[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it like being American? Having the whole world follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 20170326_035101.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_035101.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What is it like being American? Having the whole world follow your politics and culture must be so weird

Pic is pretty in pink because America rules
>>
File: 20170326_035056.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_035056.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Bump
>>
Imagine being 70 pounds heavier
>>
you get told you have no culture and everything that goes bad is your fault

also you get bullied everyday on the internet by internet trollers :^(
>>
File: american.png (8KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
american.png
8KB, 250x202px
>>72772245
>you will always be fat 60% murican
*out of breath*
*heavy breathing*
*gasping for brearth*
feels... BYUUUUURPPPP!!! fart BRAp bad man
>>
>>72772443
The America has no culture meme is so bizarre desu
>>
>>72772245
more developed and better off than 70% of the DEVELOPED world, let alone the rest of the world
Americans find countless ways to bitch and moan about how America is "literally the worst"

Obesity and general crime are pretty bad though
>>
File: 1485206159434.jpg (17KB, 457x307px) Image search: [Google]
1485206159434.jpg
17KB, 457x307px
>>72772245
> Having the whole world follow your politics and culture must be so weird
It's annoying because they think their opinions have weight
You basically have everyone online whose foreign and not friends with you nipping at your heels, telling you how to vote and behave

It's not gotten to the point where I'd just block foreigners on social media, but it's very tiresome having them approach me about politics or celebrity gossip and nothing else
As if I didn't have enough of that when talking to my parents
>>
>>72772686
>using social media
Normal faggot kys
>>
File: 1483264298636.jpg (283KB, 1234x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1483264298636.jpg
283KB, 1234x1212px
>>72772837
Call me what you will memething, it bothers me not
>>
>>72772443
>everything that goes bad is your fault

It is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcPyqMWems
>>
It is weird, it's over saturation, and then they come here, which is even weirder.
>>
I feel bad for the rest of the world tbqh
>>
i cant tell you "what its like" because ibhave nothing to compare it to since i was born herenand yhis is all i know.
However, this pretty much sums it up

>People often ask me what it means to be an American. I tell 'em it's triumph. Triumph. Triumph when we nuke our enemies. Triumph when when peer down from the moon and laugh heartily at Russia. Triumph when we depose one dictator after another. Triumph when we break into the homes of terrorist kingpins on the other side of Earth and shoot them in the face. Triumph when we use flying robots to bomb other terrorists in Afghanistan, and other nuclear robots to explore Mars. Triumph when we free Europe from Nazis. Triumph. Triumph. Triumph. But it's not just the the big things, see? It's the way I can set up lawn chairs at my friends house on the Texas Rio Grande and share a toast to freedom while watching Mexicans charge into gunfire to enter my country. It's the way an Italian cabbie sits up straight and floors the gas when he hears my accent. It's seeing the wide eyes and bead of sweat running down the forehead of a German customs agent when he opens my passport. It's the way a French waiter hangs his head when I refuse the wine and ask for Coke instead, in English knowing full well he understands me (and that they have it). The way an Aussie blushes and leans into the urinal next to me in the bathroom, or the scowl that meets my smirk when I tip an English waiter in US dollars covered with Washington's face. The way small mobs of Canadian school children follow me from a distance to see what a free man looks like, or how heads timidly rise and women gather when my accent stops the music in the clubs of Amsterdam. Triumph. Every bit of it, triumph. That's what it means to be an American.
>>
It's annoying as hell. Everyone wants to tell me about my country every time I go online.
>>
>>72773371
this.

and everybody thinks anything they hear bad about a place in america happens everywhere in america despite the country being the width of an entire fucking continent
>>
File: 20170326_045122.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_045122.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How do I get an American gf?
>>
>>72773722
Just find an Anglo-boo
>>
>>72773470

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, either take remedial English or go to fucking bed.
>>
File: pitbull.jpg (124KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pitbull.jpg
124KB, 1024x1024px
>tfw run out of of national treasures so we have to make up national mysteries like pic related
>>
>>72772245
Depends on your socio-economic status. Imagine the UK (or maybe Australia would be a better comparison) but way bigger, with more varied geography and (due to size) a more stark divide between urban and rural, with more guns and no free college, replace the nanny police state with cameras everywhere with a corporate police state that reads your emails and tracks your every online move and every phone-call, and a significant chunk of the population is genuinely opposed to the concept of things like workers' unions or minimum wage increases or government-sponsored healthcare due largely to decades of pro-corporate propaganda.

Oh and also no queen or parliament, and basically no concept of aristocracy (except by wealth). I talked to a Brit once who seemed genuinely confused by the idea that literally no one gives a shit if someone is descended from the founding fathers, nor do they get any special treatment for it. Honestly I've never even heard of a single living descendant of any of them.

I mean, I dunno, maybe there is some super super mega rich corporate asshole who's a descendant of George Washington and maybe he even makes a huge deal about it whenever possible and demands people call him George Washington XXVIII or whatever and puts on a powdered wig when he has sex, I dunno. But I can't imagine anyone else actually caring at all unless they had to. Ancestry is just not something we care about (unless it's race, but I think we're getting better about that).

Anyway, the average person doesn't really ever think about the rest of the world following our politics and culture. We're very isolated, and we tend to think of ourselves as such. Basically like Island Mentality but not an island. Most Americans tend to either never (or rarely) think about what the rest of the world thinks of us, or to just consider it a given that the rest of the world dislikes the US.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.