[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn Russian. Does anyone have any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 5747792479_454666d7b1_z.jpg (119KB, 571x570px) Image search: [Google]
5747792479_454666d7b1_z.jpg
119KB, 571x570px
I want to learn Russian. Does anyone have any advice?
>>
>>72839094
>he relates Russia to communism
you need to kys.
>>
File: OvieMalkin04Draft.jpg (32KB, 423x382px) Image search: [Google]
OvieMalkin04Draft.jpg
32KB, 423x382px
Here you go friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhhzC7rzre0
>>
>>72839094
Don't.
>>
>>72839094
Yes. Don't.

But if you feel compelled to do so anyway, good luck I guess.
>>
Don't
>>
>>72839302
It's the only even halfway related pic I had is all.
>>72839325
Why not Vasily?
>>
>>72840372
>>72840449
Why?
>>
>>72840612
DON'T

waste of time
>>
>>72840663
There are a lot of Russians in the world. And my understanding is most of you don't speak English well, or at all.
>>
>>72840798
I'm learning russian now. if I make it I'm going to do arabic next and then chinese.

that way no matter what happens there'll be somewhere I can go that will be winning (unless everything is fucked, in which fuck it anyway).
>>
>>72840947
This is a good plan. I like it. Except that if the Arab world is winning that's about as bad as the whole world being fucked.
>>
>>72840989
not all bad mate, pretty sure I'll be an in-demand commodity as an educated white man. four wives will go a long way to helping cope without alcohol and freedom.
>>
>>72841038
Four times the bitching...No thanks, bud.
>>
>>72841104
mate, it's not like in west where you have to put up with it

if it gets bad just give 'em a good clobbering until they get the message
>>
>>72839094
Transliteration is trash, learn Cyrillic as soon as possible.
Cases are easier than they look like. They require more "dumb memorizing" than proper thinking to learn.
You won't sound native. Focus on being intelligible first.
>>
>>72841142
Kek yeah good point.
>>
>>72841162
>learn Cyrillic as soon as possible
This really doesn't look too hard. It's an alphabet so it's far easier than learning moon runes at least. Learning to type and hand write will probably be a little annoying but reading looks okay.
>>
>>72841466
learned it in a day and got used to typing/reading it comfortably within a month

don't use duolingo for it though, get the new penguin guide.
>>
>>72841539
That's reassuring, thanks. What's the new penguin guide, though? I've used Duolingo in the past and I like it but I don't know if it's any good for teaching a new alphabet.
>>
>>72841594
it's good once you know the alphabet but useless for it

it's a book: the new penguin russian course by Brown
>>
>>72841466
Learning Cyrillic isn't hard at all, and it's less work than learning the transliteration and then "unlearning" the bad habits it'll give. Ditto for handwritting - although be aware it's a bit messier than Latin.

For typing, if you use Linux, just fire up a text editor and set it up to Cyrillc and play with it a bit.
>>
>>72841742
>>72841767
Nice, thanks my dudes.

Still wondering why the Russians and Slavs are all saying don't learn it. Are they memeing?
>>
>>72839094
Try to find russian girl . fuck her is ass. she will teach you
>>
>>72842249
well, it really depends why you're learning it

it's harder and it won't improve your career prospects much as french, german, italian etc. and slavic countries are shiteholes that you really don't want to live in. so if these are among the reasons you're learning then maybe don't.

it doesn't bother me though because I know english so I don't need to learn a language for my career and I wouldn't fancy moving anywhere else anyway. I want to learn it because I like russian literature, I'm up for a challenge, I might engage in sex tourism at some point, and as said above if things go south russia is one of the big players. Also, I like a challenge so why the fuck not?
>>
>>72842556
Is Italian actually useful for one's career? I thought Italy had a garbage economy these days.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.