[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am at a crossroads in my life. Right now I am finishing up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: 1484020263680.jpg (112KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
1484020263680.jpg
112KB, 803x737px
I am at a crossroads in my life. Right now I am finishing up my fourth semester (2nd year) of college going for a history major. (I know I screwed up, might as well get the major as any change would have me in school for longer) I have been considering military service since I was in middle school, but my parents tried to talk me out of it hence why I did not go into ROTC when I first started college. Is the military worth it? I have been considering jobs in Law Enforcement, Federal, State, and Local. DEA, FBI, ICE, Border Patrol, State Police, etc. are all jobs I have been eyeing. Now I am looking at a potential military career as an officer or at least putting in a few years of service. Is the military worth it? I narrowed down my choice to three branches, the Army, Marines, and Navy. Which branch would you recommend, or would you advise against service looking at my dream jobs/career goals? What can you tell me about the different branches, strengths and weaknesses? I have done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind. I am posting this here because if I join the military I would presumably be stationed around the world. What does the rest of the world think of the USA's military and branches?
>>
don't do it anon
you wouldn't want to die for niggers in some shithole halfway round the world
try law enforcement or alternatively teaching esl in asia
>>
>>72932686
I think you should do it, if you do I'd suggest enlisting tho
4 years isn't too much time really and it may open your eyes about what you want to do and who you want to be in life
you get to learn a lot of useful things, do cool shit that you'd never get to do in civilian life and most of all you'll find some of the best friends that you'll ever have
you're in the best years of your life, make the best of it or you'll regret it later

as for the branch I'd suggest the Army because of fast promotions, bonuses, and most training available (go to jump school if you can, best fucking thing in my life t b h)
all this is just my second-hand knowledge from /k/ tho

by the way there is a military enlistment general /meg/ on /k/ where you can find out more from American mil anons

t. oldfag yuropeen reservist
>>
File: 2bh.jpg (22KB, 480x531px) Image search: [Google]
2bh.jpg
22KB, 480x531px
Don't do it
support our troops, stop creating more
>>
>>72932686

>being a military fag

>literally giving away your God given freedom of thought, movement and pursuit of happiness for literally no gain whatsoever

(not even financial unless you actually deploy)

face it kiddo the army isn't MASH 4077, it'll be the biggest mistake you ever did if you're half smart, if you're dumb with no skills whatsoever then just go for it
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
I recommend that you consider whether you really want to become another cog in American imperial hegemony.
>>
File: 1475176844111-int.jpg (77KB, 480x446px) Image search: [Google]
1475176844111-int.jpg
77KB, 480x446px
>>72934824
>>72934944
>t. islamic gommies
>>72934909
*tips*
>>
File: image.png (785KB, 1024x726px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
785KB, 1024x726px
>>72935112
>t. de facto supporter of ongoing genocide in Yemen actuated via blockades imposed by US gulf allies
>>
I can't care less about USA. They are not even a country or a nation (they don't have a unique culture, actually they have no culture), nowadays they do not even belong to Western civilization, they are just a union of states created for purely economic reasons with the low quality immigrants no one wanted in Europe, Asia and Latin America, plus some Black slaves who are becoming the dominant culture in many ways, especially among the new generations.
>>
>>72935357
>actually they have no culture

You couldn't be more wrong. Whole Europe is americanized. Only a fool would deny this, all the degeneracy, do you really think that is of European origin? Everywhere you go is american culture.
>>
>>72935285
>t. de facto supporter of ongoing genocide in Yemen
well yes, kinda
there are terrorists over there that have to be killed and while civilian losses are regrettable they are impossible to avoid

how is it living in the fairytale world of ideals?
>>
>>72935401

It is clear that all this postmodern degeneration and all the lack of values and morality comes mostly from the USA, I have never denied that. The only thing I say is that I can't care less about the United States, as a country and as a society. It does not affect me at all what happens there, actually I'm really glad when things go wrong there, economically and socially.
>>
File: 432514234234.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
432514234234.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>72935565

would you be fine with your city losing half its population because "there be terrost there hurr durr" or is it fine because they're brown?

FYI Yemen wuz kangz and coffee trade leader and central hub of the known universe and shiiiet while your people where eating cow shit and bowing to king and clergy for a bowl of rice
>>
>>72935565
Yemen is being targeted because factions within it are perceived as threats to the regional dominance of the regime of our totalitarian client state, Saudi Arabia (which, if you'll recall, is the primary source of funding and ideology for global Sunni terrorism). The genocide in Yemen has nothing to do with fighting terrorism and everything to do with protecting US strategic interests in the Middle East.
>>
>>72935401
>American culture

Hm I didn't know Swedes also enjoyed sharting and getting shot. Interesting.
>>
>>72935824
he didn't say he liked it doe
>>
File: Alex.jpg (52KB, 564x704px) Image search: [Google]
Alex.jpg
52KB, 564x704px
>>72935739
>would you be fine with your city losing half its population because "there be terrost there hurr durr"
good thing I live in a civilised society so that will never happen

Yemen was shit long before any western "ebil imberialist" intervention and they can thank themselves (well mostly) for the current shit state of their lands
>>72935757
>Yemen is being targeted because factions within it are perceived as threats to the regional dominance of the regime of our totalitarian client state, Saudi Arabia (which, if you'll recall, is the primary source of funding and ideology for global Sunni terrorism).
I'm not saying that Saudis aren't cunts, but they are an essential ally to the US (and the west in general) so there's not much that can be done about them
>The genocide in Yemen has nothing to do with fighting terrorism and everything to do with protecting US strategic interests in the Middle East.
2woke4me
>>
>>72936175
>A recently leaked 2014 email from Hillary Clinton acknowledges, citing Western intelligence sources, that the U.S.-backed regimes in Saudi Arabia and Qatar have supported ISIS.

>“We need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region,” the document states.

Lol yeah, some allies, huh? But by all means, please continue licking boots and Saudi shafts.
>>
>>72932686
stupid drumpfkin
>>
>>72936513
>Lol yeah, some allies, huh? But by all means, please continue licking boots and Saudi shafts.
without the control of ME oil and strategic presence in the ME the US would quickly fall from the top global superpower position and with that your economy (and with it your whole country) would crumble down in a matter of decades if not years

in today's beautiful world of globalism there is no such thing as "good", only lesser evils
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.