bong that spoke Japanese I'd probably speak Japanese with him.

for fun.
>>
People that think English is a hard language are always monolingual
>>
File: 1485894496906.png (53KB, 203x193px) Image search: [Google]
1485894496906.png
53KB, 203x193px
>>73068821
not him, but i think in english often
>>
>>73068821
you're just a retard

>t. turk who barely knows turkish

actually it's because you rarely use spanish in your day-to-day life and aside from "me gusta XD" and "jajajaja" it's not used much online either

whereas English is constantly used online and in your day-to-day life, foreigners also get the added effect of English speaking tourists and English lessons
>>
>>73068769
This.

Anglos maybe don't know since they don't have to learn another language, but when you speak another language, you think in this language. You think maybe a slightly bit slower because sometimes words don't come immediately, but you don't think of the words in your language and then translate it.
>>
>tfw to intelligent to speak a foreign language
>>
File: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ol1s5nzdam1y.png
53KB, 200x200px
>>73068896
that's like being cucked on a psychological level
>>
No.

Academic papers have certain words sometimes that I have to look up but other than that English is easy, it comes naturally.
>>
>>73068620
English is basically a cavemen language, just look at this sentence. cave+men is an actual word. It's also way easier to formulate a reply in english first since it's a pretty vague language too.
>>
no
yes
>do you have to read the sentence in english and translate it back into your native language in your head and then form an appropriate response in english after thinking in your native language what to reply?
right now not really (i can think in english naturally), but when i was learning, yes
>isn't that laborious?
if you know certain amount of words, you usually end up translating just a few words a day. (at least i do with my current english level)
>don't you wish you were born an English speaker?
no, i have easier way to learn other languages, since polish has many sounds and one of the hardest grammar rules, and i don't have to waste my time to understand conjugation etc., maybe finnish, hungarian and chinese (not sure) would be more difficult and therefore more useful for learning languages
>>
File: 1488307655598.png (125KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1488307655598.png
125KB, 367x321px
>>73068910
cala a boca filho da puta
>>
>>73068620
Nah, English is relatively easy, though it depends on particullar post and poster; some may give a headache indeed if longer sentences with no punctuation and verbs put on the far end of them are used, ykwim.

However I must admit I have troubles when speaking, I never practiced it much. Reading/writing is another story, typos aside.
>>
File: 1486187357511.jpg (108KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1486187357511.jpg
108KB, 1024x683px
>>73068821
Well, spanish can be very diverse, there are plenty of countries and accents out there. All the media I consumed during my teenage years was anglo (music, movies, series, games, all that shit). I think it gets to a point where you just absorb it, if you had the same experience with spanish it would probably be the same.

>How can you just think in English?
That's a hard question, I don't really know how my brain works, but I'll tell you what I've noticed. Every language is unique, and some expressions and slang are also unique. I can say "fuck off", or, in portuguese, I'd say "sai caralho / sai porra", but in this case I think it sounds better in english. Sometimes it's better to express yourself in other languages, and this is very good, having more ways to express yourself is good for your brain, specially if you talk to yourself just like me.

>Do you often think in English?
When I'm browsing 4chan, surprisingly. When the environment is anglo, I just go with the flow. I assume a very different personality when I speak another language, this also feels weird.
>>
>>73068620
I only write it, my french tongue is too strong
Yes, doesn't make the post hard to understand tho'
no
>Isn't that laborious?
no
no
>>
>>73068620
It's not that hard, compared to languages with gender nouns and weird inflections.
>>
>>73068620
>>73069012
Oh, and:

No, I would never resign from Chrzęszczybrzęczykiewiczovian as my Muttersprache. it's unique experience and I mean it.
>>
no
yes
no

no
no
>>
>>73068675
*You are
>>
>>73068620
>..an English speaker?

"hunt down that pokemon!"
>>
>implying anyone uses difficult words while shitposting on /int/
>>
>>73068620
No, speaking it all the time is better than speaking it once in a while.
Not here, /int/'s english is easy, no one use "big words".
This is harder than thinking in english, I never do it.
>Isn't that laborious?
Not at all.
In the past I did, but now I know english is pretty easy and it's better to be born in a non english speaker country than in one of them so I can easly speak 2 languages.
>>
English is extremely straightforward. Vocabulary wise, if you speak any western indo european language you automatically know like 35% of the whole vocabulary most people use in everyday life. If we consider those old outdated words you guys don't really use anymore, it can go as up as 45%, specially if you're a well read person that speaks a romance language as your first language.
So yeah, non anglo speakers sometimes can even be better prepared when reading classical material like Shakespeare and the king james bible than anglos themselves.

That if we don't mention that english doesn't rely that much on inflection, and verbal conjugation is rather easy because the language relies mostly on auxiliary verbs and word order instead of grammatical cases and inflections. There's no gender distinction among words. And so on.
That makes the language so simple to a point only very primitive languages spoken by isolated tribes like indonesian and polynesian could be properly compared to english in terms of simplicity, if we just ignore the massive vocabulary english has (due to word lending from other languages like french, latin, german, and such).

So being an anglo speaking person is a huge problem when you're learning other languages. There's no linguistic advantage at all for an anglo monolingual speaker when it comes to learning a different language or so.

There's a reason why people can speak english but they don't speak chinese. Chinese has had way more native speakers than english, but it's way harder to learn. The reason is that english is notthat comicated and chinese is a complex language. I'm not saying english is "easy" though. But it is very optimal in terms of simplicity.
>>
File: steam.png (23KB, 506x388px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
23KB, 506x388px
>>73068620
Piss easy meme language everyone speaks better than the natives.
How does pic related make anglos feel?
>>
>>73071295
>I'm not saying english is "easy" though. But it is very optimal in terms of simplicity.

Well maybe, but this suggests that any linguistic comprehension as a pair (or even sets) of features is not to be considered in determining problems of phonemic and morphological analysis. Notice, incidentally, that the fundamental error of regarding vocabulary based notions as 'categorial' rather than 'individual' raises serious doubts about one's stipulation to place the constructions into these various forms. For any transformation which is sufficiently diversified in application to be of any interest, the use of proper grammar may remedy and, at the same time, eliminate the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed language.
>>
>>73068620
>>73068620
No
No
No
No
No
>>
i don't think i have any issue writing in english however if i try to actually speak it, it comes out with a heavy accent since i barely speak any spanish in the first place
>>
>>73071489
I have a theory about how is like to learn english as an indo european speaker, I'll share my thoughts and you can see if you make any sense of what I'm going to say.

Let's say you took a game you never played before, and the game is a well-known successful trilogy of titles. But you started playing the 3rd one instead of the first one. You've played the game that had the most "special features" out of the three titles, and the highest budget. You learned all the combos and all the difficult stuff right away without even noticing it, because that was your first experience playing the series.

Then you decided you were going to play the first game. The budget was smaller and it didn't have that many "speacial features", but it was done so optimally well that the game won the most awards, sold a massive amount of copies and it ensured the trilogy thing to happen. It had the best lore, it wasn't done in a short period of time, and it was the title that people liked the most.

You mostly already know how the game works and you don't find it hard to play, because the game is very similar to the other one, but there are some differences between the titles.

I think learning english as an indo-european speaker is just like this, because english has grammatical features you can easily find in most indo european languages, but it lacks many of the other grammatical features virtually all indo european languages share among themselves. And it kind of makes english easier for indo european speakers to learn, and harder for native english speakers to learn other languages.

You can see that this "english is easy" meme comes mostly from indo european speakers, people that speak other languages originated from other family branches like japanese, turkish, etc they generally struggle when learning english, because their languages lack these grammatical features I mentioned, and their languages have nothing to do with english.
>>
>>73068620
i translate it in français desu
>>
>>73072016
You do realise my post was entirely nonsense, right ? :3c
>>
>>73072115
Yeah, that's why I thought I could make you understand what I meant in my previous post.
>>
File: kek.jpg (1MB, 8000x7710px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
1MB, 8000x7710px
>>73068728
>>
This primitive anglo-saxon language is not accurate enough and causes communication problems because of that. I have no idea why people have chosen it to be the "world language".
>>
I think most non-Anglos here are fairly productive when it comes to written English, but I suspect most of them would struggle in vocal conversation either due to pronunciation or ignorance of the sort of verbal cues and slang that aren't really present in written English.
>>
>>73068620
i'm not speaking, read, listen and write only
yes
>do you have to read the sentence in english and translate it back into your native language in your head and then form an appropriate response in english after thinking in your
only for words that i know bad
Isn't that laborious?
no
>>
>>73072596
cuz british empire conquer half the world, and cuz colonies of another empires became to shitholes after got independence
>>
>>73068620
English is easy as fuck
no
no. I pretty much think in English because of how often I have to use English IRL at this point
no
no
>>
File: So_kolonisiert_der_Deutsche.jpg (137KB, 444x777px) Image search: [Google]
So_kolonisiert_der_Deutsche.jpg
137KB, 444x777px
>>73073094
>british empire
Soon "United Kingdom of England and Wales".

>colonies of another empires became to shitholes
Colonies of the British Empire became shitholes too.
>>
>>73072596
Maybe because every single person in this thread says that english is a very easy language
>>
>>73068620
Majority yes. I haven't speak other people in English except English class.
However,I don't wanna be English speaker because I'm pride of Japanese.
What do you think that many people speak their language here?
I'm sad you only speak English HAHAHA
>>
>>73072596
>why people have chosen it to be the "world language"
because of the British Empire. they literally conquered pretty much most of the world and spread their language into their colonies. and then America popped up which is another major country that speaks Engish. pretty much anyone who matters spoke English. nobody chose it per se. it just turned out that way because of how convenient and popular it was
maybe in another universe, we're all shitposting in French
>>
>>73068620

No idea. I don't use English language anywhere outside of this imageboard and a couple of other English-speaking websites.

Sometimes. I'm not very proficient in your language to be honest.

Yes. I cannot "think" in English.

No, I feel okay being a native Russian speaker.
>>
File: 1488633746119347605.gif (775KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488633746119347605.gif
775KB, 350x400px
>>73073386
>that picture

What's up with Belgians?
>>
>>73073434
I think so.
Conversely,English is rational and emotionless language so it is easy to communicate with many diffrent people(but it's difficult as us because it's not one of most diffirent language as Japanese).
By the way,so I think many people speak English with emotion and using big diffrent pronunciation and accent because English is simple language.
>>
>>73073765
>because it's not one of most diffirent language
I mistake
>because It's one of the most diffirent language
>>
>>73072016
> people that speak other languages originated from other family branches like japanese, turkish, etc they generally struggle when learning english

not us tho DESU
>>
>>73068620
No
English is by far the easiest language.
That's why everyone uses it.
>>
File: wAnCTBj.gif (897KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
wAnCTBj.gif
897KB, 480x270px
>>73068620
That is not how bilingualism works Nigel
>>
>>73068620
Only if there's a need for special vocabluary in some fields of life that I'm not familiar with.
Also if some things don't have a word in English one has to think a bit how to talk about it.

do you ever read a post and not know what a word means?
>Haven't got a problem with that.
I've been using webxicon.com sometimes to translate some words.
I like that app, since it also shows what kind of concept the word is used.

No. It's quite the opposite
Translating things in the head helps when studying, but not when using the language.
There are plenty of words that have a different usage compared to Finnish so it's inevitable to think with the language.
Formulating a sentence itself needs some thinking in English, because word to word translation will break the language.

No. I'm proud of having this unique meme language and find it a great tool for thinking, expressing oneself.
Actually feeling lucky that I didn't because all those spelling rules anglos have to study just to write your language looks quite of a burden.
>>
>>73068620
No. No. No. No. No.
English is easy as fuck.
>>
>>73068821
I dont have to 'translate' anything, I just express my thoughts in English..intuitively so as to say. Translations is for idiots and beginners, no offense intended.
>>
>>73071295
Good post
>>
>>73080938
Translation is*
>>
>>73068620
Well, I understand nearly every sentence in English, although I can't translate between English and Polish
And on 4chan I never saw a single word that I couldn't understand, either from context, or from my former knowledge
Anyway, though I can understand English pretty well, in face-to-face communication in English I'm just fucking autist
Anyway, English is pretty easy, and many youths are nearly bilingual, mostly because of learning it since Primary School (podstawówka/szkoła podstawowa)
We also learn other languages in school, especially German and Russian, but also Spanish, French, and in some highschools even Latin
Actually, I was learning German in primary school, then Russian in lower highschool, and German again in upper highschool
>>
English is not easy, because of unlogic. For example irregular verbs often ok with -ed for writting and speaking (comed instead of came, for example). And too much another things, which looks weird after first view. But after long practice at school/university (on 4chan) it starting to be easy.

I read and write without vocabulary mostly and don't trying to translate it first in minds, I can to speak and understand all "on the fly". My problems are in grammar only.
>>
>>73085512
Kek.
No self-awareness. Nice.
>>
With lots of practice every language is easy, so is English. So it's ok
>>
A little bit
No
No
No
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.